Notices
C8 Z06/ZR1/Zora Discussion General Z06, ZR1 and Zora Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Wheel Designers

Is the madness ending, or at least slowing down.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2024, 06:21 PM
TxJester
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by sumapathi
Do you guys remember the time when cash was king, if you had the money or the credit, you could walk into a Chevrolet dealer and buy the car you want, z06, whatever..... then COVID happened and all of a sudden, cash is ****, that is the reason, I just stopped looking, now it looks like the trend is changing....

I feel like we were at 50k over sticker for a z06 brand new, now I hear a lot of 10k over sticker; I test drove a used z06 and the guy called me back..... 3 times today; feels familiar, like the old times..... boy does it feel good.

I think things are getting better, I know most of you on the forum are buyers/owners and don't like being treated like crap for the last 3 to 4 year.....

allocations, waiting lists, black market, premium, sounds like India when I was growing up.

Do you guys think the market will even out, what time frame do you think it will take to get to a balanced market; will we ever see 10k under sticker for a new z06(that is not canary yellow).

I would love to hear your thoughts.
you don’t sound like a youngster, talking about the old days and all. But there ain’t nothing new to all this! Anyone old enough to remember the 70’s can tell you. There might not have ever been a bigger pile of manure than a 78 pace car and they sold for 10k over if you got the L48 automatic car but if you wanted a L82 car it was 25k over sticker, in 1978! That set the market on those cars, here we are going on 50 years later and that’s what they bring today.
Old 03-15-2024, 06:25 PM
3LZR21U
Melting Slicks

Received 960 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by zich6
In North Idaho, 60 miles from the Canadian border, ALL electric vehicles don't work. We have paltry charging station options of any kind and we're smart enough, probably due to natural selection, to know no one wants to be caught in a blizzard with an EV. Perhaps others are devoid of that natural instinct, but they're not in the northern climes.
Valid. But also completely irrelevant for his point, since the ER isn't an EV or even a plug-in hybrid. If it's so cold the hybrid drive doesn't work--congratulations, you have a RWD LT2 powered Corvette.
Old 03-15-2024, 06:33 PM
zich6
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by 3LZR21U
Valid. But also completely irrelevant for his point, since the ER isn't an EV or even a plug-in hybrid. If it's so cold the hybrid drive doesn't work--congratulations, you have a RWD LT2 powered Corvette.
Wrong. It requires a charging station. Therefore, it's completely inappropriate for northern climes and that's a fact.

Last edited by zich6; 03-15-2024 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-15-2024, 06:37 PM
3LZR21U
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by GrandSport 2017
I think, just an opinion here, that the Eray is going to to be a foot note in 10 years from now. People are going to say "hey remember when GM put that stupid electric motor on the front wheels of the Vette".

You guys aren't ready for whats coming. The LT6 isn't the engine that is to make the Vette a true super car.
In North Idaho, 60 miles from the Canadian border, ALL electric vehicles don't work. We have paltry charging station options of any kind and we're smart enough, probably due to natural selection, to know no one wants to be caught in a blizzard with an EV. Perhaps others are devoid of that natural instinct, but they're not in the northern climes.
Wrong. It requires a charging station. Therefore, it's completely inappropriate for northern climes and that a fact.

I'd love to know what you are referring to. Because either it isn't the ER and you are making a strawman argument, or you do think it's the ER, and you don't comprehend what the ER actually is.
Old 03-15-2024, 07:30 PM
chevyrules727
Burning Brakes

Received 803 Likes on 418 Posts

Wrong. It requires a charging station. Therefore, it's completely inappropriate for northern climes and that a fact.
Is this sarcasm, just posting to stir people up, or do you truly not know the details of the E-Ray and hear,” electrified” and just assume it is an EV and then tell people they are wrong when they try to correct you?

E-Ray is a hybrid. Not an EV, not a plug in hybrid, but a straight up hybrid like the Prius. As in its self-sustaining. No plugging in possible. Car recharges the battery itself through regen braking.

Of course unlike the Prius where being a hybrid is meant to improve fuel economy, E-Ray’s hybrid system is 100% about performance.
Old 03-15-2024, 07:41 PM
zich6
Banned Scam/Spammer

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by chevyrules727
Is this sarcasm, just posting to stir people up, or do you truly not know the details of the E-Ray and hear,” electrified” and just assume it is an EV and then tell people they are wrong when they try to correct you?

E-Ray is a hybrid. Not an EV, not a plug in hybrid, but a straight up hybrid like the Prius. As in its self-sustaining. No plugging in possible. Car recharges the battery itself through regen braking.

Of course unlike the Prius where being a hybrid is meant to improve fuel economy, E-Ray’s hybrid system is 100% about performance.
What part about needing a charging station when none exist and the average temps in winter is 25 degrees is hard to understand? What point can you possibly make for an EV in this environment?
Old 03-15-2024, 07:44 PM
chevyrules727
Burning Brakes

What part about needing a charging station when none exist and the average temps in winter is 25 degrees is hard to understand? What point can you possibly make for an EV in this environment?
Because when it comes to the E-Ray, it’s irrelevant.

It doesn’t need a charging station, it’s not an EV, you don’t plug it in at all.

EV’s have no bearing on this discussion. They were never brought up.
Old 03-15-2024, 07:50 PM
3LZR21U
Melting Slicks

My good dude, have you even read one press release on the ER?
Old 03-15-2024, 07:54 PM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,392 Likes on 1,242 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by NORTY
Actual in-house cost to build the LS9 was $6144.
Wow, there was lot of profit built into those crate motors!

