Ribbed rubber flooring

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 03:27 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by RedZ4me
^^^^

Agree with the sealer, my new garage has 4 coats so far of commercial grade clear concrete sealer, and it will get at least 2 more coats this year after a good wash, and yes, it def'ly helps and not slippery at all - in fact, makes it non-slip. Apply on a hot day and you can do 3 coats in 2 hours, this includes full drying time. I've been watching tiles, yes looks nice but perforated and even 'non' will allow that snow/ice/salt mess to seep thru (except my vette area), so I've been avoiding them so far.
what sealer do you use ?
it maybe too late for mine, but may help it a bit keep the dust down when sweeping
Old 03-02-2018, 04:14 PM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 422 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by walleyejack
what sealer do you use ?
it maybe too late for mine, but may help it a bit keep the dust down when sweeping
I'm at work now, send me an email, will take a pic of it for you. lello.suzuki@gmail.com

oh........you better believe it helps with dust - almost none
Old 03-02-2018, 06:05 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 660 Likes on 443 Posts

A good way to repair a pitted floor is to apply a coat of "liquid cement". This is a cement product that is mixed super thin and is used to fill in low spots on a floor. I used it on our basement floor many years ago. Easy to work with and cures super hard.

I plan to do my garage floor with this stuff as soon as the weather allows this spring. Mix up a batch and spread it around with a squeegee or other straight edge tool. It easy to feather and smooth it.

I think it will fill in the pitting very nicely. Then gonna seal it as suggested here...
Old 04-08-2018, 09:46 AM
BlueFinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by walleyejack
i have never seen it at Costco.
Keep watching. Things come and go at Costco.

I have two of the Costco rubber mats in my double car garage. I put smaller rubber mats around the sides since the Costco mats do not cover the full width of the garage. I taped everything together with 2 inch wide gorilla tape and it lasts and looks pretty good. Will replaced some of the tape that has lifted whenever spring comes and I can dry things out. If it stands up to a Sudbury winter it will stand up to anything!

It is easy to clean with a pressure washer (or hose) and protects the stored corvette from moisture migrating from the concrete.

With the salt and grit coming in the garage from the all season car, most concrete coatings will not last. Mine was painted and did not last.

I paid $200 each for mine and my buddy said he saw them for around $90 once!
John

Last edited by BlueFinn; 04-08-2018 at 09:49 AM.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:15 PM
RDBVETTE
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

PM sent

Quick Reply: Ribbed rubber flooring