Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just another C8 in Milford

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2019, 09:51 AM
jefnvk
Melting Slicks

Received 1,022 Likes on 637 Posts

Originally Posted by Zerv02
There is/was no footage of such an encounter. The engineers would be fired on the spot. Not hard to find out who was driving which mule at the time. They are not out to race people in C7’s
While I agree in principle, you would not believe the intelligence and lack of decision making skills of some of the people they let drive mules...
Old 05-09-2019, 10:03 AM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,237 Likes on 6,035 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikec7z
there was going to be a non boring thread with a half hour of a c7z vs a c8 at 100+mph, and c8's with cracked wheels, but the other forum members ruined it before it got started.

So, correct, keep yawning everyone. The good footage wont be shared now.
Email it to me... I want to see it. I saw your screen shot of the C7 showing 100+ on the PDR.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:09 AM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,949 Likes on 1,375 Posts

Is this the $169,900 C8?
Old 05-09-2019, 06:03 PM
jamesampm
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

baby got back
Old 05-09-2019, 10:03 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Received 647 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
Email it to me... I want to see it. I saw your screen shot of the C7 showing 100+ on the PDR.
problem is, we live in a world where people twist things around, and i do have sympathy for the driver.

When a full episode can be put together that explains that the c8 driver did nothing wrong, then it will be shared.

The c8 drivers are in a tough position where they have to evade if possible, people who are chasing them down.

If they pull over and park, then the person with a camera gets out and films their car up close.

if they try to evade the c7z, they are speeding.

if they dont evade the c7z, they lead it back to their hideout where the c7z can then stalk each of them as they are coming and going during their routine daily testing.

So, sympathy for the c8 drivers is one of the reasons the videos have not been shown. The second main reason is the person driving the c7z does not feel comfortable unless the video can be uploaded anonymously by me or one of my friends.

So, the post/thread I put up on the forum, was documenting the fact that I have now provided anyone/everyone a way to send us anonymous footage, without us necessarily knowing who was driving or created the video(s).

That was the main purpose of the thread i started.

unfortunately, most people lacked the iq to put 2 and 2 together the importance of the thread.

To say we are getting sick of people who are not smart, who think that they are... is putting it mildly.

Rumor is, the videos are on the way to us in the mail.

We don't have the videos yet, only screenshots and rumors of what the videos contain...

and we do not know who the driver was, the people sharing the rumors are smart enough to keep everything anonymous.

once we receive the videos in the mail without any evidence where they came from, we will go from there.

Originally Posted by Zerv02
There is/was no footage of such an encounter. The engineers would be fired on the spot. Not hard to find out who was driving which mule at the time. They are not out to race people in C7’s
and then there are know it all's like this guy, who are ignorant enough to say there are no videos, when its obvious PDR does not take still photos...

and he thinks its not in a c8 drivers job description to try to evade the pursuer when they are at a remote location, and one of the cars has a flat tire from a cracked rim back at the hotel, so they can't all just pack up and go to another hotel... and they have jobs to do and tests to run, suspension to tweak, etc...

and so getting away from the c7z stalker before they lead him back to the hotel, becomes a bit of a priority if the goal is to avoid photos of c8's with cracked rims and flat tires, and avoid being stalked as the c8's drive down windy roads pushing the limits to provide useful test data.

zerv02... and a bunch of other split personality people, go from wanting the testers to do a good job and push the cars hard to get the suspension dialed in well and test for overheating, and be cognizant of the things i've listed in this post pertaining to not leading the public back to the secret hideout where c8's have cracked rims and flat tires, but then without hesitation, he says that such behavior should equal job termination.

I don't know zerv02, and im glad i don't. Not the kind of person i would want to be friends with, because he seems to have no loyalty to people in his own field, and lacks the ability to empathize with the impossible situations they are in, before he says "they should/will be fired if they do x y and z"

keep pretending there is no video. You are not smart. There are over a half hour's worth of very potent material. let us know what day you are driving the car Zerv, and we will see how you handle it when the people in the black c7z's gang up on you and eves drop your breakfast meetings without you even knowing they are there until they already have a half hour of footage of you talking and 20 min of footage of you driving.

And for the record, the biggest reason I personally want the videos to air publicly, is so that it is documented that corvettes crack wheels in testing, and do it so often that the ONE day some folks made it their mission to track down some c8 test cars, the wheels on one of 4 cars was cracked on THAT day, so its anyone's guess how many other wheels they have cracked/bent in previous testing for the past 3 years...

And this wheel bending/cracking stuff is important to be made public knowledge, so that when asked about the junk aluminum cast wheels, Tadge and MB can't give us the BS line of:

"no corvettes crack rims in our tests, i have no idea what you guys are talking about, corvette wheels are great, in our test... (and then he brags for 5 minutes with total lies and BS that none of their engineers ever bend or crack wheels while driving the cars on the road)"

I want the videos to be public knowledge so that when Tadge says the above line, the entire corvette community simultaneously do the cough while they mumble "bulls***"

Last edited by Mikec7z; 05-10-2019 at 02:59 AM.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:42 PM
jefnvk
Melting Slicks

Received 1,022 Likes on 637 Posts

problem is, we live in a world where people twist things around, and i do have sympathy for the driver.

