Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Zaino, Zaino, Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2001, 09:10 PM
Icebear
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: (cynthia)

Oh, do try it. As dark as the green is you will see a big improvement. Also the protection factor makes it worth it on the newer car.

Go for it!!! :cheers: :cheers:
Old 08-03-2001, 08:30 AM
Mandrake
Racer

Cruise-In II Veteran

Cyn :seeya ,
You can try some of ours. We use it on our car and it works great. I can't think of their names but the couple from Pendelton with the black C4 also use it. There is a noticable difference after a few coats. We'd be willing to show you sometime if you'd like. Just let us know.

BTW - we can't make it to the next meeting.
Old 08-03-2001, 10:56 AM
chiavet
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: (Mandrake)

Drake my Man :lol:

So you use it. The Pendleton couple are Fred & Alta. Seeing you are now the resident expert just what sequence of Z's do you suggest I get? BTW where did you get your zaino from and how long did it take to receive them?

Sorry you can't make the meeting. We're beginning to miss you guys. Hopefully you can make the Car Show tomorrow 8/4/01

[Modified by cynthia, 8:59 AM 8/3/2001]
Old 08-03-2001, 12:28 PM
vettfixr
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: (cynthia) Just do it

Hi Cindy
A few weeks back I did a post here on Meguiars vs. Zaino. You can probably do a search on my username and find it. But the short story is even on a black lacquer car it made a world of difference compared to Meguiars. The durability and lack of dust is just incredible. I'm sorry I didn't use it sooner. It goes on and off easy and just lasts and lasts. You won't be sorry if you make the plunge.Good luck. :seeya
Old 08-03-2001, 02:50 PM
Mandrake
Racer

Cruise-In II Veteran

Actually this is Anji (It's OK.)

We bought ours directly from Sal since we couldn't get a hold of the local Indy rep. Our box was here in about a week if I remember correctly. We also picked some up at the Cruise-In from RAT (one of the Houston reps). Fred and Alta just bought some over Labor Day at the Cruise-In so they are newbies to it too.

I would get:
Z-1 (polish lock)
Z-2 (polish)
Z-5 (scratch remover) definately a must with your dark car
Z-6 (detailing spray) great for that last detail cleaning at the car show and between coats of polish
Z-7 (car wash)
Z-18 (clay bar) to remove the bugs, tar, gum from parades, sap, road grime...

Sal also sells applicator pads that are really nice and you don't have to worry if they are going to scratch your clear coat.

This may seem like a lot but it lasts a long time. Unless you are like Gene and are polishing your car every other day. We had some really bad scratches on ours so we have use quite a bit of Z-5 and we used too much when we started but we are still on the first bottle.

A bunch of things have come in at work and we need to spend some time there. We will probably stop by but not enter the show. The construction industry, vette clubs, and summer just don't mix. I really need to drop one. I'll let you guess which.
Old 08-05-2001, 09:46 AM
ASTROS
Drifting

Default Re: (Mandrake)

you will love it

Get notified of new replies

To Zaino, Zaino, Zaino

Quick Reply: Zaino, Zaino, Zaino