Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best rendering

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 09:37 PM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

Received 334 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by Darion
An oldie but a goodie, and we can make all this happen again!
LMAO Nice job
Old 09-17-2018, 09:48 PM
Quinten33
Burning Brakes

Received 536 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by Yarbie
Cant wait to see these things all layered up with stuff looking like a cheesy import tuner car.
Ya know somebody will be cooking up some scissor door hinges for it as soon as it comes out, and ACS will have so big wings for it ready to rock by the year 2020. I sometimes like the cheesy imports. This Kid Alex Choi earned his living and has one of the highest mileage, yet highest profile Lamborghini Huracans in the world. His friends, one being Daily Driven Exotics on youtube, also have crazy big wing, wrapped, rear-bumperless, bagged Huracans. I wouldn't be surprised to see StreetSpeed717 straight-pipe and wrap his mid-engine Corvette by next November. Honestly, it would be good publicity for the Corvette. All of these guys have influenced people to buy Huracans, and they show just how reliable and capable the cars are. The C8 will surely be attractive to lots of social media, music, and tv stars who want more expensive-looking cars, and that's free advertisement for GM.

This one is, quite literally, a daily driven car. Whenever he isn't driving that car, it's either being worked on or being shipped somewhere so he can drive it some more.

The following users liked this post:
rsvette12 (09-17-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 09:59 PM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

You have to admit even with all that crap on it Lambo still looks awesome
Shaka (09-18-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 04:57 PM
JMLS
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 36 Posts

if the road car proto looked anything like the racecar proto, my excitement would be endless. That rear air inlet on the racecar is pure sex. And those mirrors are epic.

I dont know what the heck this is. Looks like cheap plastic glued on to the door

rsvette12 (09-19-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 09:00 PM
Bennerman 1
8th Gear

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Exactly!! The race car is mean, as it should be. But that should be the streetcar! What they have now as the street car does nothing for me
The following 3 users liked this post by Bennerman 1:
IronV (09-20-2018), rsvette12 (09-19-2018), Spasetrucker (09-19-2018)
Old 09-20-2018, 03:33 PM
BAAD LS2
Pro

Received 166 Likes on 100 Posts
2018 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2017 C6 of Year

Agreed, C8R is sex, streetcar is ****.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:28 PM
ACCHRM
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 45 Posts

What I truly don't like on all the test cars is that what looks like the base model, has a SEPARATE piece for the front lower lip. Look at the Huracan for example, the base non-Performante model does not have any of those after-thought pieces on there. I sure hope they are reworking the front bumper and would have it molded together to a point that it does not look like a spliter you got off amazon and slapped it on in your garage. This is not the C7 anymore, GM please do it right this time!
rsvette12 (09-20-2018)
Old 09-20-2018, 08:51 PM
Z0Sick6
Le Mans Master

Location: North/Central NJ - a.k.a. Gotti in the CFNE section
Received 1,562 Likes on 531 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Originally Posted by ACCHRM
What I truly don't like on all the test cars is that what looks like the base model, has a SEPARATE piece for the front lower lip. Look at the Huracan for example, the base non-Performante model does not have any of those after-thought pieces on there. I sure hope they are reworking the front bumper and would have it molded together to a point that it does not look like a spliter you got off amazon and slapped it on in your garage. This is not the C7 anymore, GM please do it right this time!
So you're going to compare a Huracan to a base corvette? For the price difference, it can have a SEPARATE piece for the front lower lip
Old 09-20-2018, 08:56 PM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ACCHRM
Couldn't agree more - sitting here and I was thinking the same thing - just to basic looking same old same old look - pretty boring - looks to C7ish - think out side the box please and not just the front sides and rear also need to be addressed in styling - looks to plane Jane to me - they can do better I would assume - heck just look on youtube tons of smoking hot designs thrown together by photoshop artists that is visually much more pleasing
ACCHRM (09-20-2018)
Old 09-20-2018, 09:05 PM
rsvette12
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Z0Sick6
So you're going to compare a Huracan to a base corvette? For the price difference, it can have a SEPARATE piece for the front lower lip
Has nothing to do with money if it did charge a little more - its about presentation and styling that doesnt cost more money a bumper is a bumper - not a plain bumper with a grille in it - thats getting old

Quick Reply: Best rendering