When a full episode can be put together that explains that the c8 driver did nothing wrong, then it will be shared.

The c8 drivers are in a tough position where they have to evade if possible, people who are chasing them down.

If they pull over and park, then the person with a camera gets out and films their car up close.

if they dont evade the c7z, they lead it back to their hideout where the c7z can then stalk each of them as they are coming and going during their routine daily testing.
Dude, I drive prototype cars regularly. Quite bluntly, all if that is BS. If I've got a reason to have a car on the road, it can be photographed on the road. I don't have any responsibility to try and "evade", and I certainly will get in FAR more trouble doing 100 in public. The only way I get in trouble us if I don't have the proper camo panels on, or I do something stupid trying to stop the photographer.

There are exactly two things I can do if im actually being harassed: call the prototype security line and report it to the OEM, and get guidance from them, or call the cops. No, we don't play cat and mouse, we don't try to hide. The camo panels are there for a reason.

Very simply put: if a C8 driver was caught doing over 100mph on public roads, trying to evade a camera or not, there is nothing you can put forward to show they did nothing wrong. They did a lot wrong.

Last edited by jefnvk; 05-09-2019 at 10:44 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by jefnvk:
Boiler_81 (05-10-2019), dreamr616 (05-10-2019), Red67John (05-10-2019), ShagVette (05-10-2019), vndkshn (05-10-2019)
Old 05-09-2019, 11:05 PM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

So, sympathy for the c8 drivers is one of the reasons the videos have not been shown. The second main reason is the person driving the c7z does not feel comfortable unless the video can be uploaded anonymously by me or one of my friends.

So, the post/thread I put up on the forum, was documenting the fact that I have now provided anyone/everyone a way to send us anonymous footage, without us necessarily knowing who was driving or created the video(s).

That was the main purpose of the thread i started.

unfortunately, most people lacked the iq to put 2 and 2 together the importance of the thread.

To say we are getting sick of people who are not smart, who think that they are... is putting it mildly.

Rumor is, the videos are on the way to us in the mail.

We don't have the videos yet, only screenshots and rumors of what the videos contain...

and we do not know who the driver was, the people sharing the rumors are smart enough to keep everything anonymous.

once we receive the videos in the mail without any evidence where they came from, we will go from there.

and then there are know it all's like this guy, who are ignorant enough to say there are no videos, when its obvious PDR does not take still photos...

and he thinks its not in a c8 drivers job description to try to evade the pursuer when they are at a remote location, and one of the cars has a flat tire from a cracked rim back at the hotel, so they can't all just pack up and go to another hotel... and they have jobs to do and tests to run, suspension to tweak, etc...

and so getting away from the c7z stalker before they lead him back to the hotel, becomes a bit of a priority if the goal is to avoid photos of c8's with cracked rims and flat tires, and avoid being stalked as the c8's drive down windy roads pushing the limits to provide useful test data.

zerv02... and a bunch of other split personality people, go from wanting the testers to do a good job and push the cars and be cognizant of the things ive listed in this post, but then without hesitation, says that such behavior should equal job termination.

I don't know zerv02, and im glad i don't. Not the kind of person i would want to be friends with, because he seems to have no loyalty to people in his own field, and lacks the ability to empathize with the impossible situations they are in, before he says "they should/will be fired if they do x y and z"

keep pretending there is no video. You are not smart. There are over a half hour's worth

And for the record, the biggest reason I personally want the videos to air publicly, so so that it is documented that covrettes crack wheels in testing, so that when asked about the junk aluminum cast wheels, Tadge and MB can't give us the BS line of

"no corvettes crack rims in our tests, i have no idea what you guys are talking about, corvette wheels are great, in our test... (and then he brags for 5 minutes)"

I want the videos to be public knowledge so that when Tadge says the above line, the entire corvette community simultaneously do the cough while they mumble "bulls***"
Mike is it possible the still shot posted from the unknown drivers C7 show him doing in excess of 100 mph is so he can catch up to the C8.

I asking it seems possible to me that the C7 driver was driving possible in the other direction from the C8 and saw the C8.

So he turns around and is going over 100 mph to catch up to the C8 that could still only be doing the speed limit.

In my opinion all the still proves if that the C7 was doing in excess of 100 mph. Not that the C8 was doing in excess of the speed limit.

To me this seem more probably.

Would you at least agree the above senerio is a possibility?

I would think any high speed texts GM need to do that exceed the speed limit would be done on one of GM private text circuits and not on a public road.

