Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw the C8 uncovered... wow

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 09:39 AM
Zerv02
Racer

Received 308 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by zhopper05
This is the most fun we've had in a while. I can't believe ya'll are all falling for this nonsense. Even he had been for real, he lost credibility with his immature comment about his "buddy" changing his mind about the Lamborghini. I call BS.

To the OP. I tell you what. Forget the interior description. Just post a picture of the logo off the steering wheel, or PM it to one of us of the moderator. A picture of only the emblem would not get you or your imaginary insider friend in any trouble. Better yet, since you took your time sketching the interior layout. Just sketch the logo.
Look, I will say it over and over, I have no reason to lie. I don’t understand why someone would think that another person would waste so much time, and go as far as making a paper sketch just to goof around..... I can understand your initial skepticism, but at this point... you really still think I’m being dishonest? Regarding the logo, I contemplated it but held off. What’s out on the Internet is out, my interior sketch is already on other online forums, so, I’m done. I even considered FaceTiming a moderator, even better an Admin, providing that NOTHING will be disclosed, just to verify my credibility, but also held off on this, as I realized... who cares?You. Will. See. The. Car. When. It’s. Out.
What I’ve posted on this forum was just to give you guys a sneak peek of what’s to come, I was excited, and hoped you would be too. You can choose to believe me or choose not too, whatever, I’m not holding a gun to your head.
The following 7 users liked this post by Zerv02:
ArmchairArchitect (08-15-2018), fatsport (08-15-2018), firstvettesoon (08-15-2018), NewYuriCity (08-15-2018), Rapid Fred (08-15-2018), REZ1 (08-15-2018), Shaka (08-15-2018) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-15-2018, 09:41 AM
Ted P
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 129 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerv02

No, he was quoting me from the first thread I had deleted, I made a comment about a rendering that was posted, and broke my rule of no comments regarding exterior, henc why I had the other thread deleted. Giving away any details about the exterior can lead to repercussions as this is a very easy way to track down the source, there is not a single “finished” mule out apparently.

the thread is not deleted and you're comment that the rendering is way off from 8-13 is still there (it's the Facebook thread)
Old 08-15-2018, 09:46 AM
Zerv02
Racer

Originally Posted by Ted P
the thread is not deleted and you're comment that the rendering is way off from 8-13 is still there (it's the Facebook thread)
I didnt even know there was a facebook thread, im assuming they carry over from this site to facebook?

I requested that the first thread be deleted, as highlighted in the first few pages of this thread.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:52 AM
zhopper05
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 99 Likes on 74 Posts
2015 C7 of Year Finalist

Look, I will say it over and over, I have no reason to lie. I don’t understand why someone would think that another person would waste so much time, and go as far as making a paper sketch just to goof around..... I can understand your initial skepticism, but at this point... you really still think I’m being dishonest? Regarding the logo, I contemplated it but held off. What’s out on the Internet is out, my interior sketch is already on other online forums, so, I’m done. I even considered FaceTiming a moderator, even better an Admin, providing that NOTHING will be disclosed, just to verify my credibility, but also held off on this, as I realized... who cares?You. Will. See. The. Car. When. It’s. Out.
What I’ve posted on this forum was just to give you guys a sneak peek of what’s to come, I was excited, and hoped you would be too. You can choose to believe me or choose not too, whatever, I’m not holding a gun to your head.
You PM me the logo, and I will take the hit. I will say I took it.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:58 AM
NY09C6
Le Mans Master

Received 627 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by blipit_
Yes...a very plausible scenario.

Just listen to the C8.R recording, it sounds like a flat plane crank Ferrari. This is something special coming. I definitely see the ME being introduced
The engine order data does not support this. It lists 3 different engine options for the ME car and the leaked CADs show the basic LT motor as well as a TT 32v motor.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:58 AM
Ted P
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 129 Likes on 83 Posts

I didnt even know there was a facebook thread, im assuming they carry over from this site to facebook?

I requested that the first thread be deleted, as highlighted in the first few pages of this thread.
it is not on Facebook. it is a c8 thread that is right below this one. So you've now commented on the exterior on two threads? One deleted and this one still open???

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-facebook.html
Old 08-15-2018, 10:11 AM
Zerv02
Racer

Originally Posted by Ted P
it is not on Facebook. it is a c8 thread that is right below this one. So you've now commented on the exterior on two threads? One deleted and this one still open???

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-facebook.html
I see it now, sorry, I was a bit confused. Yes, that is correct, my first initial thread, I made a comment on the exterior and had that thread deleted, and then on the still existing thread (not created by me), I also made a comment on a rendering.... cant delete that since its not my thread. My emotions took hold of me, as bad as I want to, no more comments on the exterior, sorry man.

Last edited by Zerv02; 08-15-2018 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-15-2018, 10:12 AM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 536 Likes on 279 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

There is a LOT of angst in this forum. Your best bet is to just post what you have and let the negative comments just slide off your back. If what you post is accurate, the reward will come at the release of the ME.