Wrong. It requires a charging station. Therefore, it's completely inappropriate for northern climes and that's a fact.
Apparently, you don't actually know much about the Eray, it is NOT a plug-in hybrid.
Old 03-15-2024, 07:56 PM
zich6
Banned Scam/Spammer

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Because when it comes to the E-Ray, it’s irrelevant.

It doesn’t need a charging station, it’s not an EV, you don’t plug it in at all.

EV’s have no bearing on this discussion. They were never brought up.
Does it not have a 1.9KW battery that will fail in much colder temps? As you likely know, batteries simply do not hold a charge in extremely cold weather. Understand now?
Old 03-15-2024, 08:05 PM
chevyrules727
Burning Brakes

Does it not have a 1.9KW battery that will fail in much colder temps? As you likely know, batteries simply do not hold a charge in extremely cold weather. Understand now?
You have to be trolling or your account was compromised.

Ok great.... the battery doesn't perform its best in cold temps. So you don't get 0-60 runs in 2.5 seconds. You can still drive it because it still has the LT2 V8 powering the car.

But at least you backtracked from needing a charging station......
Old 03-15-2024, 08:05 PM
robob
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 86 Posts

Ok, I am going to try once.

The ERay has a normal gasoline engine that drives the rear wheels as well as an electric motor for the front wheels. It can run on it's gasoline engine without the electric motor.

Are you OK? Should we send help? I am serious, you sound as if you are not well.

Take care,
Robert
Old 03-15-2024, 08:06 PM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,818 Likes on 3,203 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandSport 2017
I think, just an opinion here, that the Eray is going to to be a foot note in 10 years from now. People are going to say "hey remember when GM put that stupid electric motor on the front wheels of the Vette".

You guys aren't ready for whats coming. The LT6 isn't the engine that is to make the Vette a true super car.
Other than power adders WHAT ELSE could they do?

And i say that with all due respect given your ..... knowledge
The following users liked this post:
minn19 (03-16-2024)
Old 03-15-2024, 08:11 PM
EvanZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,392 Likes on 1,242 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C4 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

You really just need to stop as you really don't seem to understand how hybrid tech works. We live in Omaha, and my wife's plug-in hybrid Cadillac ELR works just fine in the winter. Yes, in super cold temps (i.e. when it's under 10F) we'll see up to about a 30% loss in capacity on the battery, but it still works just fine. A hybrid (plug-in like our ELR, or not like the Eray) vehicle's gas engine will still function normally even if the battery is completely dead, that's the primary benefit of a hybrid desgin.
Old 03-15-2024, 08:12 PM
zich6
Banned Scam/Spammer

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

You have to be trolling or your account was compromised.

Ok great.... the battery doesn't perform its best in cold temps. So you don't get 0-60 runs in 2.5 seconds. You can still drive it because it still has the LT2 V8 powering the car.

But at least you backtracked from needing a charging station......
As you obviously have cognitive issues, no battery dependent vehicle is efficient, nor appropriate in cold weather as they're just not efficient. Further, what is the replacement cost of that battery when it fails due to those temps? Bottom line it just doesn't make sense and that's why northern dealers aren't requesting, nor stocking them if they have a sense of survival.
Old 03-15-2024, 08:13 PM
zich6
Banned Scam/Spammer

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by EvanZR1
You really just need to stop as you really don't seem to understand how hybrid tech works. We live in Omaha, and my wife's plug-in hybrid Cadillac ELR works just fine in the winter. Yes, in super cold temps (i.e. when it's under 10F) we'll see up to about a 30% loss in capacity on the battery, but it still works just fine. A hybrid (plug-in like our ELR, or not like the Eray) vehicle's gas engine will still function normally even if the battery is completely dead, that's the primary benefit of a hybrid desgin.
Wrong, read my response to CR who also doesn't understand EVs in cold climates.
Old 03-15-2024, 08:16 PM
3LZR21U
Melting Slicks

Wow. So no vehicle can operate in cold temperatures, since their 12v battery will be inoperative and not work the starter. I learned something.

Also, people buy Corvettes for fuel economy, and an ER being relegated to ICE-only power (at least temporarily) drops fuel economy down to 3 MPG. I did not know that either.

Get notified of new replies

To Is the madness ending, or at least slowing down.....

Old 03-15-2024, 08:25 PM
robob
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 86 Posts

"You really just need to stop as you really don't seem to understand how hybrid tech works."

Yeah, I'm leaning towards his account has been compromised. I did alert the mods that he may need assistance.

Hope he is OK,
Robert
Old 03-15-2024, 08:36 PM
zich6
Banned Scam/Spammer

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by 3LZR21U
Wow. So no vehicle can operate in cold temperatures, since their 12v battery will be inoperative and not work the starter. I learned something.

Also, people buy Corvettes for fuel economy, and an ER being relegated to ICE-only power (at least temporarily) drops fuel economy down to 3 MPG. I did not know that either.
So, you're equating a 12v lead acid with a 1.9 KW LI? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Clearly, you have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 03-15-2024, 08:43 PM
zich6
Banned Scam/Spammer

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by robob
"You really just need to stop as you really don't seem to understand how hybrid tech works."

Yeah, I'm leaning towards his account has been compromised. I did alert the mods that he may need assistance.

Hope he is OK,
Robert
You're condescension is predictable, but no less laughable. Obviously, you're incapable of grasping:
1. Why few northern dealers order or stock the EV, which is a fact.
2. Why your argument is specious and incapable of success.

Clearly, you have comprehension issues or your account has been compromised. I strongly recommend you quit while you're incapable of catching up, old boy.😉

Quick Reply: Is the madness ending, or at least slowing down.....