Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 10:19 AM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,500 Likes on 817 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Originally Posted by 4 KRUSIN
The cost was >$6.00 / sq. ft.

If I remember correctly, there was no warranty. The Allure I put down has a lifetime warranty in residential applications. Just give one of the GTA Line-X dealers a call and they will give you a ballpark figure. They would have to see your garage to be more specific. The prep time for one of these floors is what costs the money. I am guessing that most floors would have to be ground down a little to ensure that the product adheres. I know in my case it would have had to be because the builder applied a sealer to the concrete when the floor went down. Subsequently I applied epoxy (never again). Etching will not remove stuff like that.
Thanks for the info, the cost is definitely steep
Old 02-27-2011, 02:43 PM
IronManGarage
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 KRUSIN
The cost was >$6.00 / sq. ft.

If I remember correctly, there was no warranty. The Allure I put down has a lifetime warranty in residential applications. Just give one of the GTA Line-X dealers a call and they will give you a ballpark figure. They would have to see your garage to be more specific. The prep time for one of these floors is what costs the money. I am guessing that most floors would have to be ground down a little to ensure that the product adheres. I know in my case it would have had to be because the builder applied a sealer to the concrete when the floor went down. Subsequently I applied epoxy (never again). Etching will not remove stuff like that.
The cost of a quality Polyaspartic system should be around $6.00 as materials are expensive and the install is very labour intensive. The floor, whether new or old, must be mechanically ground (using Diamond Grinders and dustless vacuum system) A good product should come with a 15 year residential warranty, and be applied only by a certified, trained installer.

Quick Reply: Iron Man Coatings