Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers
View Poll Results: Timestamp Rollcall
Timestamped 12:01 or before
8.77%
Timestamped 12:02-05
20.55%
Timestamped 12:06-10
21.37%
Timestamped 12:011-15
12.88%
Timestamped 12:16-20
6.30%
Timestamped 12:21-30
9.59%
Timestamped 12:30+
20.55%
Voters: 365. You may not vote on this poll

All things CIOCCA mega merge

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2021, 09:59 PM
MONKEY01
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Gabed1
Anybody have a connect over at CIOCCA that can find out what they’re using to determine your place in line. Is it going to be when you entered your information onto the website as the time stamp, the timestamp on when the money is received (wire or check), or are they going by when they received your email with your drivers license information???

Please no speculation or guesses.

Like I said if somebody has a connect over there and can speak to the manager or one of the sales people it would be great to know for sure how they are going to do this.
I went to Ciocca today and spoke to one of the salesperson. He stated the reservation list are all based on time stamp rather the deposit was made in person or wire transfer... No advantages either method, only time stamp rules. They will combined all the deposits based on time stamp (cash/check/wire transfer) in order and give out the reservation # next week. For wire transfer, the time stamp is based on "received" time and not when the wire transfer is cleared. This goes for same with in person cash/check (not based on cleared check). He also went on to say their bank do display the actual time when received and cleared... two different time stamps. He emphasized received time stamp for be fair. Let's hope this is the case like he stated. Hope this help. Good luck everyone.
​​

Last edited by MONKEY01; 11-03-2021 at 10:03 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by MONKEY01:
RapidC84B (11-03-2021), wiplasher (11-03-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 10:02 PM
UnhandledException
Drifting

Received 1,351 Likes on 554 Posts

I’m sorry but what is ciocca?
Old 11-03-2021, 10:04 PM
BEECHFRONT
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by BigButtLover
Not true.
Dont really care if you think its true or not just stating what I was told in person.
Old 11-03-2021, 10:05 PM
smithers
Melting Slicks

Received 4,993 Likes on 1,819 Posts

Originally Posted by UnhandledException
I’m sorry but what is ciocca?
They sell hellcats. Its for all the people who were told to buy hellcats instead.
The following users liked this post:
cubarican84 (11-05-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 10:07 PM
Mark2021C8
Pro

Received 486 Likes on 263 Posts

Actually the Ciocca employee MAY be correct only because most people are not understanding how wires get credited to Ciocca's bank account. It is likely that by the time M&T's bank wiring department actually credited any of the wires to the Ciocca bank account all the in person people already had been processed. This will work exactly like the Ciocca's instructions stated. That is "your reservation number is based on when we receive your $2000 deposit". I am only speculating of course but I am laughing at all the incorrect information on this thread about wire times.

Oh, by the way, I was one of the wiring people.

Originally Posted by BigButtLover
Not true.

Last edited by Mark2021C8; 11-03-2021 at 10:13 PM.
Old 11-03-2021, 10:10 PM
Mark2021C8
Pro

Correct! This is why some people are going to be surprised. If I were to guess, most in person people are going to be in front of the wired people because the in person people were processed before M&T credited Ciocca's bank account.

Originally Posted by Scott_in_FL
Not likely. My understanding is that the wire hits the receiving bank and is considered "confirmed" at that point, and then the receiving bank subsequently has to direct the funds to credit the proper account (i.e. the Ciocca account). This is likely the "timestamp" that Ciocca will be going by (i.e. the time when the funds are directed into their actual account). Some banks may do this manually to verify account numbers, or in batches, both of which could be substantially later than when the wire was "confirmed".

