Macmulkin ERay list

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2023, 10:01 AM
neoattilahun
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 54 Posts

Default Reliance

Originally Posted by GOLD72
Tommy Jr never said anything to me last March about an email blast to everyone on the "interested list". It was my full expectation to be contacted in chronological order as my past dealers have done.
Same here. When I got on the list, they told me my position and that was it. I never was told that position on the list was irrelevant. It seemed clear to me that one's position on the list had at least a higher correlation to when you would get an Eray, else there really would have been no reason to tell you your position.

MM's decision to go to an email blast and deposit free for all took me out of contention. Had I known that up front, I would have placed a deposit elsewhere. By the time I found out (on this forum) many months later it seemed too late, as any dealer offering MSRP had hundreds ahead of me. I am disappointed.
The following 2 users liked this post by neoattilahun:
GOLD72 (01-02-2023), TGChris2 (01-04-2023)
Old 01-02-2023, 04:35 PM
VER
Drifting

Received 1,733 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by neoattilahun
When I got on the list, they told me my position and that was it.
And what was your position?
Old 01-02-2023, 06:40 PM
neoattilahun
Instructor

Default Position

Originally Posted by VER
And what was your position?
Low 50s.
Old 01-03-2023, 08:55 AM
jjsaustin
Pro

Received 460 Likes on 205 Posts

Low 50s.
You must have been on their list for a while...

Certainly if MM told you that they were going to do an email blast, I imagine you would have called around to find another dealer that had an orderly list so you would get your car early. I hope you get contacted early and get the car you have been waiting for.

Approximately how long have you been in the list?
Old 01-03-2023, 12:47 PM
COSMObudman
8th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here. When I got on the list, they told me my position and that was it. I never was told that position on the list was irrelevant. It seemed clear to me that one's position on the list had at least a higher correlation to when you would get an Eray, else there really would have been no reason to tell you your position.

MM's decision to go to an email blast and deposit free for all took me out of contention. Had I known that up front, I would have placed a deposit elsewhere. By the time I found out (on this forum) many months later it seemed too late, as any dealer offering MSRP had hundreds ahead of me. I am disappointed.

I got on the list approx 1yr and 9 months ago and my number is mid 70s. I researched and monitored overwhelming praise for MM on this forum through the c7 and c8 threads and decided they were who I wanted to handle my corvette experience. We toured the dealership in Nashua while on vacation to Boston before deciding to jump on the call list with them. Not a huge dealership but there were c8s everywhere and they were very welcoming to show us around and even took us back to the service area to see my first Accelerate Yellow being checked in. The GS/Eray/widebody was what I wanted all along. I intend to keep this car for a long time and felt I had no reason to initiate lists with other dealers. I have called regularly and been greeted with nothing but polite professionalism each time confirming my place on the call list. I called with concerns after watching the Ciocca z06 circus event unfold and was told "...we do not treat our customers that way and that everyone on the call list would be contacted in the order received once the new model was officially announced by GM". Despite many attempts no deposits would be accepted until announced.

I have no reason to discredit MM or doubt that they will handle this process in a professional manner based on my interactions with them and their reputation on the various forums. They have no obligation to me legally (or even personally) at this point. My only regret is that had I known my early interest and discussion with MM would come down to a mass email to the world--I would have started the process with ALL of the local dealers that receive minimal allocation and hoped for the best. Unfortunately it is too late for that now as the locals already have a waiting list, many with deposits.

I hope to not be disappointed but the bottom line is that---how a reputable high volume dealer chooses to handle the process of their 1st year allocations of an unannounced car is completely out of our control.

Looking forward to more Eray news and watching this process unfold now that we are officially into 2023!!

Old 01-03-2023, 04:49 PM
neoattilahun
Instructor

Default Memory

Originally Posted by jjsaustin
You must have been on their list for a while...

Certainly if MM told you that they were going to do an email blast, I imagine you would have called around to find another dealer that had an orderly list so you would get your car early. I hope you get contacted early and get the car you have been waiting for.

Approximately how long have you been in the list?
My recollection is that I got on the MM list in July 2021, but my "low 50s" recollection conflicts in a big way with COSMObudman's date and position, so I may have misrecollected my position, or the sales guy may have told me something that was totally wrong. I am afraid that I am not a good data point for timing of positions on the MM list. I apologize.

