70 days and counting - Page 3 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

70 days and counting

Old Yesterday, 03:52 AM
ElisTwoCents
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '05-'06, '16, '17-'18

Originally Posted by tcinla View Post
The sooner the reveal, the sooner Zer02, posing as an insider, retreats back to the dark corners of his bridge habitat.
There ya go, fixed it!
Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM
Foosh
CF Senior Member

Thanked 5,739 Times in 3,357 Posts

Originally Posted by TnRZ06 View Post
Thats interesting. Makes me think they don't have a mid engine veto available to show? Which also makes me think it won't be released in 2020 then, but its all speculation.At least till the Detroit auto show then either we will see it or have to wait up to possibly another year lol. I can't imagine what these threads are going to be like if its not released by the Detroit show lol. Also the plant tours closed until whatever the announcement date is. Would totally suck to buy a new C7 and not have museum delivery with plant tour part not available.
Yes, they do have a nearly finished version, which they have been showing to folks well connected to GM with important business relationships. I know one of those people, and he was also told it would be NYC.

NYC has become more important both domestically and internationally than DTW and more broadly covered by the press. Moreover, there may have been some slippage in final approval for production decision, and they don't want to get too far in front of that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Foosh For This Useful Post:
Tool Hoarder (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 02:07 PM
dreamr616
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Foosh View Post
Yes, they do have a nearly finished version, which they have been showing to folks well connected to GM with important business relationships. I know one of those people, and he was also told it would be NYC.

NYC has become more important both domestically and internationally than DTW and more broadly covered by the press. Moreover, there may have been some slippage in final approval for production decision, and they don't want to get too far in front of that.
I wonder what's the chance GM might instead show the ME at the Geneva Auto Show which is March 7-17 of 2019. The Geneva Show is typically where all the high end manufacturers (i.e. Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, MB, BMW, AM, etc) show off their latest and greatest super cars. It has a very international flare that might be appealing for capturing interested from the European market and other world segments. DTW and NYC would be the obvious choice to launch it domestically but it just gets me thinking maybe Geneva would also be a great place to show it against its intended competition.
Old Yesterday, 02:15 PM
Foosh
CF Senior Member

Thanked 5,739 Times in 3,357 Posts

I think NYC covers both domestic and international bases, as it has also developed an international following. As much as GM wants to increase it's international presence it also can't betray it's strong US following.
Old Yesterday, 05:09 PM
Tool Hoarder
CF Senior Member

Detroit or NYC... just keep it domestic.
Old Yesterday, 05:30 PM
jcsperson
CF Senior Member

NC Events Coordinator

There are no mysteries. Thanks to CF, I now know exactly when the C8 is being introduced, how much it'll cost, what drivetrain it's going to have, and what it looks like.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: