Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Courtesy delivery

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2019, 11:37 PM
rramjet
Pro

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

I live in WA in the Summer and AZ in the Winter. Had my 2015, bought through an East Coast dealer, courtesy delivered from the factory to a dealer in AZ. $500. They did PDI, car was clean and fleet Mgr spent time with me in the car showing me the electronics. I felt it was worth it.

Last edited by rramjet; 11-19-2019 at 11:38 PM.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:11 PM
Topspraydr
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vette2102
Does anyone know of a dealer for a courtesy delivery around Tampa, Fl ?
Did you line up courtesy delivery with a Tampa dealer? If so which one and how much did they charge? If you have contact info that would be great thanks!
Old 03-15-2020, 12:30 PM
vette2102
Heel & Toe

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Topspraydr
Did you line up courtesy delivery with a Tampa dealer? If so which one and how much did they charge? If you have contact info that would be great thanks!
No I did not, no one wanted to courtesy delivery, so having it shipped to me, from dealer in Missouri.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:32 PM
pauliski
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

I can't help you there, but in Southern California I know that DeLillo Chevy in Huntington Beach does courtesy deliveries for MacMulkin.
Since we are on the subject does anyone from Southern California {Orange County} know of another dealer that does them. DeLillo gets
$800 dollars.....and from what I am hearing that is very high. Don't get me wrong, that is a lot cheaper than transporting the Vette from New
Hampshire. I called Connell in Costa Mesa but they did not return my call. Months ago before I had found a dealer with an allocation I called
Guarantee Chevrolet in Santa Ana and the fleet department said they have done them and he thought about $500
Old 03-15-2020, 12:36 PM
pauliski
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by JALLEN4
The quickest way for a dealer to go broke is trying to "buy" future business from folks who have already proven they are all about price.
I agree but if you had tried to buy the Corvette from that dealer and he told you "good luck getting one" we have been sold out for months
then why not do a courtesy delivery for the reasons mentioned above. Chances are that will be your servicing dealer and maybe the next sale
will go to them.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:38 PM
DannyMMM
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by pauliski
I can't help you there, but in Southern California I know that DeLillo Chevy in Huntington Beach does courtesy deliveries for MacMulkin.
Since we are on the subject does anyone from Southern California {Orange County} know of another dealer that does them. DeLillo gets
$800 dollars.....and from what I am hearing that is very high. Don't get me wrong, that is a lot cheaper than transporting the Vette from New
Hampshire. I called Connell in Costa Mesa but they did not return my call. Months ago before I had found a dealer with an allocation I called
Guarantee Chevrolet in Santa Ana and the fleet department said they have done them and he thought about $500
I was in a similar predicament but thought about this... MacMulkin has dealt with DeLillo for a long time and, from what Christina told me, is a great dealership to work with.

I rather fork over the extra $300 and have that peace of mind than to save a few extra dollars and worry about something not going right.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:54 PM
papillion
Safety Car

Received 2,459 Likes on 1,191 Posts

Default Dear GM

Give a Courtesy Delivery dealer 1/2 a car credit for each one they do. In the next quarter's run. Immediately creates an incentive for small dealers to add to their future allocation.
The following 2 users liked this post by papillion:
d96eddie2 (03-15-2020), Lamboless (03-15-2020)
Old 03-15-2020, 02:00 PM
JALLEN4
Melting Slicks

Received 2,215 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by papillion
Give a Courtesy Delivery dealer 1/2 a car credit for each one they do. In the next quarter's run. Immediately creates an incentive for small dealers to add to their future allocation.
While it sounds like a good idea, dealers will never buy it. The selling dealer in the position of needing courtesy deliveries is never going to want to give up half the sales credit after years of working their way into higher allocations. They are just simply going to refuse to sell using a courtesy delivery during the times the cars are in high demand.

On the other hand, the dealers doing the courtesy delivery most often are not that competitive about getting more allocation. Contrary to our opinion here, many dealers just are not interested in playing the Corvette game. It is an expensive process to build and maintain higher allocation numbers and requires a major investment in time and a commitment to keep buying inventory when it is not particularly selling well. There are a number of Chevrolet dealers selling 1,500-3,000 units a year with very few of those Corvettes and like it that way.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:08 PM
Topspraydr
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vette2102
No I did not, no one wanted to courtesy delivery, so having it shipped to me, from dealer in Missouri.
Who did you try?
Old 10-31-2020, 01:53 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by FN in MT
My Wife usually got an new Impala every year as her Drug Rep car. It came to a local Delaer from another Dealer in Kansas. Local Stealer generally failed to clean it up, wouldn't even wash it. Take it as is....We didn't SELL it, so we don't support it.

