Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C8 vs. Ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2020, 07:43 PM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,145 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by New car dude
Hilarious statements. BMW and Mercedes top brass WORK FOR HYUNDAI NOW. The top car designer designed their Genesis G90 and 70. You guys simply dont know ANYTHING about this industry. Give yourselves a crash course in the world of cars. This forum is FILLED with people that have no idea what is what.
But are you still a virgin?
Old 04-27-2020, 07:44 PM
New car dude
Drifting

Received 514 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV
Nobody's on the ropes and C8 ain't Mike Tyson. Get over it. It's just a car from GM, albeit a great one.

I currently own a Genesis G80. I've also owned many Mercedes and currently own an S7. The Genesis is fine as a DD for the dogs and grocery store, but it sure as hell is not on a par with the German cars, although it is much more reliable. Big deal.

Maybe if you actually owned any of these cars you might have some of the real world perspective you obviously lack. You can't learn brain surgery out of book.

Such a douche.
You keep posting some weird disinformation campaign that is the EXACT OPPOSITE of the real world. Do you really think nobody is looking at the C8 series? That cat aint going back in any bag, and is dominating sport car sales ALL ACROSS AMERICA. Keep posting insults, because its funny.
Old 04-27-2020, 07:44 PM
Mr Triple Black
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 310 Posts

Hilarious statements. BMW and Mercedes top brass WORK FOR HYUNDAI NOW. The top car designer designed their Genesis G90 and 70. You guys simply dont know ANYTHING about this industry. Give yourselves a crash course in the world of cars. This forum is FILLED with people that have no idea what is what.
Just because someone leaves a multi billion dollar company for another multi billion dollar company the second company is automatically better? Not really. Plenty of execs were good for one company and bad for another. And that’s not car industry, that’s all industries.

As far as the top designer designed the Genesis, so what? There are lots of good designers/design firms. What’s your point?

None of what you’ve said matters what so ever.
Old 04-27-2020, 07:49 PM
Mr Triple Black
Burning Brakes

You keep posting some weird disinformation campaign that is the EXACT OPPOSITE of the real world. Do you really think nobody is looking at the C8 series? That cat aint going back in any bag, and is dominating sport car sales ALL ACROSS AMERICA. Keep posting insults, because its funny.
He didn’t post any insults about the C8 or any disinformation. We all know the C8 will have massive sales. The Vette has always been the highest selling 2 seat sports car in America basically forever. That’s not going to change with the C8. That’s not going to stop people from buying exotics.

It’s like, not only are you delusional, but I feel you don’t even know what you’re actually arguing.

Why is it such a crazy concept that all kinds of people have all kinds of tastes? Earlier in this thread someone said they preferred the Aston to the Roma. Did I say “F you you’re wrong”. No, it’s a personal taste.
The following users liked this post:
VETTE-NV (04-27-2020)
Old 04-27-2020, 07:52 PM
New car dude
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mr Triple Black
Just because someone leaves a multi billion dollar company for another multi billion dollar company the second company is automatically better? Not really. Plenty of execs were good for one company and bad for another. And that’s not car industry, that’s all industries.

As far as the top designer designed the Genesis, so what? There are lots of good designers/design firms. What’s your point?

None of what you’ve said matters what so ever.
Another ridiculous statement. The dudes now working for Hyundai are responsible for most of BMWs and MERCEDES success for the last THIRTY YEARS. It dosent make a difference? Tell that to ANY AUTOMOTIVE COMPANY. The exact SAME 911 TEAM FOR TWO GENERATIONS IS STILL THERE. GMs CORVETTE TEAM DESIGNERS AND ENGINEERS are welcome ANYWHERE.
Old 04-27-2020, 08:29 PM
VETTE-NV
Support Corvetteforum!

NCD saving the world.

Old 04-27-2020, 08:33 PM
VETTE-NV
Support Corvetteforum!

Another ridiculous statement. The dudes now working for Hyundai are responsible for most of BMWs and MERCEDES success for the last THIRTY YEARS. It dosent make a difference? Tell that to ANY AUTOMOTIVE COMPANY. The exact SAME 911 TEAM FOR TWO GENERATIONS IS STILL THERE. GMs CORVETTE TEAM DESIGNERS AND ENGINEERS are welcome ANYWHERE.

You really need to answer the following questions:

1. What's with all the caps?
2. Have you ever owned a car?
3. Have you ever spoken to a woman (your mom doesn't count)?

Last edited by VETTE-NV; 04-27-2020 at 08:33 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by VETTE-NV:
chubbs6350 (04-27-2020), michael510 (04-27-2020), Mr Triple Black (04-27-2020), NytmereZ (05-25-2020), TARANTULA (04-27-2020)
Old 04-27-2020, 08:35 PM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

In the few months you have been spewing nonsense you have never posted one single verifiable fact or link to any source of data that backs up your claims. Not one. Ever. I challenge you to post one verifiable fact that backs up any of your nonsense. I know we will all be waiting a very long time.
Mr Triple Black (04-27-2020)
Old 04-27-2020, 08:37 PM
Mr Triple Black
Burning Brakes

Do you really have to use all caps?

Yes, people could be good at Mercedes and then fail at Genesis. In fact, certain factors make it even more likely. Like the fact they were always use to marketing a premium product and now they’re marketing a product that wants to be premium. I own and run marketing companies, let me tell you how huge that difference is.

