Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

2024 Corvette Family at the LA Auto Show (Z06, E-Ray, Stingray)

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2023, 02:21 PM
Palmer
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 254 Likes on 75 Posts
Default 2024 Corvette Family at the LA Auto Show (Z06, E-Ray, Stingray)

Hey, guys, I attended a media day at the LA Auto Show yesterday where the Chevy booth was showing off all three 2024 Corvette models. It was my first time seeing all three together, and so I shot a quick tour of each showing off a few of the differences. It's more general information for those looking to see a few of the major differences between the models. nothing groundbreaking for those who own/know these really well.

FULL WRITE UP with extra pics -- https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...rvette-family/

Specs (as far as I could tell, only the Z06 had a window sticker) --

2024 Stingray (~$91K)
  • 3LT
  • Riptide Blue
  • Skycool Gray interior (???)
  • Z51
  • Sterling Silver Forged Wheels

2024 E-Ray (~$120K)
  • 3LZ
  • Hypersonic Gray Metallic
  • Black Forged Wheels
  • Adrenaline Dipped Red
  • Performance Package (PS4S Tires)

2024 Z06 ($168,100 MSRP)
  • 3LZ
  • Sea Wolf Gray
  • Artemis interior leather
  • Carbon Wheels
  • Carbon Fiber Aero
  • Carbon Fiber Interior
  • Z06 Ultimate Performance Package (Z07)

Last edited by Palmer; 11-17-2023 at 07:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
c7gsmike (11-17-2023)
Old 11-17-2023, 02:44 PM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL
Received 1,478 Likes on 795 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Thanks for sharing. One small error in your script. You called riptide blue Elkhart Lake blue in the beginning. You are correct about the colour palette. It lacks in many ways to the Corvette's competitors. My Z06 will be red mist.
Old 11-17-2023, 02:54 PM
Palmer
CorvetteForum Editor

Originally Posted by Tally Ho
Thanks for sharing. One small error in your script. You called riptide blue Elkhart Lake blue in the beginning. You are correct about the colour palette. It lacks in many ways to the Corvette's competitors. My Z06 will be red mist.
Yeah, mistake on my part bc I'm so used to seeing/saying ELB. But I did catch it when editing and put an asterisk/notation in the video around the 1:07 mark.

Congrats on your Z06 order. I adore Red Mist, especially in the sunlight.
Tally Ho (11-18-2023)
Old 11-17-2023, 04:04 PM
/Bear/
Drifting

Received 1,536 Likes on 761 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist

@Palmer I enjoyed that, thanks!

On the ERay, can you confirm that the side badge had a gray background? I know that one had the Chrome Exterior Badge package, and I tried to zoom in to see it clearly, but I really couldn't. Trying to figure out what my ERay side badge will look like!

Also, FYI... ERay Corvettes can be ordered with Carbon Flash exterior accents, so body-color accents are not necessarily an indication that it's an ERay.

Old 11-17-2023, 04:11 PM
JockItch
Safety Car

Received 5,342 Likes on 1,992 Posts

Hypersonic looks so much better than Seawolf IMO. The extra metallic really brings out the lines while Seawolf, even though it has a subtle amount of metallic, appears to be a flat color from a distance.

Just wish HSG didn’t have that green hue… still a great color though.
Old 11-17-2023, 04:21 PM
Palmer
CorvetteForum Editor

Originally Posted by /Bear/
@Palmer I enjoyed that, thanks!

On the ERay, can you confirm that the side badge had a gray background? I know that one had the Chrome Exterior Badge package, and I tried to zoom in to see it clearly, but I really couldn't. Trying to figure out what my ERay side badge will look like!
Oh, man, I don't have any close/steady shots of the badge, but here's a crop from a wider side shot. I think it's either gray (or maybe clear?) -- I can't tell any difference between the paint color and the badge color. Definitely not chrome.

