Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got Shown up in My C8 in a Major Way @ Cars and Coffee....

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2020, 02:26 AM
rmp
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by EasyLivin
...and then a P1, MC12 and La Ferrari pull in and it's Game Over for those Ford guys...
wait a minute!
you forgot Bugatti, Konigsegg and Pagani!
Old 10-01-2020, 03:26 AM
MidEng
Cruising

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MDeg
Because I have a sense of humor? Im also 27 years old and he was in his 60s.... Its not that serious...
Exactly, we all have cars we love and admire, it's not about superiority. Some of the posters seem to have a real inferiority complex and can't admit it.

I like the c8 and plan to buy one as a daily driver, once the hype dies down and I can get one without waiting or paying a premium.

Guess what's my other car? An Acura NSX. I love my NSX, would never get rid of it...simply the very best car I have ever driven. But I also admire other sports cars as well. I like the c8 enough to consider buying one and enjoying it as a daily, whereas my NSX will always be my special weekend car.

Great video btw. Subscribed. Keep the great car content coming. It's great to enjoy during this pandemic.

Last edited by MidEng; 10-01-2020 at 03:26 AM.
Old 10-01-2020, 03:55 AM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,950 Likes on 2,178 Posts

MDeg how about a quick video on how to lock the targa in the trunk.

i think youll get a lot of views on that “how to video”

i tried yesterday and didnt want to force the click so I put the roof back on...(4th vette and was like WTF)

anyways remember your “lowly corvette is a targa rear mid engine ....lthat roof off experience is pretty cool....

anyways...consider my suggestion and label the video ...a “how to remove roof and how to get the targa top to lock in place in the trunk”

i didnt want murphys law to bite me in the @$$ so I tried watching a quick video on you tube and only found one which didnt help at the moment..

maybe a more detailed one would be widely viewed over the years...

keep having fun.

The following users liked this post:
MDeg (10-01-2020)
Old 10-01-2020, 08:09 AM
MDeg
Racer

Received 484 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by JerriVette
MDeg how about a quick video on how to lock the targa in the trunk.

i think youll get a lot of views on that “how to video”

i tried yesterday and didnt want to force the click so I put the roof back on...(4th vette and was like WTF)

anyways remember your “lowly corvette is a targa rear mid engine ....lthat roof off experience is pretty cool....

anyways...consider my suggestion and label the video ...a “how to remove roof and how to get the targa top to lock in place in the trunk”

i didnt want murphys law to bite me in the @$$ so I tried watching a quick video on you tube and only found one which didnt help at the moment..

maybe a more detailed one would be widely viewed over the years...

keep having fun.
I havent had any issues getting the top to lock in the trunk... usually have another person there to help me but even on my own its easy enough. Getting the top on without another person though - thats another story. I am a pretty strong guy but its very awkward to handle that long of a piece at one end and precisely line it up with the holes. Did it for the first time the other day but its not fun.
JerriVette (10-05-2020)
Old 10-01-2020, 08:14 AM
MDeg
Racer

Received 484 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by MidEng
Exactly, we all have cars we love and admire, it's not about superiority. Some of the posters seem to have a real inferiority complex and can't admit it.

I like the c8 and plan to buy one as a daily driver, once the hype dies down and I can get one without waiting or paying a premium.

Guess what's my other car? An Acura NSX. I love my NSX, would never get rid of it...simply the very best car I have ever driven. But I also admire other sports cars as well. I like the c8 enough to consider buying one and enjoying it as a daily, whereas my NSX will always be my special weekend car.

Great video btw. Subscribed. Keep the great car content coming. It's great to enjoy during this pandemic.
Thank you for watching and subscribing - just getting started on Youtube but have some pretty exciting things planned with the car here the rest of the year. I love my C8 i couldnt be more happy with it and it certainly gets all of the attention you could ever ask for. Some guys get really tied up in the ego aspect of the whole thing - I get it - but I'm a car guy firstmost and I dont see why it has to be a competition. If someone else has something more unique not only do I want to check it out but I want to talk to the owner and learn more about the car. Im not going to deny myself that out of some weird desire to feel important. Anyway thanks again and I look forward to providing more great content.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:52 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,537 Likes on 14,100 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

It’s all about having fun and enjoying all the cars there. Nice group of GTs and your C8 looks great too.
MDeg (10-01-2020)
Old 10-01-2020, 09:05 AM
Verboten993
Pro

Received 138 Likes on 82 Posts

You let us all down! You should have shown up in a Hotwheels Gold metallic C8, not the Lamborghini.

