Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Video Documentary - Making of the C8?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 01:21 PM
Mhart27
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Video Documentary - Making of the C8?

I watched a documentary of the BMW M8 GTE racecar last night on Amazon Prime. Was pretty good (but you need the subtitles since most of if is in German). Does anyone know if a similar program is in the works for the C8?

Would be great to see the whole process.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:39 PM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by Mhart27
I watched a documentary of the BMW M8 GTE racecar last night on Amazon Prime. Was pretty good (but you need the subtitles since most of if is in German). Does anyone know if a similar program is in the works for the C8?

Would be great to see the whole process.

no doubt we will see a bunch of material...
Old 09-11-2018, 02:31 PM
keagan
Melting Slicks

Received 880 Likes on 450 Posts

Don’t be silly. There is no C8...
Old 09-12-2018, 11:09 AM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Going from FE to ME on the Vette is such a milestone!!! It would be complete shame to find out GM didn't let somebody document this, in the very least, as "All Corvettes are Red."
I really hope there is a video documentary, but the story even in print should be a great read.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:38 PM
mitchydkid
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 85 Posts

Default unfortunately...

Originally Posted by WhiteDiamond
Going from FE to ME on the Vette is such a milestone!!! It would be complete shame to find out GM didn't let somebody document this, in the very least, as "All Corvettes are Red."
I really hope there is a video documentary, but the story even in print should be a great read.
I read somewhere that GM brass was blindsided by "All Corvettes are Red". They had no idea Schefter had such unfettered access to GM. There were strong feelings the book painted GM in a bad light (the truth) and steps were taken to make sure such a book would never again happen. As evidence of the efforts GM took, the only books that came out about C6 where only focused on the car and sounded like glorified sales brochures. Sad as it is, there is no way a truthful, all holds barred book about the development of the ME Vette will ever happen unless it is by former GM employees spilling their guts and their individual experiences and points of view to a writer. Sad for us.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:15 PM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,316 Likes on 990 Posts

Bunch of guys from the local Elks club said mid engine cars are Cadillacs and the C8 is gonna be split window front engine.

While it would be nice to see GM do such a feature, I just feel like GM is a "dry" company internally. Ford Performance has this big passion to do great things, document it, race, etc. BMW, Porsche...same...GM...Corvette is just another car...a Silverado...I wish they were a more passionate company but, my feeling is no. I know there are some internal that feel that way, but as a company, as a whole...not from what I've observed over a long time.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:29 PM
C7pimp
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T.
Bunch of guys from the local Elks club said mid engine cars are Cadillacs and the C8 is gonna be split window front engine.

While it would be nice to see GM do such a feature, I just feel like GM is a "dry" company internally. Ford Performance has this big passion to do great things, document it, race, etc. BMW, Porsche...same...GM...Corvette is just another car...a Silverado...I wish they were a more passionate company but, my feeling is no. I know there are some internal that feel that way, but as a company, as a whole...not from what I've observed over a long time.
And were those guys at the club all heavily intoxicated?
Old 09-12-2018, 06:34 PM
Speednet
Melting Slicks

Received 755 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by keagan
Don’t be silly. There is no C8...
Yeah it's a Cadillac.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:42 PM
68roadster
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 167 Likes on 104 Posts

Remember that Discovery Channel show on the C6 development "Rebuilding an Icon". That was pretty cool. Loved the test driving stuff.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:11 PM
elegant
Safety Car

Received 2,680 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Let us not forget the inside scope that GM gave Larry Edsall for his book “The Seventh Generation of America’s Sports Car: Corvette Stingray.” It was published in 2013, and with the lag time for a book, he clearly had inside involvement during the C7’s development.

This is good book, and the tons of pictures and info inside of it clearly show that GM provided him a hell of a lot of access during the process that the C7 was created.

Last edited by elegant; 09-12-2018 at 08:13 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:43 PM
Plexoer
Pro

Received 374 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T.

I wish Ford had more passion to release a GT500 in a timely manner. No excuse how long it's taken them to release it.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:19 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

Originally Posted by Speednet
Yeah it's a Cadillac.
C'mon man!
Everyone knows they're bringing back Pontiac and the ME is Fiero II
Old 09-13-2018, 11:19 PM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by elegant
Let us not forget the inside scope that GM gave Larry Edsall for his book “The Seventh Generation of America’s Sports Car: Corvette Stingray.” It was published in 2013, and with the lag time for a book, he clearly had inside involvement during the C7’s development.

This is good book, and the tons of pictures and info inside of it clearly show that GM provided him a hell of a lot of access during the process that the C7 was created.
This is what I hope!! I heard that some GM brass was a bit upset about the "All Corvette's are Red" situation, but the C7 was clearly documented in a somewhat similar manner.
It would be a terrible shame if GM doesn't have somebody already in deep with the development team, ready to write.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:35 PM
Jeff V.
Le Mans Master

Received 4,086 Likes on 1,971 Posts

Originally Posted by elegant

I own that book, and it's nice eye candy. But lets not pretend that it's anything more than a $50 sales brochure. It's got nothing like the sometimes unflattering inside info and objective detail that "All Corvettes are Red" had. I'd love to find another book like that, even if it was about something as mundane as a Camry.

Get notified of new replies

To Video Documentary - Making of the C8?

Quick Reply: Video Documentary - Making of the C8?