Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 concept-What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 03:38 AM
tslick98
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
I am not so sure that you do understand how and why these renderings are created. They are NOT intended to "show" GM how to design the new C8. They are not holding back GMs designs. They are intended to try and visualize what GM has "already" designed. I can guarantee you that GM is not looking at any of our photoshop render designs and saying "hmm, if the forum people like it...we should copy it"! That would be about 3 years too late. Sorry to burst your bubble but you can not "push" Chevrolet into making something great - because it is already designed and engineered. People post here for "fun". They like to imagine and discuss what GM "may be" thinking and not to try to influence the design. They got those notes from all the previous feedback from the C7 and wish lists for future Corvettes.

You may believe that you have the greatest designs in the world...and maybe you do...but we still can not see any details in your renders. They are too dark. And from what I can see looks an awful lot like a mash up of a C7-Ferrari front and an NSX or Trion Nemesis rear sans wing. Certainly nothing Earth-shattering or new, and not detailed or clean enough. These are not really designs but are the same PS type or airbrush renders you are putting down and dismissing. If you have a true "design" in CAD I for one would love to see it from different angles. It's always exciting to see how others handle design and engineering problems.

Also, it may help to try and be a bit more gracious in your evaluation of others work and opinions. You come on a bit too strong and overly confident about your abilities. If you were truly a great automotive designer I trust you would already be working in the industry. If you feel that you have some super advanced designs- get out there and contact some manufactures. Get them to sign an NDA. I am sure that if you have such great designs, they will eagerly pay you. I seriously doubt any car maker will be contacting you through this forum to build a car or that Ferrari is out to steal your designs but good luck to you. Just remember that design is only one component. The car needs to be engineered and "build-able" and driveable etc. One of the beautiful aspects of the Corvette has been the everyday drive-ability. I hope they keep this with the new C8.

Looking forward to seeing more of this design and your other designs in the future.
Well said!
Old 04-28-2017, 05:29 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I already responded to this comment above but I'll repeat a few things and add a few things since it's reposted here again.

I know why these types of renderings are created. The renderings are created to sell magazines or get people to come to a website like this. But they are also used to judge people's response to them. And they can influence future designs if people like them or don't like them. They can hold back the advancement of design if everybody is content with them. I was stating my opinion that I didn't like this one just in case they were considering using those headlights or some of that front end treatment. Or putting left over C7 body panels on the mid-engine car. Because some renderings that are published are almost exactly like the car that eventually comes out. The car is still at least two years away if it is even produced. It still might not be completely designed yet and there's still plenty of time to change something if they wanted to.

I would rather them start over right now and take their time to get it right than to rush something that won't be as good as it should be.

Some renderings could be made by GM and given to magazines to judge public reaction or to create a buzz about an upcoming car. I believe some magazine illustrators are invited to view new cars before the public sees it. They are allowed to make a rendering of it but it has to be slightly different than the real car, maybe not as good as the real car, so it's a little better than what is expected when it's released.

My comments were not directed at the illustrator who made the rendering. They were meant for GM. I wasn't insulting the people who made the rendering. I was defending myself against some people that were insulting my drawing. I was saying that mine were not photographs of actual cars pieced together. So it doesn't look like a photograph. It's an original drawing. I was simply responding to them. It is a CONCEPT SKETCH ONLY. If you technical people don't like the word design. But I'm sure the people at GM can see it very clearly. I can.

Some of you are way over reacting.

Oh, you're probably right. The best designers are probably already in the industry like you said. The best musicians and singers probably already have been heard also. Let's just listen to the same music for the next 50 years.

I said that the reason I created this concept was to push GM to create a mid-engine car at least as good as this one. And I believe I can do that. Because my design is feasible. It is not wildly outrageous to where people would say that GM would never produce that. And it's not a simple cut and paste rendering of current cars. I made it precisely to fit in the area where I think the mid-engine Corvette should be at least as good as. I want it to be at least this good, so I'm not disappointed. I want it to be modern. Futuristic. I was tired of the Camaro and Mustang and Dodge throwbacks immediately. I had already seen them in the 60's and 70's. Give people an option that like modern and futuristic design. All shouldn't be modern replicas of the 60's cars.

------------------
"Ford shares dropped nearly 4 percent to a 21-month low after its April sales fell 7.1 percent.
GM's April sales declined 5.8 percent, much worse than expected."

Is this because they are not giving many options other than modern replicas of classic cars?

One size does not fit all.

