Notices
C8 General Discussion The place to discuss the next generation of Corvette.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bait and Switch or Just Naive or Both

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2021, 10:59 PM
16falcon
Drifting

Received 1,173 Likes on 627 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21

For those saying that this advertisement was automatically generated for an already sold car, the OP said he called the dealer and was then told that they were adding $25k to the listed price. They didn’t tell him it was already sold and was unavailable to purchase. So I agree, it sounds like an advertisement at MSRP to generate interest when they have no intention of selling it at that price. Shady car sales practices.
The following 2 users liked this post by 16falcon:
555ctsv (09-22-2021), AORoads (09-22-2021)
Old 09-21-2021, 11:20 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,170 Likes on 6,215 Posts

All vehicles are automatically posted to the dealers website when they are in transit - pre sold or not. The fact that this is not pre-sold does not change the fact that it gets posted automatically and the dealership must manually adjust the price - which many don't do.
Old 09-22-2021, 09:10 AM
Fast Dawg
Le Mans Master

Received 2,568 Likes on 1,637 Posts

Originally Posted by Mehfoud
You could say it's a little bit of false advertising but did you really think there are C8s at MSRP sitting on dealer lots?
True story: In February 2021 when I was first researching the C8 and which dealers to place deposits with I was perusing the Chevrolet.com website and saw a listing for a 2021 C8 with almost the same build as I wanted at a Chevy dealer about ten minutes from my house. I checked the dealer's website and saw it was there. I thought it was probably a pre-sold car waiting for it's owner so I stopped to look at it later that day. It was sitting on their showroom floor with a sold sign in the window. I started talking to a salesperson about it and he told me they had just sold it at MSRP that morning to a guy over the phone. He was in the process of getting airfare lined up to come get it since he was 1000 miles away. The original deal fell through and the guy who ended up buying it found it the same way I did. I asked him why no markup and he said the owner of that dealership would not allow them to sell anything over MSRP. His primary business is not Corvettes and he was afraid it would hurt his reputation in the community. There are some small, honest dealers out there.

Quick Reply: Bait and Switch or Just Naive or Both