Last edited by Mark2021C8; 11-03-2021 at 10:12 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mark2021C8:
MONKEY01 (11-03-2021), vettesweetnos (11-04-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 10:17 PM
UnhandledException
Drifting

Received 1,351 Likes on 554 Posts

Originally Posted by smithers
They sell hellcats. Its for all the people who were told to buy hellcats instead.
Is this why they are popular in this forum because I heard hellcat sales have spiked post N/A announcement for Z06.
smithers (11-03-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 02:57 AM
spersky
Instructor

Received 145 Likes on 60 Posts

Information about Wires:
Fedwire – This is the Federal Reserve’s funds transfer system and the one that is most often involved in wire transfers that you will encounter in everyday banking matters. In addition to being used by Federal Reserve member banks and other depository financial institutions for funds transfers from a bank account at one bank account to a bank account at another bank, Fedwire is used for transfers between Federal Reserve banks, for purchases and sales of Fed Funds, transfers between correspondent banks (sometimes on a netting basis), U.S. Treasury Department funds transfers, federal agency funds transfers, and the purchase and sale of U.S Government securities in book-entry form.

Is Fedwire real time?

The Fedwire Funds Service is a real-time, gross settlement system. Each transaction is processed individually and settled upon receipt via a highly secure electronic network.

When you see a completed time. That money is actually received by the Bank. I have wired so much money in the past, and it is always real time.
Old 11-04-2021, 03:01 AM
spersky
Instructor

Originally Posted by Psalmon123
Just talked to senior VP at BofA, "Transfer completed" or "Transfer confirmed" means the transmitting bank has received electronic confirmation from the target bank that funds have been received.
This is true and it is received directly into the Bank Account that you have directed. It is Instant once you get a "completed" notification.
Old 11-04-2021, 05:58 AM
Psalmon123
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by RapidC84B
So does this mean mine went at 12:03? This is what my account shows when you click on the transaction.

WIRE TYPE:WIRE OUT DATE:211102 TIME:1203 ET REDACTED:M & T BANK ID:XXXXX43848 BNF BK:MANUFACTURERS & TRADERS REDACTED

Then at 12:07 I received this email....

We have successfully sent the following transfer:
Item #:
Amount: $2,000.00
To: M & T Bank
Fee: 30.00
Send on Date: 11/02/2021
Service: Same Day
Completed at 12:07. Money in their account.
RapidC84B (11-04-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 06:02 AM
EasyLivin
Race Director

Received 3,160 Likes on 1,359 Posts

I wonder how many emails Ciocca sent out and how many deposits they've taken now...
Old 11-04-2021, 07:21 AM
Mark2021C8
Pro

Since we seem to be getting closer to the weeds, I thought I would clarify some below:

Three factors that affect the speed of a wire transfer

1. When you initiate the transfer (time of day matters)

• Federal regulations: The Expedited Funds Availability Act (EFAA) requires U.S. financial institutions to make wire transfers available to recipients within one business day. Banks and credit unions set their own cut-off times for receiving daily wire transfers, which may differ from branch closing times and even cut-off times for deposits.
  • Bank cut-off times: Here’s how time of day and bank cut-off times affect the speed of your transfer: If your bank’s final cut-off for wire transfers is 3 p.m. and you initiate a transfer at 3:05 on Wednesday, funds will be recorded as having been received on Thursday, which could delay completion until Friday.
  • Weekends and holidays: When estimating how long your wire transfer may take, keep in mind that transfers can’t be completed on weekends or federal bank holidays.

2. Where you’re sending or receiving funds

• Domestic wire transfer: Due to EFAA regulations, most bank-to-bank wire transfers between accounts in the U.S. are completed within 24 hours. Some banks make wired funds available to recipients immediately, especially on transfers between accounts at the same institution.
  • International wire transfer: An international wire transfer between a U.S. bank account and an account in another country (also known as a remittance transfer) takes approximately one to five business days depending on differences in time zones, foreign currencies, and banking systems.
  • Slow-to-pay countries: Countries with a slow-to-pay designation may delay transfers up to three weeks or result in cancellation. When sending or receiving funds internationally, ask your bank for a current list of slow-to-pay countries so you know what to expect.

3. The method of bank transfer

• FedWire for immediate transfer: For large-value or time-sensitive wire transfers between U.S. institutions, banks use the FedWire system for real-time gross settlement (RTGS), which means the transfer is processed immediately.
  • CHIPS for batch transfer: Banks also use the Clearing House Interbank Payments System (CHIPS) for net settlement, which processes multiple transactions as part of a batch process. Some banks have several daily cut-off times for wire transfers and send multiple daily batches.
  • SWIFT for international transfer: While CHIPS can be used to process international wires, more than 10,000 banks and other financial services providers also use a secure network managed by the Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT). When international transfers can’t be processed directly between two banks, SWIFT makes it possible for money to pass through intermediary or correspondent banks.