Unless a Dealer was very OPEN to a delivery from another Dealer I'd be careful.
I am gonna ask the potential receiving dealer what they include in a courtesy delivery including how much gas they put in it? Really do not want any last minute surprises. If I can’t get it in writing I will keep looking.

Last edited by Vet Interested; 10-31-2020 at 06:05 PM.
Old 11-01-2020, 08:29 AM
RussM05
Melting Slicks

Received 1,017 Likes on 365 Posts

I took courtesy delivery from a local dealer in Austin. I ordered it from Les Stanford in Michigan. Henna Chevrolet did a great job with PDI and I will be using them in the future for service. They charged $300 for the courtesy delivery which I understand is normal.
Old 11-01-2020, 10:52 AM
Rdy4c8
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by RussM05
I took courtesy delivery from a local dealer in Austin. I ordered it from Les Stanford in Michigan. Henna Chevrolet did a great job with PDI and I will be using them in the future for service. They charged $300 for the courtesy delivery which I understand is normal.
300$ is a bargain Florida runs 500$ and up
Old 11-01-2020, 07:48 PM
16falcon
Drifting

Received 1,178 Likes on 629 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21

I was told by MacMulkin that Henna Chevrolet in Austin is now $400 for courtesy delivery.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:26 PM
jiminfresno
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 43 Posts

I was told by Hedricks Chevrolet in Clovis California they would do a Courtesy Delivery for $2000: See their comment below:

We can do a Courtesy delivery if you choose. There is quite a bit involved with the Corvettes and lots of risk with delivery. We have told other dealers from out of state that we would do it for $2000. We would be glad to do that for you and again I understand if someone else will do it for less. We would like your business and I appreciate your question. Thanks again. If you are interested or I can help with something else please let me know

May not want to add Hedricks to your spreadsheet as that is more than twice as much as I have heard.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:30 PM
CitznFish
Drifting

Received 1,354 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by jiminfresno
I was told by Hedricks Chevrolet in Clovis California they would do a Courtesy Delivery for $2000: See their comment below:

We can do a Courtesy delivery if you choose. There is quite a bit involved with the Corvettes and lots of risk with delivery. We have told other dealers from out of state that we would do it for $2000. We would be glad to do that for you and again I understand if someone else will do it for less. We would like your business and I appreciate your question. Thanks again. If you are interested or I can help with something else please let me know

May not want to add Hedricks to your spreadsheet as that is more than twice as much as I have heard.
Did this guy quote you $2k for a $300 job AND also say "we would like your business"? with a straight face? 😂🤣😂🤣

Clearly they do not want to do any courtesy deliveries.
The following users liked this post:
vette2102 (02-23-2021)
Old 11-12-2020, 02:41 PM
jiminfresno
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by CitznFish
Did this guy quote you $2k for a $300 job AND also say "we would like your business"? with a straight face? 😂🤣😂🤣

Clearly they do not want to do any courtesy deliveries.
Thats what he said in his email. I would have had my C8 Warranty and service work done their also. So now I may have it serviced at a dealer that is more convenient for me. I guess the Warranty and service work was not attractive to them.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:48 PM
919cw313
Le Mans Master

Received 2,685 Likes on 1,408 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by jiminfresno

We can do a Courtesy delivery if you choose. There is quite a bit involved with the Corvettes and lots of risk with delivery. We have told other dealers from out of state that we would do it for $2000.
Wow. That is disgusting.

Get notified of new replies

To Courtesy delivery

Old 02-23-2021, 07:27 PM
Lee Sanyos
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto!
Old 02-23-2021, 07:46 PM
vette2102
Heel & Toe

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=Topspraydr;1601127985]Did you line up courtesy delivery with a Tampa dealer? If so which one and how much did they charge? If you have contact info that would be great thanks![/QUOT

no, could not get a dealer to work with.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:10 PM
pmt67usa
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 19 Posts

Try Paradise Chevrolet in Ventura....they did mine through MacMulkin. Very happy with the transaction. Took Amtrak from Oceanside and drove the car home on PCH to Santa Monica, the 405 home to Carlsbad..
The following users liked this post:
mingo222 (05-02-2021)

Quick Reply: Courtesy delivery