C7 ZR1 Discussion General ZR1 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Input on A8 vs M7 ZR1

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2023, 07:03 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,655 Likes on 1,754 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Congrats on the ZR! Either way you will love the car
Old 12-18-2023, 07:05 PM
George_L
Burning Brakes

Received 772 Likes on 406 Posts

Thank you.
Old 12-24-2023, 02:20 PM
Repo Pilot
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 624 Likes on 307 Posts

My CyberGray ZTK is the first automatic vehicle other than rental cars I have driven since I drove my mother's Dodge to get my driver's license. Unfortunately it had the slip and shutter disease. It went to the dealer for every recommended flush, adjustment etc. that the factory came up with. I went to the shop so may times that I could have invoked the lemon law - but didn't as by that point ZR production had ended.

The dealer ultimately condemned me into warrantee hell with GM by disclosing I had cardinally sinned by installed a non-factory exhaust system. But that didn't happen until I brought the car back in after having the transmission overheat which threw the car into limp mode at well over 200 while doing aerodynamic testing at an IMRA event.

Since Howard Tanner at Redline Motorsports in Pompano Beach had done great work on my previous Z06 I stopped by his shop. I was amazed to see Cadillacs in his shop. When I asked about them I learned they had the same transmission problems the ZR has and were there getting fixed. Turns out there is a Turque Convertor that the drag racing guys love that is an exact match to GM's made in Mexico disaster, is very reasonably priced and fixes the issue 100%. Now the ZR has almost C8 fast shifts, zero slip and no component over-heat.

Should you desire more details PM me.

The following 2 users liked this post by Repo Pilot:
JG853 (12-26-2023), SouthernSon (01-02-2024)

Quick Reply: Input on A8 vs M7 ZR1