What are the wire transfer cut-off times for popular US banks?

When a wire transfer is made, typically it will be processed and sent only on business days and before the financial institution’s wire transfer cut-off time. Business days are Monday through Friday. Wire transfer cut-off times vary by type of transfer and from institution to institution.
  • Bank of America: The wire transfer cut-off for next-business-day and 3-business-day transfers at Bank of America is 8:00 PM ET. For same-business-day domestic outbound transfers and international outbound transfers the wire transfer cut-off is 5:00 PM ET.
  • Chase Bank: The wire transfer cut-off for Chase is either 4:00 PM ET for Personal Banking customers or 5:00 PM ET for Business Banking customers on bank business days.
  • Citibank: Outgoing transfers from Citibank for same-business-day transfer of funds have a wire transfer cut-off of 5:15 PM ET for international and 6:00 PM ET for domestic transfers.
  • Wells Fargo: Both domestic and international wire transfers are sent the same day if made before the wire transfer cut off time of 5:00 PM ET at Wells Fargo.
  • Goldman Sachs: The wire transfer cut-off for same-day domestic transfers with Marcus by Goldman Sachs is 4:00 PM ET on business days.

Information required to send a wire transfer

Before you contact your bank to initiate a bank wire transfer, gather the information listed below about your recipient and their bank in order to avoid delays:
  • Full name and address
  • Bank name, address, and telephone number
  • Bank account number and account type (e.g., checking or savings)
  • Bank ABA routing number (for domestic transfers)
  • Bank IBAN and BIC/SWIFT codes (for international transfers)
Additionally, be prepared with details about the dollar amount to be transferred, the currencies involved (e.g., sending U.S. dollars to be received in Euros), and the reason for your transfer.

An ABA routing number is a nine-digit number established by the American Bankers Association based on the location of a U.S. bank. Some banks have specific routing numbers for wire transfers as well.

An IBAN or international bank account number includes a combination of 34 letters and numbers that help identify countries and branch locations for cross-border transfers.

A BIC/SWIFT code is 8–11 characters used to identify an international transaction at a specific bank.

How to track a wire transfer

Now that you know how long a wire transfer takes, what do you do when a transfer is delayed or lost?

Every wire transfer to or from a U.S. bank account passes through the Federal Reserve Bank where the transaction is assigned a unique IMAD/OMAD ID. IMAD/OMAD stands for input/output message accountability data. The ID includes a combination of the transaction date, an identifier for the source bank (IMAD) or destination bank (OMAD), and a sequence number for the transaction.

If a wire transfer between U.S. bank accounts takes more than 24 hours, or a transfer between a U.S. and international account takes more than five days, ask your bank to trace the wire using the IMAD/OMAD ID assigned when the wire was sent.

The tracer will show how and when the transfer was processed between sending, receiving, and intermediary banks, and, most importantly, where it is now. In the unlikely event your wire goes to the wrong account, this is how you can find it.

How long does an international wire transfer take?

An international wire transfer, on average, can take anywhere between one to five business days for funds to arrive in the recipient’s account. Sometimes international wires do take longer, though. Funds are deducted from the sender’s account once the wire is initiated.

Originally Posted by spersky
Information about Wires:
Fedwire – This is the Federal Reserve’s funds transfer system and the one that is most often involved in wire transfers that you will encounter in everyday banking matters. In addition to being used by Federal Reserve member banks and other depository financial institutions for funds transfers from a bank account at one bank account to a bank account at another bank, Fedwire is used for transfers between Federal Reserve banks, for purchases and sales of Fed Funds, transfers between correspondent banks (sometimes on a netting basis), U.S. Treasury Department funds transfers, federal agency funds transfers, and the purchase and sale of U.S Government securities in book-entry form.

Is Fedwire real time?

The Fedwire Funds Service is a real-time, gross settlement system. Each transaction is processed individually and settled upon receipt via a highly secure electronic network.

