Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Topcoat - anyone try it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 11:24 AM
TGO
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Topcoat - anyone try it?

I've been seeing ads for this stuff a lot. Anyone use it?

https://topcoat.store/

http://ducora.com/SHOPSITE/product2.html

can't seem to link to their FB page

Last edited by TGO; 03-25-2017 at 11:27 AM.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:08 PM
bonzo
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I'm interested too. I do have a biker friend that did his black bike and man it's a mirror shine. Just did it so not sure how long it lasts. I only saw the pics I haven't spoken to him. The other thing that kinda scares me is while watching the video it says that it seals up all those micro gaps in your paint. Kind of like after you clay your car. So I guess what I'm getting at is it sounds like the car needs to be near perfect then have this applied to seal it/ coat t. Otherwise I think it's just covering over those micro grooves that supposedly have dirt in them?? Am I crazy?
Old 03-27-2017, 02:46 AM
TGO
Safety Car

I would do a paint correction before applying for sure. There's a lot of pictures of cars on their fb page with tons of swirls.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:26 AM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,252 Likes on 916 Posts

Originally Posted by TGO
I would do a paint correction before applying for sure. There's a lot of pictures of cars on their fb page with tons of swirls.
The paint must be free of any imperfections prior to applying any sealer product. If not corrected you are just sealing in the imperfections and in many cases it will look worse than what you started with due to the increased light refraction off the swirls, scratches etc. Always correct first.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:44 PM
bonzo
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Just posted this on another thread but I bit the bullet and tried it. I just did a quick wash and then top coat entire car with exception of turneau cover attaching pics.

Quick wash no waxes added.

Trunk done, vert cover not

Inside the garage with a cell phone camera. The car took less than 20 minutes to do.
Old 04-01-2017, 12:13 AM
TGO
Safety Car

Have you had it on long enough to see any benefit with keeping the car clean? My main goal is to not have to wash/wax as often without spending hundreds on a ceramic coating.

Get notified of new replies

To Topcoat - anyone try it?

Quick Reply: Topcoat - anyone try it?