Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 performance runs 0 to 60/100 and 1/4 mile

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2020, 07:06 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,808 Likes on 3,197 Posts

Listen.

The video of that 2.7 is pretty suspect imo ...

This look downhill?

those are screenshots of the "2.7" run..

That is a screenshot of some random runs he is making without the passenger who's taking the video.

To me he clearly launches and launches this thing all over the place trying to come up with some clickbait title for views. And he found some good downhill spots.

Do it ONCE in the other direction just once. A bunch ibunches videos out there already and none go the other way. Even when confronted about it.

And if we are going to be more brutally honest?

The body panel gap and fit and finish is perfect etc... is it? I mean you're excited to have it.. but take those rose comored glasses off for a second.

I only noticed this because HE pointed it out and i saw something all to familiar since the C6..

Oh well.
Each gen should be better. And they are. But it's still a Corvette. And it's 60k for a reason. Relax kid (who sounds like he may have some flu like symptoms as he travels all across the land.). Get some rest and stop infecting people.
The following users liked this post:
Skid Row Joe (04-03-2020)
Old 04-03-2020, 07:22 PM
Iker
Burning Brakes

Received 1,276 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by 19/C7Z
Listen.

The video of that 2.7 is pretty suspect imo ...

This look downhill?

those are screenshots of the "2.7" run..

That is a screenshot of some random runs he is making without the passenger who's taking the video.

To me he clearly launches and launches this thing all over the place trying to come up with some clickbait title for views. And he found some good downhill spots.

Do it ONCE in the other direction just once. A bunch ibunches videos out there already and none go the other way. Even when confronted about it.

And if we are going to be more brutally honest?

The body panel gap and fit and finish is perfect etc... is it? I mean you're excited to have it.. but take those rose comored glasses off for a second.

I only noticed this because HE pointed it out and i saw something all to familiar since the C6..

Oh well.
Each gen should be better. And they are. But it's still a Corvette. And it's 60k for a reason. Relax kid (who sounds like he may have some flu like symptoms as he travels all across the land.). Get some rest and stop infecting people.
His 2.8 sec try is almost clean enough to have a conclusion that this car is able to launch hard and get 0-60 (1ft) in 2.7-2.8 sec in ideal conditions. That’s fair enough to me.

Still I’m waiting for someone is using dragy app to confirm some interesting data

Old 04-03-2020, 07:56 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,045 Likes on 2,912 Posts

Originally Posted by Iker
His 2.8 sec try is almost clean enough to have a conclusion that this car is able to launch hard and get 0-60 (1ft) in 2.7-2.8 sec in ideal conditions. That’s fair enough to me.

Still I’m waiting for someone is using dragy app to confirm some interesting data
If these 2.8 sec guys are already; "rolling, and not from a dead stop?" That's not 0-60 mph 2.8 sec......that's; "from a roll."
Old 04-03-2020, 08:05 PM
garyss
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you think drag radials would help 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile times
Old 04-03-2020, 08:58 PM
Sideswipe2020
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by garyss
do you think drag radials would help 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile times
It may help with consistency, but not on outright best time IMO. This 2.7/2.8 0-60 times seen from numerous owners and media outlets show the car hooking up and going. Traction is not an issue with this car like it has been with past corvettes.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:58 AM
garyss
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wonder what c8 would do w/drag radials and 150 shot of nos, engine can take 150 nos.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:27 PM
TxLefty
Le Mans Master

Received 900 Likes on 583 Posts

Originally Posted by PRE-Z06
So you think if you hadn’t have had the wheelspin in the 2nd video it would have done 0-100 in 6.9 and the 1/4 in 10.9? How did it make up the .2 lost in the 0-60 from spinning is what I don’t understand as the other metrics were similar to the first run w/o wheelspin?
Remember that 0-60 time you're looking at is 0-60 mph, not 60 ft time which is what gets measured at the strip.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:26 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Received 2,076 Likes on 1,326 Posts

Originally Posted by TxLefty
Remember that 0-60 time you're looking at is 0-60 mph, not 60 ft time which is what gets measured at the strip.
Right, do you not think it’s going to take longer to get to 60mph if you run a slower 60’ or vice versa if you run a quicker 60’ then it’ll result in a faster 0-60mph time?

Dumb question, but the computer is calculating 0-60mph/1/4 mile distance off of actual GPS and not wheel speed correct?
Old 04-06-2020, 06:44 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

It's wheelspeed in the C7s. I don't think anyone can spin the tires in a C8 past 60 yet to figure that out.

