Canadian Events Canada, eh?

DD - to rustproof or not?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,509 Likes on 821 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

The longest I ever kept a car was my '92 Beretta GTZ (for 15 years), never did any rustproofing, just washed it regularly in the Winter. No rusting problem underneath (muffler lasted 14 years) and the car looked great when I got rid of it. I wouldn't do the rustproofing, personally speaking.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:12 PM
TorontoMark
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a GMC sierra that was krowned every year when I finished with it, it had 515k on it. It looked great. The current 2008 silverado I drive has been done every year, I'm a firm believer in krown or similar oil spray technique.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:59 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

If that's that brown gunk that they spray everywhere forgeddaboddit. I bought a car a few years ago that just had it done and that stuff was all over the place, inside the engine compartment, door jams I was getting it all over me when I worked on it and it collects dirt and dust. Never again or should I say I never had it done in the first place and wouldn't get it done now.

There are others out there that aren't as messy no ?
Old 10-16-2009, 07:27 PM
TorontoMark
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a really hard time believing you guys stating "it gets all over you" I've had it done the past 8 yrs now I've never had it on me. My stuff goes to krown in concord never an issue
Old 10-17-2009, 04:50 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by TorontoMark
I have a really hard time believing you guys stating "it gets all over you" I've had it done the past 8 yrs now I've never had it on me. My stuff goes to krown in concord never an issue
Maybe they don't spray it all over the place like mine was. It's also an eyesore after it gets dirt and crap in it when you open the hood. Obviously they do a better job for you than what I got, and please, I have better things to do than make things up

Quick Reply: DD - to rustproof or not?