I'm trying to wake up the auto industry. They have been asleep for 30 years in terms of body styles.
-------------------

I wasn't bragging either. It might come off that way, but I was just being honest. I do have other designs that are better than any supercar concept sketch that is online. I'm not going to put them online though. When I see one that is better, I would say that I have the second best. But then I could redesign mine to stay ahead of everything else. I had to do that once after seeing a new concept 10 or 15 years ago and I've been updating them since. It will be awhile before anyone catches up. Even modestly speaking, I'm pretty far ahead. But I'm not sure if I'd be good at designing luxury sedans, haven't tried. I haven't tried to do a regular sedan either, but I don't think I have the interest in that. I have what could be considered the best truck designs. I have other designs that are in completely new categories of cars. They don't fit into any current type of car.

The front end of my design here does not look like a Ferrari at all. It is all future Corvette. It looks more Corvette than any actual Corvette, past or present. It is what those in the past were trying to be but it wasn't their time yet.

And the side scoop is original. I made a larger, modern version of the Corvette Indy Concept cars. The CERV III also had a forward leaning scoop. I made my forward leaning scoop with angular lines and bigger.

Again. This design wasn't intended to be the best design in the world. The people responding to this thread must not be reading or understanding what I wrote. I'm trying to get you to understand.

It's mainly a conceptual drawing to show an idea of a door and side scoop. I guess I should have made that more clear and not allowed people to draw me into a meaningless argument.

There's no such thing as a non discloser agreement (NDA) when it comes to design. They could say no thanks, and then just change it a little bit and sell the design or produce it themselves. There seems to be a lot of copying going on in the auto industry and I've never heard of a lawsuit about it. I have designs that are completely revolutionary in the way people are seeing and designing cars. Once that way is seen. They will all start copying it.

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 06-17-2017 at 07:23 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:05 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

... Edited to put updated photos here. I didn't want the thread to be 10 pages long.

Was this the area that some of you were having trouble seeing? I used my trusty Bell and Howell Tactical flashlight. It says it's 40 times brighter on the box. Just kidding. Don't have one.

This was the photo that made me reduce the size of the rear deck. Sometimes happy accidents happen like Bob Ross used to say. I wasn't copying any current car or anyone else's design. I got to my final concept this way. Not looking at any other cars. Maybe Ferrari designers did the same thing with the 458. It's still different than any Ferrari though.

Interesting how the lighting makes the back end kind of look like a C3 Vette, also. I love that 70's car. (I just learned that it was based on a 1964 Pontiac Banshee concept car.) The basic concept of the C3 design will always look good though. Timeless. That is hard to do, design a car that will always look good. I think the Viper accomplished this, also. Not all cars do that. Most just start to look old. (The original Viper that is, the subsequent models looked worse instead of better.) That was a great car. The production model looked as good as the concept car. It was much more than a modern Cobra though. It was futuristic. That is what's lacking in todays cars. There's no futurist aspect to them. They are missing that part of the equation.

Seems the CF rendering used the floor from another picture. Oh the horror.
-
Attached Images    

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 05-10-2017 at 01:45 AM.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:09 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Attached Images  

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 05-12-2017 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:36 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Please read everything before commenting. Most comments aren't even responding to what I wrote or said or meant. I'm trying to be helpful.

Those of you who have responded negatively sure are an uninspiring lot, let me say.

-

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 04-28-2017 at 07:26 AM.
Old 04-28-2017, 07:30 AM
tslick98
Burning Brakes

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by KrisColoradoLV
O
and since you asked what do we think of your rendering
not very appealing
wheelbase looks awfully short
Old 04-28-2017, 07:39 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Originally Posted by tslick98
O
and since you asked what do we think of your rendering
not very appealing
wheelbase looks awfully short

That's ok. A current Corvette owner doesn't think it looks good. That means Chevrolet might make the mid-engine Corvette even better than this design to satisfy you. I hope so. That is what I am trying to do. Get them to make it look at least as good as this.

Take into consideration also that this drawing is just the basic shape. There is no cosmetic sport package on it, like a Z06. No wing. It just has current production wheels on it. No air vents in the hood. No headlights, just a black space. It's not professionally drawn by a pro illustrator. It's not a bad drawing for an amateur illustrator, self taught.

Might be the angle that is making an optical illusion about the wheelbase. I used basically the same proportions as the original rendering. Just slightly bigger wheels. That might be why. But it's not a perfect drawing. I think some people are just being negative because I didn't like the CF rendering. They feel like they need to defend it because it was posted by the CF Editor.

For some reason it looks short when I look at the single picture of it, but when I look at the picture with the mirror image of it facing the other way, it looks like it has the correct proportions. Maybe because the lines are different than what cars are normally with the A pillar and the roof line angled in.

