C8 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace

Remote control tonneau cover

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2024, 01:08 PM
B-52
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Remote control tonneau cover

On my 2023 the remote control function / button push sequence does not open the HTC tonneau cover .
The remote appears to work normally with other functions. Car battery is fully charged.
is there a factory reset function on the C8 ? Should I try simply disconnecting the battery and reconnecting ?
Any thoughts/experience with this issue?
Old 05-15-2024, 06:48 PM
Andybump
Le Mans Master

Received 4,048 Likes on 2,380 Posts

Originally Posted by B-52
On my 2023 the remote control function / button push sequence does not open the HTC tonneau cover .
The remote appears to work normally with other functions. Car battery is fully charged.
is there a factory reset function on the C8 ? Should I try simply disconnecting the battery and reconnecting ?
Any thoughts/experience with this issue?
Are you trying to open it in service mode? Where is the top when you do this? To open in service mode the top needs to be up/closed. That is a frequent error. The trunk must be closed as well. It does not say, but you might check that doors and the funk are close though I do not know if that is an issue. Other than that, just remote lock the car, then press and hold the top button on the fob. If its not working there is an issue. You can try the resets you mentioned.
Old 05-15-2024, 11:50 PM
MarkMeHopeful
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,654 Likes on 897 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Modified

What Andy said - For service mode: Top up, doors closed, trunk closed, press lock button on the fob, then press and hold the top button.

To lower the top, Top up, doors closed, trunk closed, press unlock button on the fob, then press and hold the top button.

The tonneau cover won't raise with the fob if the top is already down.
The following 2 users liked this post by MarkMeHopeful:
Andybump (05-16-2024), CRUZ1NN (05-15-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 09:04 AM
RandelB
Pro

Received 585 Likes on 248 Posts

...everything said so far. Emphasize that the top button needs to be pressed and held continuously throughout the entire cycle. Also, the response is not immediate when you press the top button...a few seconds delay.

From '22 owner's manual
The following 2 users liked this post by RandelB:
Andybump (05-16-2024), MKC8 (05-24-2024)
Old 05-18-2024, 05:25 PM
B-52
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts

Solved . Strangely I tried the second key fob and it worked as expected . Even though the problem first fob seemed to work all other functions I decided to replace the fob battery.
Voila it works as advertised. Replaced the battery in the other as well.
Continuously amazed at how sensitive new cars are to the slightest voltage issues.
The following users liked this post:
MKC8 (05-24-2024)
Old 05-23-2024, 08:01 AM
cajunboyz
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Andybump
Are you trying to open it in service mode? Where is the top when you do this? To open in service mode the top needs to be up/closed. That is a frequent error. The trunk must be closed as well. It does not say, but you might check that doors and the funk are close though I do not know if that is an issue. Other than that, just remote lock the car, then press and hold the top button on the fob. If its not working there is an issue. You can try the resets you mentioned.
Good to Know
The following users liked this post:
MKC8 (05-24-2024)

Get notified of new replies

To Remote control tonneau cover

Quick Reply: Remote control tonneau cover