Yes, for sure I would have gone elsewhere had I been told up front that getting on the list a couple of years before launch is the same as getting on the list years later. Thanks for your good wishes. I am a bit disappointed with the current understanding of MM's intentions for the Eray non-list. If MM proceeds with the free-for-all and I lose out, I may pursue a base model C8, or I may even try for a ZR1 (I do have a deposit on that one). Yes, yes, I know: a First World problem.
Old 01-03-2023, 05:16 PM
VER
Drifting

Received 1,733 Likes on 740 Posts

Someone paste in the email that says they have an actual number on the eray list because at this point it just seems like people misremembering.
The following 2 users liked this post by VER:
NakedDave (01-17-2023), Shokosugi (01-05-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 07:53 PM
bluman
Melting Slicks

Received 349 Likes on 199 Posts

List number I was informed I was : 80
date : 8-23-21
Old 01-03-2023, 08:37 PM
msm859
Melting Slicks

Received 997 Likes on 575 Posts

Originally Posted by bluman
List number I was informed I was : 80
date : 8-23-21
Did you get that confirmed in writing? I went with a different top 5 seller, made my deposit on April 2021. Made the top 40 list.
Old 01-04-2023, 01:09 PM
JPierquet
Racer

Received 312 Likes on 119 Posts

I inquired about the ERay in December of 2021. Was told at that time that they were not taking deposits at this time, and will let me know the process at a later date. I inquired again in December 2022, and was told the same. I am a past customer and was told this by both Christian and Shane, They specifically said that they DO NOT have a deposit list.
The following 9 users liked this post by JPierquet:
billd1954 (01-05-2023), frankjr (01-05-2023), G8R-Vette (01-11-2023), hamta (01-17-2023), NakedDave (01-21-2023), Paws (01-04-2023), Shokosugi (01-05-2023), srobert910 (01-10-2023), Z0Sick6 (01-04-2023) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-04-2023, 06:58 PM
Z0Sick6
Le Mans Master

Location: North/Central NJ - a.k.a. Gotti in the CFNE section
Received 1,568 Likes on 534 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by JPierquet
I inquired about the ERay in December of 2021. Was told at that time that they were not taking deposits at this time, and will let me know the process at a later date. I inquired again in December 2022, and was told the same. I am a past customer and was told this by both Christian and Shane, They specifically said that they DO NOT have a deposit list.
This. people posting numbers from 2021 is comical. They are taking names to inform you when they will accept a deposit. It will go out to everyone and you can submit your deposit as you see fit. I just spoke to Tommy in the beginning of December. Prior customer here multiple times.
The following users liked this post:
16Vette93 (01-30-2023)
Old 01-05-2023, 01:41 AM
Shokosugi
Drifting

Received 1,873 Likes on 784 Posts

Everything MM has communicated to me regarding the Z06 has been in writing. Seems like people need to show some receipts or they are just engaging in whining in the hopes that their own lack of clarity on the matter will get them a solidified position on the ERay list. Furthermore whatever you think MM should do, they are being pretty clear about what they will do in writing so I’d expect them to follow that course and not waste your time huffing and puffing.
The following 6 users liked this post by Shokosugi:
16Vette93 (01-16-2023), chefsal (01-23-2023), frankjr (01-05-2023), IrishSpuds (01-30-2023), NakedDave (01-17-2023), Propspinner (01-12-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-05-2023, 10:34 PM
Villain C5
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 20 Posts

Here's an idea.
Don't go rushing to the forums and Facebook the second the email blast gets sent and share it with everyone.we all keep our mouths shut, and place our deposits if you want to.

You know how many people who were really waiting for the Ciocca list got screwed because people had to be internet heros and share the deposit information everywhere?
The following 2 users liked this post by Villain C5:
Greg00Coupe (01-13-2023), Young_Z06 (01-10-2023)
Old 01-06-2023, 10:02 PM
Alex M
Instructor

Received 120 Likes on 55 Posts

It is comical reading the post. People on an email list think they are in some line order. No you are not sorry.