Let's get firstvettesoon to change it to a 3D CAD drawing for us. Or you could probably do it in your sleep since you're working on other things in your spare time. You could make it bright red and crisp like your drawing. Nice attempt at getting me to respond to that. Not going to fall for it, ts. It looks like you are capable of improving it greatly. Especially using layers from when you started modifying that 'angry' design. I googled it. I hadn't heard of him before. Well I'm angry at the slow advancement of design, not all of my cars look angry. Who are you? Do you work in design at GM? Or did somebody give you that picture you posted on the other thread. It is of much higher quality than the one I just saw in the photo bucket. I don't think you are being honest with your opinion anyway. Are you a fake account put on here by GM to sway people's opinions? You shouldn't groom potential customers to expect less. You should be producing more.

A combination of the Corvette Racing headlight, or better yet, the devil horn headlights above, with Tom Matsumoto's front fender or a modified modern version of the C3 fender since he works for Toyota. A more modern evolutionary version of the C7 front end, similar to the front that I drew here. The rear fascia of the little white concept drawing. I don't know who drew that one. The rear fender of that same concept if you don't want it to look as much like a Ferrari. But the rear fender that I drew is different than any Ferrari, and it does have some beautiful contours in there when you zoom in on it. If I have time, I'll clean it up a little. It would look very good life-size and in person. Eventually I would be able to get my drawing to look like a photograph, but it would take some time. I would like to see a door and side scoop similar to this one, if it could be graciously allowed in. I drew it onto the little white concept drawing also. So the side scoop and rocker panel can be clearly seen now. It actually looks better on that drawing, more integrated into the rocker panel area and more can be clearly seen on the door inside. That would complete the car. The perfect mid-engine Corvette for today in my opinion. You guys probably have that combination of ideas complete as a full scale mockup already. How does it look?

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 05-23-2017 at 01:56 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:07 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

I would like to see GM use a combination of these for a mid-engine Corvette. But don't hold back by making a conservative version of the sketches. Go all out. Make it look at least as good as these. I want to see a huge gaping hole in the side.

Here you go.... How about some half black wheels, and a little more exciting side scoop on the little green concept drawing. You're going to need some soft sculpted modern curves like the door and side scoop of the little green drawing (below right), along with some sharp edges to compete in terms of design in todays higher end market. Otherwise it will just look dated the day it's released.

Ok. That's about as much as I want to put online. And again. Don't judge the limits of my design capability based on this. This is good based on today's production car standards. I think it's gorgeous. I'm actually liking it more and more as time goes by, and I improved the design some. It just might be worth it for me to build a one off. Combined with some of the images below would be an outstanding mid-engine Corvette design in my opinion. I think it's consistent with Corvette styling, while transferring it to a mid-engine layout and advancing the evolution. But I restrained myself with the thought in mind to design something feasible for today. I would love to see something like this come to fruition. I hope that my other designs come to life someday in the future too. But I'm not going to put anything really advanced online just to see the idea stolen and used by someone else though.
Attached Images   

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 06-17-2017 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:20 AM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

I'm trying to get GM to build a great looking mid-engine Corvette. That's mainly why I started this project. I've been looking forward to it for 30 years. I think I have to be strong in my statements to get their attention. I'm not trying to offend anyone. If it ends up looking like a classic Le Mans car or the GT40, it will look dated as soon as it's released. It won't inspire a younger generation to like Corvettes. And I would be thoroughly disappointed. I want to see something futuristic. Current Corvette owners will like a more futuristic design once they see it in person, even if they say they wouldn't based on a picture in a focus group. Plus, it would attract buyers that think Corvette design has been lagging. Some of the accounts on this Forum might be GM designers as well, sorry guys, wasn't trying to offend. firstvettesoon, CFHay, and tslick98, do you guys work for GM? Come talk to me. Use me as a consultant. Or GM, fire them and hire me. Just joking. (Well, every joke has a bit of truth to it)

I wish I could start this thread over and just ignore a couple people's comments. I think they were being overly critical just to troll, because I criticized some things. But all the arguing actually helped prove my position.

-

Edited update: It would make sense that professional bloggers that work for GM would criticize mine because I said I didn't like the CF rendering. I think that's what happened here on this thread. They were protecting their brand image. They might have thought the ZR-1 front fascia was going to look like that. At least it looks like the 2018 ZR-1 front end will be bolder than the front end of the CF mid-engine rendering from what I can tell from the latest spy photos, although they are similar. The CF rendering had a couple lines that were a bit too dainty. That was the first thing I changed on it. Couldn't tell from earlier spy photos exactly what it looked like. If it ever did look like the CF rendering, I'm glad they changed it. If I had anything to do with it, I'm glad I got on here in time. Before anybody responds and says it was designed years ago, they could have retooled it in a day.

