Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Best products for Millennium Yellow

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 07:08 AM
slalomdude
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Best products for Millennium Yellow

I am going the PC 7424 route. I am planning on using Megs 105 and 205. After that Zainos Z2 or possible NXT 2. The car is a daily driver, but want it to look good. Am I going the right route ? Thanks
Old 10-27-2009, 09:36 AM
blackmachdown
Melting Slicks

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts

That sounds perfect to me, after the 205, give it a quick wipe down with a microfiber and a mix of water and isopropyl alcohol to remove any polishing oils left behind by 105/205 that way your zaino adheres better, if you use the next then it wont be necessary since all megs products are designed to work together
Old 10-27-2009, 10:49 AM
0Detailed Image
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slalomdude
I am going the PC 7424 route. I am planning on using Megs 105 and 205. After that Zainos Z2 or possible NXT 2. The car is a daily driver, but want it to look good. Am I going the right route ? Thanks
I like the routine as well. I'm happy to hear you are going to use the Porter Cable 7424XP Random Orbital Buffer it is an excellent tool that can really help your detailing efforts. Before using the polishes it's ideal to wash and use a clay bar. The clay bar will help deep clean the paint and leave it smoother. The M105 and M205 are outstanding polishes. For maximum results I also recommend a quick wipe down with a microfiber towel and a 50/50 mix of Isopropyl Alcohol. It will remove oils and ensure you get the maximum bonding with your sealant in the next step. The Zaino works great or other quality sealant like the Chemical Guys Jet Seal 109 or Blackfire Wet Diamond with Polycharger. All of those options will leave durable protection and enhance the shine. After that you can stop there or layer a wax on top of it. For yellow I absolutely love the Dodo Juice Banana Armour Hard Wax which is specifically formulated for yellow paint. It provides a really deep gloss that really grabs your eye. The Dodo Juice waxes also provide really strong protection as well! If you are looking for a less expensive option the Poorboy's World Natty's Red Paste Wax - 8 oz will also work really well.

If you have any questions at all don't hesitate to ask. We have our detailing guide to help you through the entire process or you can always message me. Don't forget you can save 10% off virtually all items on our site with the coupon code 10offCF as well.

Good luck and I look forward to hearing from you.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 10-27-2009, 07:15 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

I highly suggest substituting the PC or PC-XP for a more powerful machine thats proven to be the winner, the Griots Random Orbital. Certainly grabbing Megs 105/205 or Mernzera SIP/Nano will help with all the polishing choirs. I would then gravitate towards a carnauba for the wettest possible yellow. Pinnacle Souveran, Dodo Supernatural, DP Max Wax, Poorboys Natty and many others are available. If you choose a sealant instead, I would highly suggest Wolfgang 3.0 Paint Protection. Its incredible on yellow.

We currently have a 15% off sale and free shipping on orders over 95.00. That should discount the polishes and waxes or sealant and toss in free ground shipping to most locations. (buffers excluded, but price match guarantee assures best price always) Might be worth using couponcode FALL15 prior to friday and assure the best deal. You can call us also, its toll-free for advice. We look forward to earning your business.

www.autogeek.net

Get notified of new replies

To Best products for Millennium Yellow

Quick Reply: Best products for Millennium Yellow