The following 5 users liked this post by ByByBMW:
ArmchairArchitect (08-15-2018), CorvettoBrando (08-15-2018), Jerradl1987 (08-15-2018), Rapid Fred (08-15-2018), Ryan R (08-15-2018)
Old 08-15-2018, 10:22 AM
FinsterforstFan
Racer

Received 441 Likes on 201 Posts

Thanks for posting Zerv02. Not sure why people get so worked up over this stuff. If what you say is true or not really doesn't change reality, but it's fun to speculate. Any other info you'd be willing to give I would be interested in reading. If nothing else, it's good entertainment.
The following 2 users liked this post by FinsterforstFan:
ByByBMW (08-15-2018), YWZ08 (08-19-2018)
Old 08-15-2018, 10:46 AM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire
Zerv it should be really easy for you to draw a rudimentary sketch. Hell, FVS and others have been providing what appears to be accurate renders for months...without being exiled to Syria. If you've got pictures, coming up with a sketch or two shouldn't be a problem and harms no one.

To be fair to Zerv, I did not claim to have seen the car or work in an industry where a side comment "could" be tracked to where and when it was seen and thus figure out who I am... I have simply made rendering based on the best info at that moment and CF members insight and leaked/spy images already on the net.

I have no reason to doubt Zerv. He is not making outrageous comments as far as I can see. The biggest comment he made that made people mad and doubt was his "estimate" of the MSRP of the car...which he reiterated that he "was guessing" at the price based on what he has seen of the tech and quality...not from inside knowledge. He made an assumption because he thinks the car looks like a $169k car...which is good...as long as it costs $65k ! ; )

Thanks Zerv02 ! Looking forward to any other info you care to share.

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 08-15-2018 at 10:47 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by firstvettesoon:
black_valentine (08-15-2018), ByByBMW (08-15-2018), fasttoys (08-15-2018), Jerradl1987 (08-15-2018), SpeedyD (08-15-2018)
Old 08-15-2018, 10:53 AM
FinsterforstFan
Racer

Received 441 Likes on 201 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised to see two levels of cars. Personally, I'm hoping for a halo car in the $170k range and then they can do a more standard cost C8 as well.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:00 AM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by FinsterforstFan
I wouldn't be surprised to see two levels of cars. Personally, I'm hoping for a halo car in the $170k range and then they can do a more standard cost C8 as well.

I think that is what most are thinking. A base C8 at around $65k and then eventually a halo car with 800-1000 hp with electric front wheel power for AWD, possibly AWS and all the other bells and whistles at $150k... which will be worth it for those who want or need that level of tech and power.

The following 2 users liked this post by firstvettesoon:
ArmchairArchitect (08-15-2018), fasttoys (08-15-2018)
Old 08-15-2018, 11:30 AM
C5Driver
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 93 Posts

Hmmmm XXXX on steering wheel me thinks = ZORA
Old 08-15-2018, 12:26 PM
Jerradl1987
Instructor

Received 200 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by ByByBMW
There is a LOT of angst in this forum. Your best bet is to just post what you have and let the negative comments just slide off your back. If what you post is accurate, the reward will come at the release of the ME.
The comments on this site are harsh and very truthful. because there are 2 kinds of people in this world that tell you their opinion like it is.
1.drunk people
2.internet trolls
so yeah take the time out of your life to give an honest opinion, or sketch out a car/interior of a car that we do not know what the heck it even looks like, just to be a part of something this cool is just too much for some on this site. they would rather talk trash or be hateful because they think they know more than we do, and the damn car hasn't even been revealed yet. so yeah just my opinion!!
The following 2 users liked this post by Jerradl1987:
ByByBMW (08-15-2018), CorvettoBrando (08-15-2018)
Old 08-15-2018, 01:01 PM
stief
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

And people wonder why a person would put Ferrari badges on his vette.....
Old 08-15-2018, 01:17 PM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,316 Likes on 990 Posts

Zerv, I've read the thread, I think it's pretty clear you're information is legit. This is such a long winded reveal with this car...I think it really makes people anxious and weary of the "leaking" process. By all indications, this car is going to be a new player in the market of making real Lambo and Ferrari owners pause and consider a different path.

I think the one thing your details clearly communicate, is that those who feel this is going to turn into the Corvette base model that replaces the Stingray, are out of their minds. While it's been documented that "building" the ME doesn't add significant costs (something the ME converters repeat), I believe that is a number that refers specifically to assembly cost variations, not true COSTS. The type of interior you're describing is not budget oriented, and is likely that significant production costs have increased, making the base price of this car, far beyond that of a base stingray.