-

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 05-19-2017 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:18 AM
Motohead279
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Wow.... just skimmed through this thread. I want my 10 minutes back. 5 pages of how great my photoshop is...
Old 05-02-2017, 03:19 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

That's too bad that is what you got out of it. A couple people misinterpreted my comments or didn't read them in the first place and just jumped into the conversation and decided they were going to argue for no apparent reason that my design was the same as the original rendering. I was trying to explain how it was different. That it was a completely different car. My way of explaining was that my design actually looked good. I think the door and the side scoop makes sense for the mid-engine Corvette. I had to argue the same points over and over again. It got repetitive. Have you tried to explain something to a petrified tree stump? I should have ignored them. I edited some of it out. There's still a lot of unnecessary stuff still in there. I might clean it up. Ha! sorry it was a bad read for you. If you ever think you hear a tree stump talking to you, don't even try to explain something to it. They will never understand. It wasn't words you were hearing coming from the tree stump. It was just an acorn or pine cone falling from the tree or the wind rustling some leaves that made it sound like words. I spent 5 pages trying to explain. I still don't think they get it. Maybe they will all apologize when they finally get it. They probably dug themselves in too deep for their egos to allow them to apologize though. If it's even more than one person. It's probably just one person being a jerk with a few fake accounts anyway.

Please don't comment unless you have read everything. Just look at the pictures. Most comments aren't even responding to what I wrote or said or meant. People are just arguing needlessly.

I hope I am able to someday bring all my designs to life and share them with the world. These sketches that I put on here are meant for todays market. The ones that I would really like to produce, I will never put them online before it is an actual car. I will shock the world when they do become reality. You ain't seen nothing yet, baby.

Alright, I can't spend so much time on this. I have to work so I can pay some bills.

I'm your friend. Everyone of you. The ones that argued, everyone. I want to work with you. Don't work against me. Many great future Corvettes to come.
-

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 05-23-2017 at 01:05 PM.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:41 PM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by Motohead279
Wow.... just skimmed through this thread. I want my 10 minutes back. 5 pages of how great my photoshop is...
Wow I just made the same mistake. 5 pages of discussion about the most basic photo shop renderings and discussion of how great they are.

Just when I think I have every seen a little bit of everything on the forum along comes a tread like this one.

Some guys are really full of them their selfs. This tread is good for a laugh. The OP is convinced that GM has spys and folks looking at a forum to come up with design ideas LOL!!

OP just have fun with your photo shop and by all means post them on the forum for the fun of it.

But please don't think for one minute that GM and or Ferrari or any other car company is going to look at what you call designs and try to steal them.

Also No one who has posted to this tread is a GM design employee or Ferrari and certainly no one of the posters are working for car magazines.

The mid engine Corvette / Cadillac which ever it maybe is well past the initial design stage.

If you where in the car business you would under stand that even small changes to design effect engineering choices.

The design is determined by what the engineers can make a functional road going vehicle out of. That way you see many concept that change drastically when put into production.

What you say are designs are just the outer sheet metal / composit panel. The real engineering is under that skin. The unibody stucture and the design platform.

A good example of that would be the 6th Gen Camero is the same platform as an ATS Cadillac yet they look nothing alike. The engineers then have to figure out how to make the outer skin that you see fit and function for both the Camero and the Cadillac.

I wonder do you own a Corvette ? Have you driven one? Many of the design decision had to be made so that the car is functional in everyday use.

GM engineers are faced with some tough decisions.
Either they keep the front mid engine design and sell it along side of the rear mid engine car or ten have to figure out how to give Corvette loyalist a place for some luggage which is difficult in a rear mid design.

I have had many Corvette on number 10 right now a 2016 Z06/Z07 Callaway SC757. I think you would be shocked at what engineering was required by Callaway to go from a 1.7 liter supercharger to the 2.3 liter supercharger. Tha change only resulted in Callaway redesigning and reengineering the intake the cooling ssystem the intake manifold the supercharger cooling bricks the water pump and the hood. All this just for a larger supercharger.

Design does limit some of the engineering and the other way around. I also own a Lamborghini Gallardo and the interior room in the footwells is too small for a passenger to have any comfort. Lamborghini designed the wheel base so short in front that the footwell area is dominated by the wheel well. Leaving very little room for the driver or passenger feet. The short front end left no room for storge. My Frunk barely hold a couple of soft bags. Impossible to fit even a small suitcase.

