Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Doesn't look like Porsche is too concerned...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 06:20 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. ice
Red neck heaven. Mickey D's gotta be fine dining in them parts.
Old 08-04-2019, 06:24 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,839 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by Laguna Fred

No self-made person I ever met would spend countless hours on childish peeing matches like this!
Welcome to Corvette Forum in 2019. This place was so much more civilized and pleasant when I joined...now it's no better than Twitter. Damn shame!
The following users liked this post:
ByByBMW (08-04-2019)
Old 08-04-2019, 06:25 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Received 957 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by punky
Red neck heaven. Mickey D's gotta be fine dining in them parts.
For you.....Ignorance is Bliss. Google Lake of the Ozarks. If you think you have money come here. You will feel like a poor man! Not everyone can be as fortunate as you with 2 $40k cars sitting in the garage.
Old 08-04-2019, 08:45 PM
JD_AMG
Instructor

Received 117 Likes on 64 Posts

Don’t know.....but I do like drive throughs. At my second home at the moment chilling on my $650,000 cruiser at the Lake with some friends. I may head for a Big Mac when I get off the boat. Hope my grammar passes your rigor. If it doesn’t, I don’t give a ****. LOl.
Weird flex but ok. Kind pathetic you are at your "second home" yet you are letting strangers on the internet live in your head rent free.

"Hold on honey, I gotta go post some trash talk on the Corvette forum real quick to a bunch of guys I never met, Ill be out in a second!"

Last edited by JD_AMG; 08-04-2019 at 08:46 PM.
Rapid Fred (08-05-2019)
Old 08-04-2019, 09:17 PM
MikenOH
Heel & Toe

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sly1
As a many decades owner of 911s, who regularly participates in DEs, I haven't had any problem with Porsche warranties. As a matter of fact, over the years, I've had three 'Goodwill" warranties provided by Porsche that saved me thousands of dollars. In honoring warranties Porsche focuses on two things: has the car been maintained according to Porsches recommendations and has the car been modified.

As a many decade member of PCNA, I've gotten to know numerous 911 owners over the years, and no one complained about getting a warranty honored and virtually 100% of PCNA members track their cars.

A couple of things:
I changed the will deny to may deny on my reply because what happens is largely dependent on how PCNA responds and in my case if your dealer goes to bat for you. I had a coil fail at Mid-OH and could not drive the car home and called for a tow from the track. The very first words out of the PCNA rep on the phone was "we don't warranty damage while driving at the track". I advised him I was off the track and the car was undrivable but the guy would not come off the issue that the track use wasn't covered. I eventually had a friend tow it back to our house, then had it towed to the dealer and the part was replaced under warranty.. The dealer should be--and was--in my corner on this repair since they rely on repeat business on both new car sales and service.
Regarding how many Porsche owners track their car--I'm sure there are differences between regions regarding track driving by club members , but in the two regions I've been involved with in OH--each with about 400+ members, the people that track their cars are a small group of the club, maybe 10%. Where'd you get the 100% figure?
Old 08-04-2019, 09:17 PM
Tennis & Golf Nut
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 314 Posts

Sweeeeeeeeeeet.

That's a big boat. At least 36'+

Best days of my life were on my boat.

I think yours is Bigger than mine.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:04 PM
ALMS21
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Don’t know.....but I do like drive throughs. At my second home at the moment chilling on my $650,000 cruiser at the Lake with some friends. I may head for a Big Mac when I get off the boat. Hope my grammar passes your rigor. If it doesn’t, I don’t give a ****. LOl.
Enjoy the Bayliner on the lake......I'm not impressed and I highly doubt you have ANY friends given your repulsive holier than thou BS attitude that you espouse here. In the meantime, I'm at my second home in Sarasota, FL. About to hit the Gulf tomorrow. No Big Macs in my future but plenty of grouper.

Last edited by ALMS21; 08-04-2019 at 10:05 PM.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:10 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Tennis & Golf Nut
Sweeeeeeeeeeet.

