Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Looking for help with car products.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 06:46 PM
luvchevs
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Looking for help with car products.

Want to make my almost new 2010 GS look as good as I can without a ton of time and effort.
Looking for recommendations on products to consider using to get the Torch Red paint to POP and keep it looking good.
The car is a weekend cruiser and is garaged when not being driven.

Dave
Old 09-04-2012, 06:56 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

You will find numerous positive reviews on our Blackfire, Wolfgang, and Pinnacle lines. All will make your red pop and look deep and delicious. You can also find a "detailing how-to" in our toolbar to help.

www.autogeek.net
Old 09-05-2012, 10:36 AM
luvchevs
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
You will find numerous positive reviews on our Blackfire, Wolfgang, and Pinnacle lines. All will make your red pop and look deep and delicious. You can also find a "detailing how-to" in our toolbar to help.

www.autogeek.net
Thanks for your reply.
I have a brand new bottle of NXT 2.0 is this considered sealant or wax?
What product would you recommend I use before this to prep/polish the paint?

Dave
Old 09-05-2012, 10:46 AM
CyberGrayGS
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I recently started using Wolfgang Fuzion, and Deep Gloss Spritz Sealant, and am very pleased with the results. My car is a garage queen, driven mostly on weekends, and for pleasure.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:55 PM
CheckeredFlag
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

NXT 2.0 is a synthetic paint sealer

works great on dark paint- should look great on your red ride
Old 09-05-2012, 01:40 PM
0David-Fermani
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by luvchevs
Want to make my almost new 2010 GS look as good as I can without a ton of time and effort.
Looking for recommendations on products to consider using to get the Torch Red paint to POP and keep it looking good.
The car is a weekend cruiser and is garaged when not being driven.

Dave
Hi Dave - it is easy to recommend products to buy, but it is never the product that makes paint pop. It is the operator of the polisher etc...

So instead of trying to push what I sell, I'd ask what shape the paint is in.

You will never get the best out of your paint, if it isn't 100% swirl and scratch free. (or very close to it)

Personally, I prefer a deeper, wetter look, over shiny.

That is why I stuck to the HD line of products after I tried them 3 years ago.

See if you like the look. This was an all out detail, so I used HD UNO, HD POLISH, HD SPEED and HD POXY

PS: not sure how close this color is to yours though.

P1090419 by savingspaces33, on Flickr

P1090418 by savingspaces33, on Flickr
Old 09-05-2012, 07:50 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by luvchevs
Thanks for your reply.
I have a brand new bottle of NXT 2.0 is this considered sealant or wax?
What product would you recommend I use before this to prep/polish the paint?

Dave
NXT and NXT 2.0 are indeed sealants (synthetic waxes). They contain a very light cleaner so that it can be used by itself as an AIO product.

I would however suggest at the least properly cleaning paint and I much prefer polishing. Polishing isnt always about deep heavy polishes and swirl removers. Alot of nice finishes can stand a finishing polish or one step before their wax or sealant of choice.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:52 PM
Kvothe
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

I was using Megs NXT 2.0 and liked it but with all the Zaino talk on here I wanted to try it. I like it more than the Megs. It has that extra wow factor to it. Don't believe all the hype about it being difficult to apply. It really isn't. I will say since changing to Zaino there is less dust on my car.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:41 AM
c6vetteinhouston
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

All you will need is the following:

Clay Bar: Z-18 ClayBar

For a polish: Meguiars Mirror Glaze #2 Fine Cut Cleaner

Pre-wax cleaner: Griot's Garage Paint Prep 35 oz.

Sealants: Z-5 PRO Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches and Z-CS Clear Seal

Detail Spray: Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray
Old 09-10-2012, 12:42 PM
tampatopless
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Since you have already bought it, the NXT will work nicely. In fact, it's one of the best store-bought products out there. Go ahead and use that about every month or six weeks, maybe even longer if you don't drive as much or you don't run into a lot of weather.

In between, when you wash, you can use the Meg's Quick Wax, which is a complementary product to the NXT. It's a wipe on, wipe off product.

Then, when you are done with the NXT, you can try some of the other products. AutoGeek is good because they sell a lot of those Pinnacle, Wolfgang and Blackfire products in small sample sizes, which is good for about one application. That way you get to try it out without investing a whole lot. You can also try the Zaino method as well and the guy selling 3d products seems to have some good stuff.

I think you ought to try and avoid sinking a ton of money in car care product in the beginning (like I did).

The whole key, however, is the prep, which means clay, polish, etc. However, since you have a '12, you ought to be in pretty good shape with just a Dawn wash and some NXT. Be sure and use that NXT on the wheels as well.

Last edited by tampatopless; 09-10-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:55 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

If you find NXT 2.0 to suffer a little bit in durability (length of protection) consider using their spray booster or Megs Spray Sealant to keep it up. Its nothing more than a spritz and buff after a wash.

http://www.autogeek.net/mg12824.html
Old 09-16-2012, 08:03 AM
black match box
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

I have just used WOLFGANG product this past week and it went on easaly, I used the glaze, and than I applied the paint sealent, the depth of the shine is amazing, my car is blk. I did apply it with the 2474 buffer. this stuff is great. got it from autogeeks. $119. the only thing I did not like was the shipping charge. $20. they should look into US Mail if it fits it ships. for only $6. but the product is very good, the best that I have ever used.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:51 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by black match box
I have just used WOLFGANG product this past week and it went on easaly, I used the glaze, and than I applied the paint sealent, the depth of the shine is amazing, my car is blk. I did apply it with the 2474 buffer. this stuff is great. got it from autogeeks. $119. the only thing I did not like was the shipping charge. $20. they should look into US Mail if it fits it ships. for only $6. but the product is very good, the best that I have ever used.

Keep an eye out as we offer alot of sales that include free shipping in the Continental US also. I often also suggest using the BOGO and Free Sample area to bring up the total value of an order.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for help with car products.

Quick Reply: Looking for help with car products.