Again GM has Vette loyalist who are used to packing two or 3 full suitcases and going on a road trip. How do they do that with the rear mid design??

Lamborghini has not figured it our I can tell you that.

So GM may have no Choicebut to have 2 Vetts to choose from. A front mid engine GT with room for bags and golf club and a all out performance minded mid engine where storage space is minimal.

Maybe they try to find a design that allows for rear mid engine design and some type of space for luggage. To me I think that would be the worst choice by trying to compromise.

But see these are the challenges that true professional design guys have to factory into a road going vehicle.

I am sure they can design a mind blowing looking vehicle that cannot be made fuctional from a practicality stand point or engineering stand point.

So while your smuges and shadow changes you made to the original phot look great to you that does not mean it could be built and engineered to be functional.

Leave the design to the professionals at GM they know what they doing and I am positive the final design will be a Hugh success with world class design and be functional that it will not completey turn off the Corvette faithful.

I have owned every generation except C1 and I can say each generation is a better car than the one before.

So just have fun with you photoshop stuff. Please don't be nieve enough to think GM or any other car company would look at what you posted and them decided to steal your vision.

They employee true professional design teams with years of design and engineering background.

Do you really believe that they would look at you dark and overly shaded photo shop and think for one minute that it was a well thought out or world beating concept?? That they would scrap year of design and engineering because of a rending that by your own time line took a matter of hours not weeks or month or year to do?

Anyway just have fun and try not to insult your fellow forum members. BTW the post by firstvetted soon stating he was a GM employee was sarcasm not to be taking literally!!!

Non of these guys work for GM in design or work for any car magazine. There just guys like you and I who love Corvette and look forward to what the mid engine will be.

After all we all just here for fun and entertainment.

And on a good day maybe we get some advice or information that make us a better for it.

I am a Corvette fan and can't wait to see what a beautiful car GM produces for us Corvette faithful.

The forum is a great tool to talk with those who share the same passion for America's Original and only true two seat sports car. Designed and built right here in the greatest country in the world!!!
Old 08-11-2017, 07:53 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

................................ I'm not here for just entertainment. I'm trying to make future Corvettes better than what they would have been otherwise. I believe I've already done that and I think the designers working on it appreciate it. They would ask me to stop if they wanted me too. I have encountered some resistance though. There are some real jerks on here. Or possibly fake accounts pretending to be jerks. I already explained myself, after that, I've learned to ignore it. I entertain some too while I'm at it..........The last picture on this page is just a joke, with the six cylinder. Although the A-pillar, roof line, and side scoop would be good on some cars, just not a Corvette currently. It's similar to a Lamborghini Huracan, except a little more futuristic.
Attached Images  

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 08-12-2017 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:56 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

---
Attached Images  
Old 08-11-2017, 08:00 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

:::
Attached Images  
Old 08-11-2017, 08:06 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

___
Attached Images  
Old 08-11-2017, 08:09 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

///
Attached Images  

Get notified of new replies

To C8 concept-What do you think?

Old 08-11-2017, 10:55 PM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

Originally Posted by KrisColoradoLV
................................ I'm not here for just entertainment. I'm trying to make future Corvettes better than what they would have been otherwise. I believe I've already done that and I think the designers working on it appreciate it. They would ask me to stop if they wanted me too. I have encountered some resistance though. There are some real jerks on here. Or possibly fake accounts pretending to be jerks. I already explained myself, after that, I've learned to ignore it. I entertain some too while I'm at it..........
Kris
OK your right I am sure GM design team has look at your rendering here and the one's below and decided to scrape years of the design teams work and the accompanying engineering over the past few years of development to copy your fantastic design.

I don't know what I was thinking questioning such outstanding work that you done.

Who knows maybe GM will name a model Zora D. & Kris Colorado!!

It's good to chat with such humble talent such as yourself!!

I gonna take your advice and stop posting and go enjoy a nice drive in my restrained designed C7.

Have a great weekend!!
The following users liked this post:
tbrenny33 (08-12-2017)
Old 08-11-2017, 11:31 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

I wouldn't ordinarily be doing this, but I've been disappointed for the last four generations. Each time a new Vette comes out. I don't want to be disappointed again.

Last edited by KrisColoradoLV; 08-12-2017 at 05:22 PM.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:47 PM
KrisColoradoLV
Racer

Quick Reply: C8 concept-What do you think?