In true Corvette fashion, you could have worn your matching gold bracelet and necklace.
Old 10-01-2020, 01:36 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,031 Likes on 2,905 Posts

Originally Posted by meadowz06
THIS is called being shown up.....
The C7 actually is better looking from this photo angle.👍
Old 10-01-2020, 02:04 PM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,516 Likes on 3,598 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Thanks for sharing, great video, with some beautiful cars!
MDeg (10-01-2020)
Old 10-01-2020, 02:48 PM
Phanni
Le Mans Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 847 Posts

Originally Posted by WalterSobchak
New blue one parked next to me at the gym. Couple GT2RS, 488, 458, 675LT..... There's always one bigger.

And faster
Old 10-01-2020, 05:24 PM
trumanjd1
Burning Brakes

Received 212 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by 19/c7z
yeah uhmmmm. The enzo shouldn't be disgraced by being mentioned in the same breath as either of those other cars.

Enzo is a supercar that now is valued in hypercar territory.
sux to be poor!!
Old 10-02-2020, 08:21 AM
Supermassive
Melting Slicks

Received 795 Likes on 307 Posts

When I had my C7 it always struck me that even among the usual Ferrari's and Lambo's the Corvette seemed to fit in as far as looks go. Sure, when you get down to admiring the little details you can clearly see the disparity in price, but in the end the car is a looker.

I am still hoping to see a C8 in the flesh...I live and work in the Bay Area in CA and see plenty of cool cars in my commutes but still haven't caught a glimpse of the C8.
Old 10-05-2020, 03:03 PM
JerriVette
Race Director

Received 3,950 Likes on 2,178 Posts

Maybe its just my c8 but flipping the roof off and on is not too bad. Getting it locked in saturday was challenging ...i couldnt get it to snap in place. i HAd a veteran corvette owner at the show try and do it and he was worried we would break it if we forced any harder...

we double checked the bottom puns were in proper place and then i just shoved the top portion to lock in.,lhe did the right side..

popping it out of the trunk sunday morning to put on the roof...you should have heard the noise it made as I popped it out.

now Ive been putting on corvette targa tops for iver 22 years and a quarter of million miles...

this one was really tight..

i guess my car is the rare example...when I do the first service ill have my tech take a look. For a good laugh.
Old 10-05-2020, 05:34 PM
Mike98SilVert
Team Owner

Received 3,081 Likes on 2,049 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
It’s all about having fun and enjoying all the cars there. Nice group of GTs and your C8 looks great too.

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
The C7 actually is better looking from this photo angle.👍

Enjoyed the video.
MDeg (10-06-2020)
Old 10-05-2020, 11:34 PM
poorwhiteguy
Race Director

Received 98 Likes on 57 Posts

Any car that requires me to submit an application, and be judged worthy to rent(er - own?) from Ford is not something I'm interested in buying(renting). He was at cars and coffee because it's in his rental contract. GT people who have a great social media presence are the chosen ones. So - I'm out.
Old 10-06-2020, 12:05 AM
Lacquer
Racer

Received 278 Likes on 159 Posts

Wrong info on how or why people were selected for Ford GTs. There is nothing requiring this, or any GT owner to provide any social media exposure. There were only a very small number that were picked for social media presence, the rest were generally hard core Ford fans or people heavily involved in distribution for Ford. There are certainly more dealers out there than GTs available, so this was the best way they saw to get as many as possible in the hands of enthusiasts, without dealers marking them up for the uber collector market. The only agreement is not to sell for a two year period. All was transparent and spelled out clearly on the application.
It's a special cool car meant to celebrate Ford's history and was never intended to be a car to be sold as part of their line, or for that matter beat up on other super cars, lthough it is still wildley capable... and If you know the entire story, the LeMans effort was almost a Mustang that would have used BOP extensively to be competitive. Ford instead felt that this was the wrong way, and fortunately went all out, something that should be celebrated as it rarely happens in the corporate automotive world these days.
I'm certainly pleased to see one in person, they are stunning!

Last edited by Lacquer; 10-06-2020 at 12:14 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Lacquer:
ChumpVette (10-06-2020), MDeg (10-06-2020)
Old 10-06-2020, 10:48 AM
poorwhiteguy
Race Director

Received 98 Likes on 57 Posts

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...r-application/

If one(me) has a social media presence of exactly zero - we ain't getting a car.

If one(me) hates cars and coffee and tells Ford the troof, that we will NEVER take our GT to something as mundane as a Sat coffee event - we ain't getting a car.

Note that there is a whole section about how "Your Style" (not my words, that's a direct quote) qualifies one to rent the GT until of course, the charity clause kicks in or 24 months has elapsed when the renter is allowed to finally own and sell the car.

Like I said, he was there for a reason - cuz he signed a contract saying he would do just that. Hey - good on Ford, it worked. They are lining up down the block for the chance to get a GT in their garage. Not my 'style'. lolz....

Quick Reply: Got Shown up in My C8 in a Major Way @ Cars and Coffee....