You can watch the C7s tainted zero to 60 times on pdr all over youtube. Trying to convince people of a ridiculous time..

Go to 1:15 in this for an example lol

Last edited by 23/C8Z; 04-06-2020 at 06:45 PM.
PRE-Z06 (04-06-2020)
Old 04-06-2020, 07:37 PM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 968 Likes on 574 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

It's wheelspeed in the C7s. I don't think anyone can spin the tires in a C8 past 60 yet to figure that out.

You can watch the C7s tainted zero to 60 times on pdr all over youtube. Trying to convince people of a ridiculous time..

Go to 1:15 in this for an example lol

https://youtu.be/TFR7rdcPePk
Why are you giving the guy such a hard time? If you don’t believe the data, or like the thread, then why comment?
Old 04-06-2020, 08:21 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Answered the question in the post above that one.

What are you talking about?

Did you watch the video? That's a C7Z06.. the point is the times are wheel speed determined.

Its how that C7Z06 outsmarted the timer by spinning from 45 to over 60 then it caught traction dipped below 60 and back up again.
The following 2 users liked this post by 23/C8Z:
PRE-Z06 (04-06-2020), tail_lights (04-06-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 05:12 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Originally Posted by meadowz06
Why are you giving the guy such a hard time? If you don’t believe the data, or like the thread, then why comment?
Ya think he should have waited for a C8?
Old 04-07-2020, 05:37 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

punky. what you may fail to realize is - version 1.0 of anything is easily surpassed by 2.0 and beyond. patience.

Knowing that? i love my C7... it's the second one I have purchased new and my third corvette (my other being an 08.. when the C7 came out? i didn't jump right in because it was new and shiny.. but i loved that car from the first time i saw it. inside and out. the C8 EVEN IF it blew my socks off? i wouldn't buy the base car and MOST CERTAINLY not the first year.. I had the chance. and i WOULD'VE already taken possession of the C8.. I went with the best of the known to last me 4 5 years or so until the C8Z shows up. and the great thing is if...IF i don't like the C8Z? i have my LATE 2019 custom built beautiful white with black gut 3LZ exposed carbon inside and out suede beauty... and thankfully it can be modded to as fast as i want it to be so i don't have to time my rolls to somehow TRY to catch a Mustang GT good god...

I am here to learn and educate myself about this gen and so far? i am seeing things crop up and it is a little bit unsettling about the things (the only things) we know so far... The switch to ME was going to be painful and so far? there's a bunch of it.. Trans leaks unable to be repaired needing new trans installed. odd gears non functioning and needing TRANS replacements even though they thought it would be a solenoid.. now there's an airbox failure where bonded panels are causing CE lights? windows functioning on their own, horns going off for no reason and more and more... so i hope that when you receive a C8 it has NONE of these problems, but that's the risk you take to have a "crowd" of children and old men run up to your car and Ogle it... that means nothing at all to me. I actually regret not going with a stealthy color C7Z again.. i went racer and i am hating the attention. just me.

I really wish you guys would just stick to the C8 itself what it is and isn't doing and STOP being so confrontational with ANYONE who has an opinion not in line with your own. it's old. it's really childish as well.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:09 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

punky. what you may fail to realize is - version 1.0 of anything is easily surpassed by 2.0 and beyond. patience.

Knowing that? i love my C7... it's the second one I have purchased new and my third corvette (my other being an 08.. when the C7 came out? i didn't jump right in because it was new and shiny.. but i loved that car from the first time i saw it. inside and out. the C8 EVEN IF it blew my socks off? i wouldn't buy the base car and MOST CERTAINLY not the first year.. I had the chance. and i WOULD'VE already taken possession of the C8.. I went with the best of the known to last me 4 5 years or so until the C8Z shows up. and the great thing is if...IF i don't like the C8Z? i have my LATE 2019 custom built beautiful white with black gut 3LZ exposed carbon inside and out suede beauty... and thankfully it can be modded to as fast as i want it to be so i don't have to time my rolls to somehow TRY to catch a Mustang GT good god...

I am here to learn and educate myself about this gen and so far? i am seeing things crop up and it is a little bit unsettling about the things (the only things) we know so far... The switch to ME was going to be painful and so far? there's a bunch of it.. Trans leaks unable to be repaired needing new trans installed. odd gears non functioning and needing TRANS replacements even though they thought it would be a solenoid.. now there's an airbox failure where bonded panels are causing CE lights? windows functioning on their own, horns going off for no reason and more and more... so i hope that when you receive a C8 it has NONE of these problems, but that's the risk you take to have a "crowd" of children and old men run up to your car and Ogle it... that means nothing at all to me. I actually regret not going with a stealthy color C7Z again.. i went racer and i am hating the attention. just me.