You need to send cold hard cash 💵 to get your spot in line. I did this as I want a custom vin # so I can get the first batch regardless. The $10k for a custom vin is worth the line skip to me.
The following users liked this post:
16Vette93 (01-16-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 10:23 PM
imxz28
Drifting

Received 456 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex M
It is comical reading the post. People on an email list think they are in some line order. No you are not sorry.
You need to send cold hard cash 💵 to get your spot in line. I did this as I want a custom vin # so I can get the first batch regardless. The $10k for a custom vin is worth the line skip to me.
Thanks for the tip... I'll do it too. I have dibs on VIN 00001 but if Hendricks already has that, I'll take dibs on VIN 00002
Old 01-12-2023, 07:49 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 2,008 Likes on 1,155 Posts

It’s a dam if you do dam if you don’t. They are trying to be fair.

But here’s my problem with a wire. When ciocca opened the z list I happen to be on an emergency road trip.

Had my son send the wire from Cali, 3 hours behind.

As we all know you can cut a wire at 9 am and your bank has by end of day to send it through the fed system.

Not sure how I would do it. There were folks camped out at ciocca with checks in hand.

Is this how they did the z list?

I just hate that the wire release is at the discretion of the bank of which I have no control.

IF I were Macmulkin here are some ideas I'd consider and I'm sure they have.

1. Give a priority to repeat LOCAL customers. Customers who have bought cars from them in the past AND use their service facilities. Local loyal customers.

2. Make the refund non refundable under any circumstances this side of death. Too many people getting on multiple lists and maintaining/refunding deposits has to be a hassle for them.

3. Open up the deposits and he who puts down the biggest deposit gets priority!

Last edited by Greg00Coupe; 01-13-2023 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-15-2023, 01:13 PM
BPHORSEGUY
Melting Slicks

Location: SUFFIELD CT USA 2023 C8 CORVETTE UN-MODIFIED FINALIST
Received 655 Likes on 351 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by MacMulkin
Why is it not "right"?

How should we do it? Call each person on the list? Let's say we have 2000 people on the waiting list...that means we have to make 2000 phone calls and if we can't reach some of those people, then we have to leave a voicemail...wait for them to call back...

Let's say we call someone in position #10 and someone in position #200. We get in direct contact with #200 and they immediately send a wire transfer for deposit. #10 doesn't get back to us for a few days...or doesn't even bother to call us back and ghosts us. Then what? Are we supposed to wait for days or weeks-on-end for someone to call us back while others are sending in deposits?

IMHO, that's not fair to those who really want the car and send a deposit in, and it's a huge amount of work and a waste of our time waiting for people to get back to us. An email blast is quick and efficient.

Just my two cents...
HEY.....No using logic here!!! LOL
The following 3 users liked this post by BPHORSEGUY:
16Vette93 (01-16-2023), billiam01 (01-17-2023), IrishSpuds (01-22-2023)

Get notified of new replies

To Macmulkin ERay list

Old 01-15-2023, 01:53 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,547 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by Villain C5
Here's an idea.
Don't go rushing to the forums and Facebook the second the email blast gets sent and share it with everyone.we all keep our mouths shut, and place our deposits if you want to.

You know how many people who were really waiting for the Ciocca list got screwed because people had to be internet heros and share the deposit information everywhere?
You're asking social media to be quiet? Good luck.
Old 01-15-2023, 06:48 PM
St!ngray
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 251 Likes on 163 Posts

MM just send an email to everyone on the list and give them 24 hours to respond. This way once they have responded with yes, I send the deposit via wire transfer each of the respondents keeps the slot they had.
This is only fair to the people that have been on the list , some of which have been well over a year waiting for GM to announce the car.
Old 01-15-2023, 07:06 PM
Paws
Burning Brakes

Received 509 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by St!ngray
MM just send an email to everyone on the list and give them 24 hours to respond. This way once they have responded with yes, I send the deposit via wire transfer each of the respondents keeps the slot they had.
This is only fair to the people that have been on the list , some of which have been well over a year waiting for GM to announce the car.
What you fail to realize :
There is no list !! NO ONE has a "slot"
That hasn't been a list from the start.
MacMulkin has stated that countless times.

So many people think that by saying it a "list " will suddenly be generated with them on it.
This isn't a Disney fantasy. You can't wish it into existence.

If MacMulkin wants to prioritize, it should be with former clients who have purchased one or more Corvettes from them.
The following 5 users liked this post by Paws:
16Vette93 (01-16-2023), hamta (01-17-2023), lund pro v (01-18-2023), NakedDave (01-17-2023), Zevo (01-16-2023)

Quick Reply: Macmulkin ERay list