Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Anyone want to go look at a car for me?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 07:51 AM
NoShade
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone want to go look at a car for me?

If anyone is near Cullen Chevrolet in St Catherines I would be very happy if they stopped in and took a look at a 2013 427 they have in the showroom. There are a few "inconsistencies" in their listing for the car.

My biggest concern is the wheels and tires. The wheels look like they have been "Plastidipped". It also looks like there is some curb rash on the front wheels. Also the make and age of the tires would be good to know. The condition of the drivers seat would be a plus as well.

Any other items you notice in the walkaround please advise.

Thanks!
Old 06-29-2017, 09:52 AM
i3kc
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Check the last 4 digits of the DOT code, this will give you the week and year made of the tire(s).

When you say "inconsistencies" are you referring to the listing saying the vehicle is accident free "based on the CarProof Report". CarProof isn't 100% accurate. It only records repairs that were paid for through an insurance claim. I believe that privately paid for repairs will not show up on a CarProof Report and I'm 100% sure that if the car hit a curb, the repairs to the wheel / alignment will not show up on the CarProof report.

Hope this helps. The vehicle is listed on the Brian Cullan website with pictures for those not in the area but can offer any insight on this vehicle.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:04 AM
NoShade
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by i3kc
When you say "inconsistencies" ...
I hadn't considered the Carproof report actually... I just noticed that they had the car listed as an "Automatic" which it clearly isn't and they call it a GrandSport which you could argue is misleading as well.

I'm hunting for a 427 and this one is interesting.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:48 AM
Tom Spence
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by NoShade
If anyone is near Cullen Chevrolet in St Catherines I would be very happy if they stopped in and took a look at a 2013 427 they have in the showroom. There are a few "inconsistencies" in their listing for the car.

My biggest concern is the wheels and tires. The wheels look like they have been "Plastidipped". It also looks like there is some curb rash on the front wheels. Also the make and age of the tires would be good to know. The condition of the drivers seat would be a plus as well.

Any other items you notice in the walkaround please advise.

Thanks!
Call Tracy Wilkes and ask him your concerns. There dealership is asking for our support at Niagara Corvette Club and I'm sure you will get an answer.
Feel free to mention this tip. I could stop by next Tuesday as our July meeting is 3 blocks away.
Old 06-30-2017, 08:55 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

and U.S. car, i m sure you know Ryan, if it makes any difference to you.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone want to go look at a car for me?

Quick Reply: Anyone want to go look at a car for me?