I don't think GM would tell there text driver that they want them to exceed the posted speed limit to gather data.

So I just ask don't you think that is possible explanation why the C7 is doing 100 mph plus?

I call you out on a lot of thing and I be the 1st to congratulate you if you actually post the footage you claim is out there.
The following users liked this post:
Mikec7z (05-09-2019)
Old 05-09-2019, 11:17 PM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by vetteman41960
Mike is it possible the still shot posted from the unknown drivers C7 show him doing in excess of 100 mph is so he can catch up to the C8.

I asking it seems possible to me that the C7 driver was driving possible in the other direction from the C8 and saw the C8.

So he turns around and is going over 100 mph to catch up to the C8 that could still only be doing the speed limit.

In my opinion all the still proves if that the C7 was doing in excess of 100 mph. Not that the C8 was doing in excess of the speed limit.

To me this seem more probably.

Would you at least agree the above senerio is a possibility?

I would think any high speed texts GM need to do that exceed the speed limit would be done on one of GM private text circuits and not on a public road.

I don't think GM would tell there text driver that they want them to exceed the posted speed limit to gather data.

So I just ask don't you think that is possible explanation why the C7 is doing 100 mph plus?

I call you out on a lot of thing and I be the 1st to congratulate you if you actually post the footage you claim is out there.
I appreciate and respect this post, never did i claim the c8 driver was going over 100, i said he was trying to evade at times it seems.

You are correct, the c7z could be playing catch up in this particular shot.

And for the c8 drivers sake, i will not claim that there is ever any hard evidence that proves he is breaking the speed limit, although, some may deem otherwise after seeing the videos, and that is where the discretion comes into play on what we end up showing and what we don't.

Some more screenshots for those interested:

Daylight Under the c8 over a hill

Some height comparisons

Diagnosing that a good tire is still leaking air, thus it is the rim that is cracked, front passenger wheel. This car is then grounded for the day.

This conversation between 2 of the engineers was eve's dropped at another location, and confirmed in that manner that it is the wheel that is cracked.

Rear tail light line around the side is visible

Last edited by Mikec7z; 05-09-2019 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:32 PM
vetteman41960
Burning Brakes

Received 1,051 Likes on 442 Posts

I appreciate and respect this post, never did i claim the c8 driver was going over 100, i said he was trying to evade at times it seems.

You are correct, the c7z could be playing catch up in this particular shot.

And for the c8 drivers sake, i will not claim that there is ever any hard evidence that proves he is breaking the speed limit, although, some may deem otherwise after seeing the videos, and that is where the discretion comes into play on what we end up showing and what we don't.

Some more screenshots for those interested:

Daylight Under the c8 over a hill

Some height comparisons

Mike your post seems fair. I will keep an eye out for the video that is rumored to in the mail to you.

I for one would be surprised if the C8 driver was driving in excess of post speed limit by a significant amount.

But I will concide that it's possible one of the test drivers was driving faster than speed limit in his test.

I don't think he would run from a guy or gal simple trying to photo or follow C8 back to its hotel.

Frankly if the C8 driver was driving crazy to avoid photos being taken or so they could not be followed they then deserve whatever their employer deemed appropriate for such an act on the test drivers part.

Honestly I can appreciate you not wanting to throw the C8 driver under the bus.

But that's really not your responsibility. Plus if it's out there and you get your hands on it someone else will also get their hands on it sooner or later.

Last edited by vetteman41960; 05-09-2019 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:10 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

Last edited by Mikec7z; 05-10-2019 at 12:50 AM.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:11 AM
Mikec7z
Melting Slicks

if someone has a youtube channel, and they need an episode that will attract a million views, hit me up. What is coming our way is very potent ive heard, and crystal clear
Old 05-10-2019, 02:14 AM
IronV
Burning Brakes

Received 495 Likes on 260 Posts

Everybody is missing the importance of this footage...

And that is HOW MUCH the rear of the C8 resembles the FRONT of the Lexus!!!
Old 05-10-2019, 09:45 AM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,237 Likes on 6,035 Posts

Mike... your content is good... your presentation is a little overkill. Anyway... thanks for sharing!

If I'm a C8 tester and some dude in a C7Z comes up on me I'd probably do something stupid too... we're all human and all car guys
Mikec7z (05-10-2019)
Old 05-10-2019, 10:47 AM
fatsport
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 898 Likes on 540 Posts

A video with a C8 playing with a couple C7Zs would definitely get some big views on youtube. Someone with experience selling views needs to look Mike up.
Mikec7z (05-10-2019)
Old 05-10-2019, 01:51 PM
jh61408
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by blk05coupe
*** end seems high

Yea, It's all padding, the C7 looked big too. Much like much of what you see is over exaggerated.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:02 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,461 Likes on 2,275 Posts

The basic PDR vid doesn't disclose any personal info, does it?

Quick Reply: Just another C8 in Milford