Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spoiler....I'm scared

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 08:34 AM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

I don't think I have seen these photos before. Those taillights look interesting. I am even more intrigued. The spoiler looks better, but almost look ricer-like. It stands out like an afterthought. But I also think the wing on the ZR1 looks terrible - looks tacked on.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:40 AM
Tyler_RN_EMT
Pro

Received 175 Likes on 90 Posts

I tend to agree this is at least an intended production version of the spoiler at least at one point in the development process.....Way to sculpted and integrated to simply be a decoy or camo "padding". I definitely don't care for it from an aesthetic standpoint in these specific pictures, but will reserve final judgment until I see it "uncamoed" and in color on the car.

-Tyler

Last edited by Tyler_RN_EMT; 03-26-2019 at 09:40 AM.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:43 AM
Tyler_RN_EMT
Pro

Received 175 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by ~Stingray
I don't think I have seen these photos before. Those taillights look interesting. I am even more intrigued. The spoiler looks better, but almost look ricer-like. It stands out like an afterthought. But I also think the wing on the ZR1 looks terrible - looks tacked on.
Not production taillights obviously. These are just place holders to get the car out on the ring. I believe they have some regulations about cars being tested their requiring certain safety features. Either the taillight fixtures hadn't been finalized, or they were afraid the wrap would reveal too much about them.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:46 AM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Received 691 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by IronV
This spoiler, that spoiler, ANY spoiler--is the last thing we should be worrying about this vast expanse of sheer bulk...

Don’t think I could argue w that
Old 03-26-2019, 11:37 AM
C7pimp
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by IronV
This spoiler, that spoiler, ANY spoiler--is the last thing we should be worrying about this vast expanse of sheer bulk...

Funny how perspective is everything.

We know that the extent of the rear deck on the C8 is actually LOWER than the C7, and at least was wide if not wider.

Corvette has had a fat, flat and bulky butt for a long time now. The C8 is actually an improvement in that are over the past 3 generations.

Admittedly, that lower picture makes it look like it has a tall fat butt like the Camaro, but we know from multiple angles and more recent pictures that it's not even close to that. the car is low and wide with good proportions in its profile (length, height, width).

This pic taken yesterday is a perfect indicator of the car's size and stance. Looks great.

Last edited by C7pimp; 03-26-2019 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-27-2019, 07:08 PM
dexterkatt
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

I have to admit, I am worried the spoiler for the C8. Every picture I see makes it look like its going to be hideous. It also looks like it is going to be fixed and not auto adjusting like on other ME cars.
I thought many members were afraid that it going to be too expensive.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:30 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,948 Likes on 2,177 Posts

Im hopeful the rear spoiler on test vehicles is a decoy as well. Ive never been a big fan of rear wings in general.

if there is a spoiler delete option thats one Id check off especially if it comes as we have seen in spy photos...

usually test vehicles have so much camouflage try not to get too concerned as others mentioned here ...

maybe painted bidy color it will blemd better? Some sketches shown on the forums shows the body colored rear spoiler as a much more integrated look...

we will have to wait and see at the official release.
Old 03-29-2019, 11:28 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,002 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Who cried? All I see in this thread is a few people giving an opinion about what they have seen in real life nor did anyone say "I am not buying it now!".
Looks a whole lot better than any of the C7 iterations. Be scared of not being able to afford one.
Old 03-29-2019, 11:33 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,002 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by dexterkatt
I thought many members were afraid that it going to be too expensive.
That's exactly it. Other than the totally valid reason of not wanting an automatic transmission only C8, some fruitcakes will say anything other than fess up to not having the jack to pay for one.
Old 03-29-2019, 01:35 PM
JDSKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1,199 Likes on 592 Posts

This one is funny. Never been afraid of a spoiler before. I have had a car or two scare me when driving near the limits of adhesion. I can also admit I was pretty nervous the first time getting behind the wheel of someone else's half million dollar ride. That can make your butt pucker specifically when they are in the passenger seat telling you to keep giving it the beans. The C8 has no chance on this forum. It has been declared crap even before it has become complete reality....
Old 03-30-2019, 04:46 AM
nexxis
Instructor

Received 84 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by WaxWeekly
It makes me a bit sad for the GM engineers and designers who know that every decision they make is going to disappoint someone. Maybe even someone who wanted to love everything about the car..
Haha exactly. Some people tease the 911 design never changing, but it’s the only way their fan base doesn’t freak out.
What I love about the Corvette, is each generation has something beautiful and unique about them. Whether it’s the C2 reminiscent of a Jaguar e-type, or the C6 reminiscent of a Ferrari 360. Each generation has great uniqueness, even to this day.
Old 03-30-2019, 01:42 PM
KnightDriveTV
Supporting Vendor

Received 2,316 Likes on 990 Posts

I think the car needs to be seen in one color, in reality, on a proper set of wheels, at a proper stance...then we'll see what we'll see. It's gonna be a hell of a machine, that's all I know. If I straighten my f*cked life up right now, then I'll be sure to buy one for my gf to replace her C6, so I can drive it. She ain't gonna be happy with losing her 6spd though...she prides herself in talkin smack on auto guys...lol.
Old 03-30-2019, 08:59 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T.
I think the car needs to be seen in one color, in reality, on a proper set of wheels, at a proper stance...then we'll see what we'll see. It's gonna be a hell of a machine, that's all I know. If I straighten my f*cked life up right now, then I'll be sure to buy one for my gf to replace her C6, so I can drive it. She ain't gonna be happy with losing her 6spd though...she prides herself in talkin smack on auto guys...lol.
Take a little advice from an old man: get married.
Wives are a LOT easier to please in the car dept. than girlfriends.
All mine ever wants is a Grand Cherokee.

Quick Reply: Spoiler....I'm scared