Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C8 Corvette > C8 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Here's hoping all the dash lighting dims down evenly

Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette, be it mid-engine, Zora, or whatever form it may take.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here's hoping all the dash lighting dims down evenly

Old 07-11-2019, 09:16 PM
Michael A
CF Senior Member

Received 464 Likes on 264 Posts
Default Here's hoping all the dash lighting dims down evenly

I find the only time I can really enjoy spirited driving now is on deserted back roads at night. Unfortunately, almost every car interior engineer does a terrible job of dimming down the instrument panel evenly. The center gauges may dim, but the infotainment system is blinding and/or the indicator lights don't dim at all.

The only car I have ever seen dim down properly is the latest generation of the Chevy Impala. Whoever designed the dash lighting on the Impala is a genius! Even the high beam indicator, which is certainly on while on dark back roads, dimmed down with the panel dimming control. Every light on the dash and mirror dimmed, and all displays with the brightness control.

Here's hoping the C8 dash lighting was done by the same genius person who did the Impala (or a detail oriented person like him/her).
The following users liked this post:
John T (07-11-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 09:28 PM
John T
CF Senior Member

Received 261 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael A View Post
I find the only time I can really enjoy spirited driving now is on deserted back roads at night. Unfortunately, almost every car interior engineer does a terrible job of dimming down the instrument panel evenly. The center gauges may dim, but the infotainment system is blinding and/or the indicator lights don't dim at all.

The only car I have ever seen dim down properly is the latest generation of the Chevy Impala. Whoever designed the dash lighting on the Impala is a genius! Even the high beam indicator, which is certainly on while on dark back roads, dimmed down with the panel dimming control. Every light on the dash and mirror dimmed, and all displays with the brightness control.

Here's hoping the C8 dash lighting was done by the same genius person who did the Impala (or a detail oriented person like him/her).
Great post Michael! Big pet peeve of mine and lots of vehicles have similar lighting issues. Could one turn off the gauge lighting on the C7 and just have the heads up display on? You could not do this with the C6.
The following users liked this post:
Michael A (07-12-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 12:13 AM
Michael A
CF Senior Member

Received 464 Likes on 264 Posts

Thanks, John! I'm not sure about the C7. I don't have one. I know the C5 HUD was independent of the dash lighting. So much so, it didn't dim down at all when the headlights were turned on. It had a separate brightness control.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Here's hoping all the dash lighting dims down evenly

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: