Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is 911 S this much faster than the C8

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 08:36 AM
TARANTULA
Melting Slicks

Received 1,041 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by Telepierre
It would be really cool if someone on this forum started a compare matrix juxtaposing the eight cars corvette makes with the 28 911s Porsche makes. Upon general approval then make it a sticky...

Will never happen of course but who knows...
why don’t you do it?
Old 09-22-2020, 08:36 AM
charliebrown2
Racer

Received 252 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Z0HS1CK
Wait you have a 911s?

But honestly, if i had to pick out of those 3 cars, i actually would get the C8. And i LOVE porsche.

I just feel like, if it's a turbo s, NO corvette can touch that car. Not a C6ZR, not a C7Z, not a C7ZR, not a callaway C7Z etc. The turbo s is too much car, too much power, too much tech, too much refinement, it's too sophisticated.

Hopefully GM will make the high performance variant C8's like that.
No I don't have a 911s. I was going to get one in 2017 and I went with a Lotus Evora 400. Porsche are nice cars but for me, I rather have my C8 and my Lotus. Sure, the 911s is faster than the C8 from a red light to the next however, that is not a reason at all I consider when buying a car.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:43 AM
C82LT
Drifting

Received 632 Likes on 352 Posts

Well said but you also have to consider those that get their panties in a wad for a car that costs practically double and performs worse than the less expensive car. Those are actually the worse.

Just saying.
I agree, not sure if it’s worse but about the same. Sometimes these threads remind me of the Fast and Furious clip where Dom and Brian roll up next to a douche in a Ferrari and smoke him off a stop light. Both people are idiots but the former is portrayed as cool.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:51 AM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,166 Likes on 1,253 Posts

Originally Posted by TARANTULA
why don’t you do it?
Let's do it together? I do the Corvette side and you do the Porsche side and we compare notes?
Old 09-22-2020, 09:10 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

It would be really cool if someone on this forum started a compare matrix juxtaposing the eight cars corvette makes with the 28 911s Porsche makes. Upon general approval then make it a sticky...

Will never happen of course but who knows...
I'd like to see a counter point video made to show a C8 stomp a 911S which would obviously be just as easy to create as those circulating here that the 911 humping *** clowns are worshiping as a Gospel. It is abundantly clear that the C8 has the 911 boys head's exploding. Hope none of them take the bridge when the Z06 takes center stage. The level of denial will be epic and some great entertainment.
Old 09-22-2020, 09:46 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,362 Likes on 2,257 Posts

Originally Posted by charliebrown2
No I don't have a 911s. I was going to get one in 2017 and I went with a Lotus Evora 400. Porsche are nice cars but for me, I rather have my C8 and my Lotus. Sure, the 911s is faster than the C8 from a red light to the next however, that is not a reason at all I consider when buying a car.
I'm just saying as much as porsche is top tier and will always be in comparison to Corvette, I couldn't get a 911s over a c8. But if it was a GT Porsche or a turbo s, I would pick either over any production Corvette currently. Hopefully the c8z changes my mentality on that..

Porsche is just too good. Too high tech, too advanced, too damn good lollzzz
Old 09-22-2020, 10:22 AM
itsonlyairandfuel
Melting Slicks

Received 397 Likes on 246 Posts

PDR=Magic Decoder Ring. Track Time Slip= Reality. It is what YOU can do in your car. Never seen 2 magazines or 2 dynos race.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:30 AM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Its quite interesting to see people claim conspiracy theories over multiple car reviews showing video evidence of the 911S being quicker in the real world. I like both cars and am able to objectively see which one is proven quicker over and over again. These are just cars, I dont get why so many people perform mental backflips to convince themselves all of these videos are doctored to show the Porsche being faster. Its like if the C8 isnt the best somehow they are less of a person. Very weird behavior around here.
The following 3 users liked this post by Sub Driver:
jseams (09-25-2020), sprayer (09-22-2020), tail_lights (09-22-2020)
Old 09-22-2020, 10:33 AM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by punky
I'd like to see a counter point video made to show a C8 stomp a 911S which would obviously be just as easy to create as those circulating here that the 911 humping *** clowns are worshiping as a Gospel. It is abundantly clear that the C8 has the 911 boys head's exploding. Hope none of them take the bridge when the Z06 takes center stage. The level of denial will be epic and some great entertainment.
80K plus demographic...probably been through few rodeos and then getting subjected to these silly videos akin to snake oil salesmanship.
Anyway your graphical illustration reminded me of a movie........graphical but fits your description.... :-)

Old 09-22-2020, 10:39 AM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 9,092 Likes on 4,373 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by punky
Pretty sure this clown isn't carrying a Phi Beta Kappa key.
Somebody needs to call his home room teacher and have them take away his chrome book
Old 09-22-2020, 10:44 AM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Sub Driver
Its quite interesting to see people claim conspiracy theories over multiple car reviews showing video evidence of the 911S being quicker in the real world. I like both cars and am able to objectively see which one is proven quicker over and over again. These are just cars, I dont get why so many people perform mental backflips to convince themselves all of these videos are doctored to show the Porsche being faster. Its like if the C8 isnt the best somehow they are less of a person. Very weird behavior around here.
It's quite interesting you wrote 50+ words describing something without a single word of evidence.
Very hollow behavior I would say but yes these are just cars...
Old 09-22-2020, 10:45 AM
Shinobi'sZ
Le Mans Master