Also, Genesis has about a 0.12% market share in the United States. For comparison Mercedes has a market share of 2.09%. So if you’re so focused on sales you know that MB being 17X larger in terms of sales is massive.
Old 04-27-2020, 09:01 PM
New car dude
Drifting

Do you really have to use all caps?

Yes, people could be good at Mercedes and then fail at Genesis. In fact, certain factors make it even more likely. Like the fact they were always use to marketing a premium product and now they’re marketing a product that wants to be premium. I own and run marketing companies, let me tell you how huge that difference is.

Also, Genesis has about a 0.12% market share in the United States. For comparison Mercedes has a market share of 2.09%. So if you’re so focused on sales you know that MB being 17X larger in terms of sales is massive.
Hyundai is slaughtering central Europe.
Old 04-27-2020, 09:09 PM
TARANTULA
Melting Slicks

Received 1,041 Likes on 471 Posts

Mr Triple Black (04-27-2020)
Old 04-27-2020, 09:25 PM
chubbs6350
Burning Brakes

Received 833 Likes on 369 Posts

Just curious, what was your favorite car growing up? I mean before you were admitted into the institution

Last edited by chubbs6350; 04-27-2020 at 09:47 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by chubbs6350:
michael510 (04-27-2020), Mr Triple Black (04-27-2020)
Old 04-27-2020, 09:50 PM
Mr Triple Black
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by chubbs6350
Just curious, what was your favorite car growing up? I mean before you were admitted into the institution
99 Kia Rio...
Old 04-27-2020, 09:58 PM
Mr Triple Black
Burning Brakes

Hyundai is slaughtering central Europe.
Well that’s not true either.

For midsized cars in Europe, Hyundai’s i40 only had a 0.3% market share in 2019. Which was DOWN 62%.

In contrast MB C-Class has the highest market share at 13.7%, VW Passat and BMW 3 series were numbers 2 and 3 with nearly 12% a piece.

So what you mean to say is Hyundai is getting slaughtered.

I use this thing called facts. Feel free to check for yourself.
Old 04-27-2020, 10:05 PM
dannyldavis
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 9 Posts

Having created the original post in a simple dual honor to a classic Ferrari of exceptional beauty and Corvette's latest game changing design which is getting so much attention, I had no idea the many posts and deep feelings it would incite. Perhaps it's quarantine?

While the comments have progressed all the way to discussing everything from Hondas, Toyotas, Mercedes, Hyundai's, etc. which is strange considering this is a Corvette C8 forum where such a car was show in proximity to a classic of Ferrari fame, prior to that thread degradation, it seems the comments could be parsed into two major categories of Ferrari aficionados defending the merits of their exciting but expensive chariots to their view of Corvette wagons and former Corvette owners who have trouble deciding whether they love or hate Corvette's also exciting game changing C8 DCT with non-round lights!

One question that will undoubtedly incite even greater debate is whether it is a greater accomplishment to create an automobile that will turn the Nurembergring in essentially the same time for $60K or for 4-times that amount when both cars look like they're going fast when simply standing still, turn 0-60 in nominal 3 seconds and top out at near or slightly above 200. Might be a good time to go watch Ford vs. Ferrari for clues.

The traditional Ferrari's are undoubtedly dealing with their cognitive dissonance of justifying why they paid +$1,250 per MPH, +$80,000 per second to 60MPH and same speed around the ring when they could have had it with the C8 for $300/MPH and $20,000/second. That's an expensive ego trip.

The traditional Corvette's are saying: where are my round taillights, front engine and manual transmission.

Those good questions that trouble one's psyche might be better explored in one of the forums below . . . after all this is a C8 forum.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/fo...ia-488-f8.204/
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...iscussion-142/
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...discussion-74/
Old 04-27-2020, 10:58 PM
New car dude
Drifting

For midsized cars in Europe, Hyundai’s i40 only had a 0.3% market share in 2019. Which was DOWN 62%.

In contrast MB C-Class has the highest market share at 13.7%, VW Passat and BMW 3 series were numbers 2 and 3 with nearly 12% a piece.

You didnt read the article. The growth is exponential SINCE 2016. Read it again. Thats 4 years of growth.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:07 PM
New car dude
Drifting

https://carsalesbase.com/europe-hyundai/ Read more carefully. My statement still stands.

Get notified of new replies

To C8 vs. Ferrari

Old 04-27-2020, 11:52 PM
Mr Triple Black
Burning Brakes

https://carsalesbase.com/europe-hyundai/ Read more carefully. My statement still stands.
2% growth is exponential? Man, I wish I could tell my clients that 🙄

EDIT: This is from the article you sent 😂😂😂

Last edited by Mr Triple Black; 04-27-2020 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-28-2020, 01:05 AM
New car dude
Drifting

2% growth is exponential? Man, I wish I could tell my clients that 🙄

EDIT: This is from the article you sent 😂😂😂

We have a reading comprehension problem here. The article starts out by saying Hyundai gained while everyone else lost. The Genesis might have lost sales but from 2016 to 2020 the company has had impressive growth against a dominating German French competitors. Nobody else was making gains. Dont forget that luxury sales in Europe fell.
Old 04-28-2020, 07:32 AM
TARANTULA
Melting Slicks

Received 1,041 Likes on 471 Posts

Now we know what NCD drives a Hyundai.
The following 3 users liked this post by TARANTULA:
Mr Triple Black (04-28-2020), Parcival (05-05-2020), Savoy2001 (04-28-2020)

Quick Reply: C8 vs. Ferrari