When you see a completed time. That money is actually received by the Bank. I have wired so much money in the past, and it is always real time.
JerryU (11-04-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 07:56 AM
spersky
Instructor

• FedWire for immediate transfer: For large-value or time-sensitive wire transfers between U.S. institutions, banks use the FedWire system for real-time gross settlement (RTGS), which means the transfer is processed immediately.
This is most important to basically the discussion at hand. It is instant once the wire is complete. Sure sometimes Banks will not send it right away, but once a Fed wire is complete. Its instant. Futhermore, it goes directly into the appropriate Bank account It does not have to be moved manually to Ciocca's account.
This theoretically will significantly beat the timestamp of the people in line all night.

Last edited by spersky; 11-04-2021 at 08:02 AM.
RapidC84B (11-04-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 07:58 AM
Number 9
Racer

Received 378 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark2021C8
Actually the Ciocca employee MAY be correct only because most people are not understanding how wires get credited to Ciocca's bank account. It is likely that by the time M&T's bank wiring department actually credited any of the wires to the Ciocca bank account all the in person people already had been processed. This will work exactly like the Ciocca's instructions stated. That is "your reservation number is based on when we receive your $2000 deposit". I am only speculating of course but I am laughing at all the incorrect information on this thread about wire times.

Oh, by the way, I was one of the wiring people.
Actually when the wire/money arrives at M&T bank
it goes directly into Ciocca’s acct. That’s why you give the routing number and acct number to the sending bank. But as has been stated, we’ll know
for sure in about a week.

Last edited by Number 9; 11-04-2021 at 07:59 AM.
Old 11-04-2021, 08:27 AM
JediEddy
Instructor

Received 144 Likes on 56 Posts

Here's my problem. While I was able to get the wire transfer sent within minutes, I'm still having issues sending in my DL. I've tried 5 times now using two different email accounts. I got so frustrated that I used just 1 finger to type the email address to make sure it was correct. I keep getting bounce backs that it's undeliverable! Anyone else having this problem? I've tried one more time, if I get another bounce back, I'm going to call them.
Old 11-04-2021, 08:46 AM
smithers
Melting Slicks

Received 4,993 Likes on 1,819 Posts

After the big reveal I figured the whole NA vs TT daily debate would fade away and something new would take over.

I never would have imagined that something new would be “how wire transfers work” lol 😂
The following 3 users liked this post by smithers:
Michael A (11-05-2021), sambo60 (11-04-2021), Young_Z06 (11-04-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 08:52 AM
Mark2021C8
Pro

Deleted my initial post here because I don't want to get into a debate but just provide information. Please read above to find out what type of wire was used.

Originally Posted by Number 9
it goes directly into Ciocca’s acct. That’s why you give the routing number and acct number to the sending bank. But as has been stated, we’ll know

Last edited by Mark2021C8; 11-04-2021 at 08:58 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To All things CIOCCA mega merge

Old 11-04-2021, 09:12 AM
Cyclon36
Burning Brakes

Received 1,251 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by smithers;[url=tel:1604262347
1604262347[/url]]After the big reveal I figured the whole NA vs TT daily debate would fade away and something new would take over.

I never would have imagined that something new would be “how wire transfers work” lol 😂
I think there is now more technical data on wire transfers than the engine of the car 😂
The following 3 users liked this post by Cyclon36:
Mark2021C8 (11-04-2021), slowhatch (11-05-2021), Young_Z06 (11-04-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 09:14 AM
KCC8
Racer

Received 273 Likes on 153 Posts

I pushed send at 12:02. Best I could do - let the chips fall where they may!
Mid-Life1 (11-07-2021)
Old 11-04-2021, 09:15 AM
z28lt1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,976 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Originally Posted by Number 9
The wiring clearing house (Fedwire or Chips) does not have access to Ciocca's account. They move the money from your Bank's master account with them to M&T's account with them. It is up to your bank to take the money from you and up to M&T to give it to Ciocca. M&T may do that very quickly and practically immediately, but it is their process that it depends upon and we don't really know what that it is.
Mark2021C8 (11-04-2021)

Quick Reply: All things CIOCCA mega merge