Received 450 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil1098
That you leave the C8 section for life would be high on a lot of peoples list. You contribute absolutely nothing. Is it EVER going to sink into your solid calcium skull that no matter how much you **** on the C8, it's an absolute runaway success? Talk about dense.
Brought this up a few times but the moderation in the C8 section is as much to blame for allowing the continue degradation of information and conversation. This guy has been reported for starting crap on threads, and not doing anything really other than ruining conversations (trolling) in the C8 section, admits he owns a C6 and just hangs in this section to talks crap on anything C8 related...absolutely no value added to any thread. Twenty years on this forum and this is what it has become.
The following users liked this post:
ArmchairArchitect (09-22-2020)
Old 09-22-2020, 10:49 AM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

It's quite interesting you wrote 50+ words describing something without a single word of evidence.
Very hollow behavior I would say but yes these are just cars...
I know its hard but try to keep up. The videos are evidence enough unless you are one of the people that thinks there is a vast conspiracy to show the 911 as quicker, lol.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:59 AM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

I know its hard but try to keep up. The videos are evidence enough unless you are one of the people that thinks there is a vast conspiracy to show the 911 as quicker, lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD_n...ature=emb_logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHjY...ature=emb_logo
LoL!!! nice try...I consult for the German OEM's in Germany....so I know very well how they do things...what are you going to show me next the German landing on the moon?
Old 09-22-2020, 11:03 AM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

LoL!!! nice try...I consult for the German OEM's in Germany....so I know very well how they do things...what are you going to show me next the German landing on the moon?
Interesting you provided 30+ words without a single shred of evidence. Very weak on your part, but to be expected.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sub Driver:
jseams (09-25-2020), tail_lights (09-22-2020)
Old 09-22-2020, 11:11 AM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

How about this. Let's get a group together at Bradenton Raceway. I will MC the event as I am not buying either car and think they are equal anyway. 10 cars from each camp?

We will have Team C8 and Team 911/2/S whatever the hell they are and do some runs. Each C8 will get 3 runs in each lane and same for the P-cars. We will throw out the worst three and best three as that will give us the most realistic numbers. We will, however, give a Hero-,Run award for each camp and then an overall Hero-Run award for the event. Zero performance modifications permitted. People can still chrome doodad their engine covers or what not. lol

$50 fee to participate and all proceeds go to St. Jude's or another charity event. Side betting is permitted but all done through me and whoever helps me organize that way nobody backs out of paying. 10% of the winnings goes to the same charity.

Time for people to put up or shut up. Who's in?
​​​​​
tail_lights (09-22-2020)
Old 09-22-2020, 11:23 AM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Interesting you provided 30+ words without a single shred of evidence. Very weak on your part, but to be expected.
That's because the Germans did not land on the moon and that was the point which does not need evidence...or does it!?
But let's dispense with the micky mouse videos...in light of the latest revelations the Porsche 911 cheated their motor ratings why should I trust any videos with the 911 in it?

Get notified of new replies

To Is 911 S this much faster than the C8

Old 09-22-2020, 11:29 AM
Telepierre
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by TLS_Addict
How about this. Let's get a group together at Bradenton Raceway. I will MC the event as I am not buying either car and think they are equal anyway. 10 cars from each camp?

We will have Team C8 and Team 911/2/S whatever the hell they are and do some runs. Each C8 will get 3 runs in each lane and same for the P-cars. We will throw out the worst three and best three as that will give us the most realistic numbers. We will, however, give a Hero-,Run award for each camp and then an overall Hero-Run award for the event. Zero performance modifications permitted. People can still chrome doodad their engine covers or what not. lol

$50 fee to participate and all proceeds go to St. Jude's or another charity event. Side betting is permitted but all done through me and whoever helps me organize that way nobody backs out of paying. 10% of the winnings goes to the same charity.

Time for people to put up or shut up. Who's in?
​​​​​
Praisable initiative! Have not seen a 911 fast list ever but nonetheless good luck!
Old 09-22-2020, 11:35 AM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

That's because the Germans did not land on the moon and that was the point which does not need evidence...or does it!?
But let's dispense with the micky mouse videos...in light of the latest revelations the Porsche 911 cheated their motor ratings why should I trust any videos with the 911 in it?
Lame deflection attempt with some moon landing nonsense. Again, more gibberish without any proof that the videos are inaccurate. Come on, I and many others here provided video proof of real world results where is yours? You asked for it and got it now you cannot reciprocate? Any proof the videos are not accurate? I guess I will just keep waiting since you cant back up any of your gibberish....
sprayer (09-22-2020)
Old 09-22-2020, 11:50 AM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,362 Likes on 2,257 Posts

Rut roh!!! The c6 boys are arguing.

Honeymoon is over!!! Lollzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Quick Reply: Is 911 S this much faster than the C8