Originally Posted by /Bear/
Also, FYI... ERay Corvettes can be ordered with Carbon Flash exterior accents, so body-color accents are not necessarily an indication that it's an ERay.
Great point, I should have added extra context about the painted accents being a CLUE... but not a guarantee (like widebody + outboard exhaust tips, etc.)

Originally Posted by JockItch
Hypersonic looks so much better than Seawolf IMO. The extra metallic really brings out the lines while Seawolf, even though it has a subtle amount of metallic, appears to be a flat color from a distance.

Just wish HSG didn’t have that green hue… still a great color though.
Have you seen HSG in person yet? Seeing extra green might be a convention center lighting issue on my part (and I was also shooting HLG HDR on an iPhone and running it through Final Cut Pro). FWIW.

Both HSG and SWG were pretty excellent in person though.

Last edited by Palmer; 11-17-2023 at 04:23 PM. Reason: added photo.
The following 2 users liked this post by Palmer:
/Bear/ (11-17-2023), JockItch (11-17-2023)
Old 11-17-2023, 05:19 PM
JockItch
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Palmer
Have you seen HSG in person yet? Seeing extra green might be a convention center lighting issue on my part (and I was also shooting HLG HDR on an iPhone and running it through Final Cut Pro). FWIW.

Both HSG and SWG were pretty excellent in person though.
I have, actually found your video to show less green undertones. Color looks great in the video, almost mistook it for Silver Flare at first. It’s all about the lighting with HSG’s color shift.

Definitely want to see Seawolf in person before reserving final judgement, I just highly doubt my opinion will change that much but who knows. Not saying I don’t like it, but if I’m choosing grey it’s HSG for sure as there’s way more flop/variance and the lines of the car stand out much more which I like.

Thanks for the video!
/Bear/ (11-17-2023)
Old 11-17-2023, 05:46 PM
Palmer
CorvetteForum Editor

Originally Posted by JockItch
I have, actually found your video to show less green undertones. Color looks great in the video, almost mistook it for Silver Flare at first. It’s all about the lighting with HSG’s color shift.

Definitely want to see Seawolf in person before reserving final judgement, I just highly doubt my opinion will change that much but who knows. Not saying I don’t like it, but if I’m choosing grey it’s HSG for sure as there’s way more flop/variance and the lines of the car stand out much more which I like.

Thanks for the video!
Yeah, in comparing these two, it's much more about wanting either a dynamic metallic (red mist, riptide, etc.) versus a Nardo-style flat... unless you happen to fall in love with the hidden colors in Sea Wolf. As such, I hope you get to see one in person before it's time for your order. Either way, you can't go wrong IMHO.
JockItch (11-17-2023)
Old 11-17-2023, 07:46 PM
Palmer
CorvetteForum Editor

updated the OP with extra photos and a link to an article.
/Bear/ (11-17-2023)
Old 11-17-2023, 10:51 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,952 Likes on 1,378 Posts

I saw these cars yesterday. For anyone considering Hypersonic Gray with Artemis interior, I would not recommend it. Hypersonic Gray is a cool color, and Artemis is a warm color. They are mismatched.
JockItch (11-17-2023)
Old 11-17-2023, 11:21 PM
JockItch
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Michael A
I saw these cars yesterday. For anyone considering Hypersonic Gray with Artemis interior, I would not recommend it. Hypersonic Gray is a cool color, and Artemis is a warm color. They are mismatched.

You mean Seawolf, but agreed. Artemis might actually work better with HSG with its green undertones in certain lighting but I wouldn’t spec it with that interior either.
Old 11-18-2023, 11:06 AM
FL-355
Instructor

Received 113 Likes on 61 Posts

Thanks Palmer - good job. Always enjoy the auto show.... I use to make videos for a living, so the few misstatements are no biggy for the audience here, we know what you meant
Palmer (11-19-2023)

Get notified of new replies

To 2024 Corvette Family at the LA Auto Show (Z06, E-Ray, Stingray)

Quick Reply: 2024 Corvette Family at the LA Auto Show (Z06, E-Ray, Stingray)