That's a big boat. At least 36'+

Best days of my life were on my boat.

I think yours is Bigger than mine.
42’ Sea Ray. Not a big boat on this Lake. Several in the 55-65’ range.
Tennis & Golf Nut (08-04-2019)
Old 08-04-2019, 10:12 PM
ALMS21
Melting Slicks

For you.....Ignorance is Bliss. Google Lake of the Ozarks. If you think you have money come here. You will feel like a poor man! Not everyone can be as fortunate as you with 2 $40k cars sitting in the garage.
This is too damn funny. You are yapping about your time on the Lake of the Ozarks and "money" and this guy lives on the Gulf of Florida just north of Naples. Trust me, I've been to the Lake of the Ozarks (not bad for a shitty *** lake) but it is worlds different than boating/fishing off the Gulf of Mexico. Do you have any idea of the demographics in SW Florida?
Old 08-04-2019, 10:15 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ALMS21
Enjoy the Bayliner on the lake......I'm not impressed and I highly doubt you have ANY friends given your repulsive holier than thou BS attitude that you espouse here. In the meantime, I'm at my second home in Sarasota, FL. About to hit the Gulf tomorrow. No Big Macs in my future but plenty of grouper.
My parents have a second home in the Sarasota/Bradenton area! I like it there.....but still a little cool over the MO winter months we would be there. We are considering building another home in the Naples area. Good for you! BTW.....you have no idea what I am like in person. Punky grates me the wrong way so I let myself fall to his level for entertainment.

Last edited by Dr. ice; 08-04-2019 at 10:17 PM.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:21 PM
Tennis & Golf Nut
Race Director

42’ Sea Ray. Not a big boat on this Lake. Several in the 55-65’ range.
I went Partners on a 40" SeaRay years ago.

Worst financial decision of my life.

We were supposed to share the cost 50/50.

What he didn't tell me what that he had his bitches on the boat 90% of the time.

Even when it was supposed to be My time he was still there, with his bitches.

We had 2 gas engines and fuel was a fortune.

After 2 seasons I got out of our contract.

Worst "ship" is a "Partnership"
Old 08-04-2019, 10:26 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

This is too damn funny. You are yapping about your time on the Lake of the Ozarks and "money" and this guy lives on the Gulf of Florida just north of Naples. Trust me, I've been to the Lake of the Ozarks (not bad for a shitty *** lake) but it is worlds different than boating/fishing off the Gulf of Mexico. Do you have any idea of the demographics in SW Florida?
As a matter of fact I do! Old and older pretty well hits Florida in general. Great place to retire! My draw is the warm weather and palm trees. We have farmers in our small town worth more than most in Naples.....but most people in the city or suburbs wouldn’t have a clue!

Last edited by Dr. ice; 08-04-2019 at 10:26 PM.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:27 PM
ALMS21
Melting Slicks

My parents have a second home in the Sarasota/Bradenton area! I like it there.....but still a little cool over the MO winter months we would be there. We are considering building another home in the Naples area. Good for you! BTW.....you have no idea what I am like in person. Punky grates me the wrong way so I let myself fall to his level for entertainment.
I just turned 50 and I'm bowing out on the discussion. I have found myself sucked into the level of conversation that I do not want to be involved in. You're correct; I have no idea what you are like in person. I hope what you say is true. It would make for a much better place to interact with passionate car people. Life's too damn short to be involved in this type of vitriol. Enjoy the boat, lake, 911 and whatever else you may be driving in the future.

Last edited by ALMS21; 08-04-2019 at 10:29 PM.
Dr. ice (08-04-2019)
Old 08-04-2019, 10:30 PM
Tennis & Golf Nut
Race Director

Sounds like he's living better than 99% of the people on the Planet.

Is that a bad thing?
Old 08-04-2019, 10:35 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Tennis & Golf Nut
I went Partners on a 40" SeaRay years ago.