If we see these cars in the 90's, I think they'll sell themselves and GM won't pump them out fast enough. I think the 169k number that is mentioned is likely legit, but is not representative of the base, but of the upper tier configuration. So, in relative terms I think that lines up. If the upper tier C7 front engine car (ZR1) is pricing at 130-140, then the upper tier Zora is 169k, then you're seeing a delta of 30-40k between platforms. So, I think that coincides with my prediction much time ago that this car will base in the upper 80's (relative to base stingray pricing with same delta) and then price up to 170k for the beast model.

Last edited by KnightDriveTV; 08-15-2018 at 01:20 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by KnightDriveTV:
black_valentine (08-15-2018), ByByBMW (08-15-2018), firstvettesoon (08-15-2018)
Old 08-15-2018, 01:36 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

As for the interior description and making the car automatically more expensive, I would point to the fact that the C7 already has a very nice interior. Maybe not as exotic as some of the other European supercars, but certainly high end and enjoyable.

Some of the descriptions of the interior appointments and furniture including electronics costing much more than other cars may be misleading. There are many budget cars that have incredible electronics and fancy looking gadgets. Touch displays are not The unicorn they used to be. And are now most likely much cheaper than analog.

I do agree that there will be a performance version that will be upwards of 150,000 or more and deservedly so. And I also agree that a base model with very fine appointments similar to the current C7 grand sport, will be in the $70-$80,000 range which is also reasonable
The following 3 users liked this post by firstvettesoon:
fasttoys (08-15-2018), RedDropTop (08-15-2018), TRT SR (08-15-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Saw the C8 uncovered... wow

Old 08-15-2018, 02:03 PM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

I see it now, sorry, I was a bit confused. Yes, that is correct, my first initial thread, I made a comment on the exterior and had that thread deleted, and then on the still existing thread (not created by me), I also made a comment on a rendering.... cant delete that since its not my thread. My emotions took hold of me, as bad as I want to, no more comments on the exterior, sorry man.
Zerv02 without asking you to go into anymore detail about the interior I would like to ask if you felt that the materials used in the Mid engine Corvette are of a higher premium grade than what we find on the C7.

I am of the mind set that I hope the C7 lives on as entry level Corvette priced at what seems to be a comfort level for many on this forum of 65 to 70k

It's my hope that the mid engine hopefully named the Zora will have much better material quality on the interior and start similarly price like the 911 in the low 90k range up to 175k for the mid engine version of the ZR1.

I hate that a my 130k Z06 z07 Callaway SC 757 has the exact same 3lt interior as a base Stingray that cost 70k. Plus the leather quality on the comp.seats in the C7 is poor.

I would like your thought on the quality of the interior material in comparison to the C7. I am really hoping GM stepped up and finally give us the option to purchase a Corvette with interior equal to German counter parts.

I do not expect level of materials like I have in my 458 but an Audi or Porsche level of materials and switch gear would be nice to see and help justify a 90k entry level price.

Last edited by vetteman41960; 08-15-2018 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:06 PM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon
As for the interior description and making the car automatically more expensive, I would point to the fact that the C7 already has a very nice interior. Maybe not as exotic as some of the other European supercars, but certainly high end and enjoyable.

Some of the descriptions of the interior appointments and furniture including electronics costing much more than other cars may be misleading. There are many budget cars that have incredible electronics and fancy looking gadgets. Touch displays are not The unicorn they used to be. And are now most likely much cheaper than analog.

I do agree that there will be a performance version that will be upwards of 150,000 or more and deservedly so. And I also agree that a base model with very fine appointments similar to the current C7 grand sport, will be in the $70-$80,000 range which is also reasonable
Like I said earlier, it really depends on what you make it out of and how tight your tolerances are. Even on the C7, there's a pretty big cost difference between a base, black 1LT interior and a loaded 3LT with carbon, leather covered everything, alcantara, memory functions, heated & cooled competition seats and color variations.

As good as the C7 interior is, Audi was doing stuff at least as nice 10 years ago. I'm so happy the interior is no longer the weak link on the Corvette, but they've still got to take it up another notch or two if they want to be on par with the Europeans. That won't be cheap.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:18 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,165 Likes on 5,989 Posts

My 2LT C7 interior is the nicest Corvette interior I've ever had. My only complaint is that it's a little fragile. Catch a nail on the windshield header trim or a-pillar and it can mess it up (that fabric), the aluminum bits can bend if you're not careful, I'm on my 3rd alcantara steering wheel from GM warranty because the material comes loose. On my 3rd center console lid too. My C5s, while cheaper, were more durable to abuse... the C7 knocks it out of the part with the new seats. Even the standard touring seats are so much more sturdy than prior generations.

I'm 37, but would prefer a less loaded option... give me manual seats and less gadgets (the C7 seat is extremely heavy vs. the old C5 Z06 seats). I don't need my car to do my taxes and post on Facebook while I drive... I want something with the KISS principle implemented.

Just my $0.02

Last edited by RapidC84B; 08-15-2018 at 02:19 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by RapidC84B:
fasttoys (08-15-2018), Suns_PSD (08-16-2018)

Quick Reply: Saw the C8 uncovered... wow