I really wish you guys would just stick to the C8 itself what it is and isn't doing and STOP being so confrontational with ANYONE who has an opinion not in line with your own. it's old. it's really childish as well.
Get over it Dude. The switch to ME was never going to be "painful" and is not "painful". Enjoy your C7, it is a great car.
CorvettoBrando (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 09:31 PM
CorvettoBrando
Instructor

Received 172 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Seriously. Enjoy your beautiful C7 and spend your time on its forum!

Originally Posted by punky
Get over it Dude. The switch to ME was never going to be "painful" and is not "painful". Enjoy your C7, it is a great car.
VERY thankful for the ignore feature. Only problem is, I still see his/her posts when others reply. Oh well.

Last edited by CorvettoBrando; 04-09-2020 at 01:28 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 04-07-2020, 09:40 PM
TxLefty
Le Mans Master

Received 900 Likes on 583 Posts

Originally Posted by PRE-Z06
Right, do you not think it’s going to take longer to get to 60mph if you run a slower 60’ or vice versa if you run a quicker 60’ then it’ll result in a faster 0-60mph time?

Dumb question, but the computer is calculating 0-60mph/1/4 mile distance off of actual GPS and not wheel speed correct?
I understood the question as being ET related and asked why the .2 wasn't carried all the way through the 1/4. I was just reminding him that the .2 difference in 0-60 mph is not directly ET related, but mph related. You may or may not run a quicker 1/4 based on 0-60. If you spin the tires a little, you may end up with a slightly slower 0-60, but the extra wheel speed may help you out in the long run. Are any of the speeds recorded by the C7 data recorder GPS based?
Old 04-07-2020, 10:15 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

I understood the question as being ET related and asked why the .2 wasn't carried all the way through the 1/4. I was just reminding him that the .2 difference in 0-60 mph is not directly ET related, but mph related. You may or may not run a quicker 1/4 based on 0-60. If you spin the tires a little, you may end up with a slightly slower 0-60, but the extra wheel speed may help you out in the long run. Are any of the speeds recorded by the C7 data recorder GPS based?
My understanding is no, so if it’s based off wheel speed and the distance the car supposedly covers based on the circumference of the tire then if it spins the distance is shortened no? The circumference of the tire is ~7’ so how much is each extra revolution worth if it hits 60mph in ~130’ if it’s doing it the high 2 second range? I’m calculating ~ a tenth, but maybe I’m making a mistake. The distance is the same at the dragstrip regardless of you spin or not which if you don’t move down track you still have the distance to accelerate to your trap speed, unlike with the car timer which is counting distance by how far it’s theoretically traveled based on wheelspeed.

Last edited by PRE-Z06; 04-07-2020 at 10:19 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To C8 performance runs 0 to 60/100 and 1/4 mile

Old 04-08-2020, 12:52 PM
Racer X
Le Mans Master

Received 4,389 Likes on 2,075 Posts

what makes guys think the PDR does not use GPS data, along with accelerometer data to determine speed and other things. It literally creates a map of the track you are on the do lap speeds, track map and position. For some reason you guys think some $150 toy is going to be technically superior to the $1800 GM system. Why? I am sure Cosworth would not allow GM to associate them with crap hardware.

If you think GM is that incompetent you should probably buy from some other manufacturer.

PRE-Z06 (04-08-2020)
Old 04-08-2020, 01:09 PM
CH C5
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer X
If you think GM is that incompetent you should probably buy from some other manufacturer.
I have no doubt that GM is one of the most incompetent companies of modern times - but I would certainly not say the same about the engineers working on the Corvette platform.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:02 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Originally Posted by Racer X
what makes guys think the PDR does not use GPS data, along with accelerometer data to determine speed and other things. It literally creates a map of the track you are on the do lap speeds, track map and position. For some reason you guys think some $150 toy is going to be technically superior to the $1800 GM system. Why? I am sure Cosworth would not allow GM to associate them with crap hardware.

I’m not doubting the PDR uses GPS, but what is it’s accuracy exactly? The timer on dash doesn’t match the PDR people have posted, so is it subtracting the 1’ rollout? Is PDR doing the same? Why the discrepancy or is the GPS accuracy down to 1’?

Quick Reply: C8 performance runs 0 to 60/100 and 1/4 mile