Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Courtesy delivery

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2021, 11:46 AM
Akscare
Cruising

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Topspraydr
Did you line up courtesy delivery with a Tampa dealer? If so which one and how much did they charge? If you have contact info that would be great thanks!
I’m doing courtesy delivery in Spring Hills- feel free to call me - 813 four 3 9 four 1 six five
Old 08-22-2021, 01:39 AM
Only1cannoli
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by rmp
My Kerbeck salesman said they won’t do a courtesy delivery and I will have to get it shipped to CA.
My number hasn’t yet come up, but my Kerbeck sales rep said they will do CD. Just need to specify at order time. Suppose you want to pick it up in BG? I doubt they would refuse you.
Old 08-22-2021, 01:52 AM
RK43
Pro

Received 423 Likes on 221 Posts

I was told they’ll do it, but it’s on you to find the courtesy delivery dealer and set it up. They don’t want to be responsible for it.
Old 08-22-2021, 11:24 AM
mingo222
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by pmt67usa
Try Paradise Chevrolet in Ventura....they did mine through MacMulkin. Very happy with the transaction. Took Amtrak from Oceanside and drove the car home on PCH to Santa Monica, the 405 home to Carlsbad..
I'll do the same, driving home to San Marcos. Which dealer completed the DMV paperwork?

Last edited by mingo222; 08-22-2021 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-11-2021, 01:13 AM
Elitetv
Instructor

Received 154 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Vegas Courtesy Delivery

Anyone in Vegas or Nevada ordering a C8 through MacMulkin, the MM people steered me to Bozarth Chevrolet here in Vegas. $1200 for CD, seems pricy, but it removes all the complexities of getting a car from the East Coast to Las Vegas. I talked with the CD guy at Bozarth. Says he’s done alot of C8 CD’s. Earlier, I talked to Findlay Chevrolet and Henderson Chevrolet, but they both refused to take a Courtesy Delivery. I’ve done all the MM paperwork and I’m hoping for a November allocation…and maybe a Feb-Mar build. I’ll share how the CD goes with Bozarth after we’re done. I’m
optimistic.
Old 11-11-2021, 01:45 AM
Justin B
Drifting

Received 1,165 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by Elitetv
Anyone in Vegas or Nevada ordering a C8 through MacMulkin, the MM people steered me to Bozarth Chevrolet here in Vegas. $1200 for CD, seems pricy, but it removes all the complexities of getting a car from the East Coast to Las Vegas. I talked with the CD guy at Bozarth. Says he’s done alot of C8 CD’s. Earlier, I talked to Findlay Chevrolet and Henderson Chevrolet, but they both refused to take a Courtesy Delivery. I’ve done all the MM paperwork and I’m hoping for a November allocation…and maybe a Feb-Mar build. I’ll share how the CD goes with Bozarth after we’re done. I’m
optimistic.
With a November allocation you'll probably be built in January
Old 11-11-2021, 02:16 AM
Bob Paris
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,428 Likes on 1,086 Posts

Consider using Paradise Chevrolet in Ventura, CA. They were great with my MacMulkin courtesy delivery and charged a modest fee of $300. 5 hour drive back to Las Vegas and the car still won't br broken-in.
The following users liked this post:
Elitetv (11-11-2021)
Old 11-11-2021, 04:01 PM
cor66vette
Le Mans Master

Received 1,309 Likes on 690 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by Bob Paris
... 5 hour drive back to Las Vegas and the car still won't br broken-in.
And I thought my 2 1/2 hours drive to my courtesy delivery dealer was a bit much.
Old 11-11-2021, 08:22 PM
Bob Paris
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,428 Likes on 1,086 Posts

Originally Posted by cor66vette
And I thought my 2 1/2 hours drive to my courtesy delivery dealer was a bit much.
No drive is too long in a 'vette
The following 3 users liked this post by Bob Paris:
cor66vette (11-12-2021), hokieZ (11-12-2021), mingo222 (11-12-2021)
Old 11-12-2021, 08:11 AM
cor66vette
Le Mans Master

Received 1,309 Likes on 690 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by cor66vette
Originally Posted by Bob Paris
No drive is too long in a 'vette

You are 100% right on.

I actually requested that particular dealer, Stingray Chevrolet in Plant City, FL. When first making courtesy delivery plans, Stingray, who I asked for, wasn't used. MacMulkin was trying to be thoughtful, and directed me to a dealer less than 1 hour away. That was nice of Adam, but we changed it to Stingray.

From everything I've read and have been told, driving the 2 1/2 hours will be worth it.
Old 07-18-2022, 08:17 PM
rewvette
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm in the processing of ordering my first Corvette. I'm buying from a large, well-known dealer that's a familiar name around here, and I'm hoping to have it courtesy-delivered to a local dealer. The selling dealer has agreed to do it, and I've found a local dealer also willing to play ball. Also notable is that the receiving dealer (the CD dealer) has been referenced in these forums as being a good dealer for CDs. So far, the stars seem to be aligning for this to happen.

But then, I talk to the guy who handles these things at the CD dealer. He seems to know what he's talking about and everything seems good... until I say who I'm buying from. He tells me they now avoid working with that specific dealer because it's very bad at sending over the PDI time payment that GM pays them. This leaves the CD dealer in a position to have to chase down the payment, write it off, or ask for it from the customer. Note that I'm not talking about the CD fee that the dealer would charge me, but about the fee that GM pays out to reimburse for PDI time. He also named some other dealers (and people at those dealers), who all would be familiar to anyone in these forums, and said they're great to work with. It's just the one dealer, which happens to be the one I'm using.

My question is, is this even a legit possibility? Or is the guy at the CD dealer just trying to wrangle more $$ out of me? I guess the real question is, who does GM pay the fee to? Digging through these forums, I see some messages that suggests GM pays PDI fees to the CD dealer, and I see other messages that say GM always pays to the selling dealer.

Also, has anyone experienced anything like this?
Old 07-20-2022, 08:49 AM
Only1cannoli
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 95 Posts
Default Kerbeck sales rep

Originally Posted by Only1cannoli;[url=tel:1603911397
1603911397]My number hasn’t yet come up, but my Kerbeck sales rep said they will do CD. Just need to specify at order time. Suppose you want to pick it up in BG? I doubt they would refuse you.
If your rep is Paul Zwick ask to speak to GENERAL MANAGER. Paul did same thing to me. Changed to NCM and loved the experience BUT I was lied to by Paul.
Old 07-20-2022, 02:03 PM
C8Corvette
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

Others on these forums have stated Ciocca no longer does Courtesy deliveries due to problems on both ends (seller and delivery dealerships). Perhaps this is not the case and they are still allowing these Courtesy deliveries. If so, just be careful on who you choose on the delivery side.

Quick Reply: Courtesy delivery