Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM killed the Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 05:23 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,625 Likes on 6,629 Posts

Originally Posted by 89L98
Basically, I am an old school, "dinosaur". ...So, bring on the C8.

Now, only if they would offer a manual......
Yep, back in the day, recall driving my buddies '67 427, 435 horse coupe, when he said "get on it" as we were entering a highway! Changed lanes on that first shift and was ready for the second where it tried to do the same! My Grand Sport is my 5th Vette and although fun frequently hitting redline in 3rd, it's not as "exciting as the '67!" Wide sticky tires, nannies etc all help make it much faster- just doesn't feel that way!

At '76 ready for a new "feeling!" Heck I got used to an liked my first new car a '67 Corvair after I modified with 14 inch wheels/tires, headers etc. Leaned to keep it on the road with dirt track skills! Want to see what peak lateral "gs" I can reach with the C8 around the large fountain at the end of my street!

Must admit, would be happier with a standard shift as it willl be my first DD ever without a 3rd pedal. But if needed I'll get used to the DCT!

Last edited by JerryU; 05-07-2019 at 05:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
John T (05-07-2019)
Old 05-07-2019, 09:15 PM
Trackaholic
Pro

Received 154 Likes on 69 Posts

I read the whole article. It basically gave a ton of reasons why GM may have ruined the Vette with the C8, but in the end said it would be an amazing car and a game changer.

It was tough to get to the end because the arguments leading up to the punchline were rambling and not formulated very well.

I also agree that the C8 will be a game changer (hopefully not only because it may be the first Vette without a stick shift), but I was not a fan of this article.

-T

Quick Reply: GM killed the Corvette