Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

How to Eliminate 5 Common Stains in Your Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 01:36 PM
Curated Content Editor
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 915 Likes on 461 Posts
Default How to Eliminate 5 Common Stains in Your Corvette

How to Eliminate 5 Common Stains in Your Corvette
By Conor Fynes

Old 04-10-2017, 01:32 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Good Lord, what a pathetic article. You need to understand what you are posting, not slap crap out here.
Let'see I own a high end detailing shop in Silicon Valley and found
1)Clay Bar DOES NOT remove all rust stains. It may take the correct compound to make it right. Have had many, many white cars look like a leopard after clay barring that still had rust spots
2) Vinegar and water spray and elbow grease is a great way to create massive scratches in the paint. It is difficult at best for someone to determine if the water stain has etched the clear coat. I cannot even begin to count the number of cars we have had in my shop where an amateur tried to fix that situation and made a complete mess of the paint.
3) will go along with the WD-40, it works.
4) is right on the money, although a good leather cleaner will get ground in dirt
5) Annual waxing- Really, show me a wax that lasts more than a few weeks on a daily driver or a few months on a garage queen. A very common misconception.
I get many, many products due to my reputation as a detailer and have yet to find anything, other than the products I use last a year.

Last edited by Grzldvt1; 04-10-2017 at 01:32 AM.

Quick Reply: How to Eliminate 5 Common Stains in Your Corvette