Worst financial decision of my life.

We were supposed to share the cost 50/50.

What he didn't tell me what that he had his bitches on the boat 90% of the time.

Even when it was supposed to be My time he was still there, with his bitches.

We had 2 gas engines and fuel was a fortune.

After 2 seasons I got out of our contract.

Worst "ship" is a "Partnership"
The boat is the most stupid thing I own......but my wife loves it! Huge depreciating asset that costs $1,500 to fill and gets .5 MPG along with a host of other boat related expenses. Damn boats make Corvettes and Porsche’s seem like bargains in comparison.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:38 PM
Dr. ice
Melting Slicks

I just turned 50 and I'm bowing out on the discussion. I have found myself sucked into the level of conversation that I do not want to be involved in. You're correct; I have no idea what you are like in person. I hope what you say is true. It would make for a much better place to interact with passionate car people. Life's too damn short to be involved in this type of vitriol. Enjoy the boat, lake, 911 and whatever else you may be driving in the future.
I just turned 60 and I should follow your advice and bow out of some of my trash talk as well. Serves no benefit to the greater CF members who are great people. Enjoy your time at the gulf and be safe!
Old 08-04-2019, 10:57 PM
Tennis & Golf Nut
Race Director

The boat is the most stupid thing I own......but my wife loves it! Huge depreciating asset that costs $1,500 to fill and gets .5 MPG along with a host of other boat related expenses. Damn boats make Corvettes and Porsche’s seem like bargains in comparison.
I remember asking my business partner how many MPG this boat got?

He said it's GPM.

I replied "what's GPM?"

Gallons Per Mile, especially at WOT

Last edited by Tennis & Golf Nut; 08-04-2019 at 10:58 PM.
Dr. ice (08-04-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Doesn't look like Porsche is too concerned...

Old 08-04-2019, 11:07 PM
BMadden
Safety Car

Received 1,839 Likes on 661 Posts

We have farmers in our small town worth more than most in Naples
That is beyond laughable, but then again bragging about how much money you have on a car discussion forum is ridiculous too so I'm just going to move on and pretend this thread doesn't even exist.
ArmchairArchitect (08-05-2019)
Old 08-04-2019, 11:17 PM
poorwhiteguy
Race Director

Received 98 Likes on 57 Posts

Ugh - boats,,, don't get me started. We stopped trading when we got to a 28' Wellcraft. Just one 7.4L merc which drinks fuel, even though it has the B-III supposed to be more 'efficient'(a word that should never be used with 'boat'). Every spring it's something. This spring it's the shift cable bellows. Drive comes off, cable has to come all the way out for the repl. Kept trying to come up with some kind of Rube solution that wouldn't sink us eventually, but no - off it came. grrrrrrrrr. Rather do a belt job on the Ferrari than work on the boat.
Dr. ice (08-04-2019)
Old 08-04-2019, 11:24 PM
wvanepps
Pro

Received 489 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Steves LS6
This is funny. I own a Camaro and have my C7 for over a year. Camaro owners have HUGE egos compared to Corvette owners. I was driving my C7 over the weekend and every other Corvette that I passed the passengers would have a huge smile and would give the “wave”. There is no Camaro wave.
True story here. I own a 2018 Carbon 65 Z06 / Z07 manual. I also owned a 2018 Camaro ZL1. At a Car's and Coffee one day I was commenting to a guy that had a ZL1 that it was a great car. He agreed and said it was great that GM actually built a Camaro that could beat a Corvette Z06. I pointed it that it could not and pulled up some official track times, 0-60 times, performance numbers, and also pointed out that I owned both and also that vast weight difference and the same horse power.

The person told me that all that information was lies and that there was a conspiracy to hide the true numbers of the Camaro ZL1. At this point I realized I was talking to a fan boy and no matter what evidence I could present it would not matter. I just smiled, walked away, and told him to have a nice day.

Quick Reply: Doesn't look like Porsche is too concerned...