Notices
Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ceramic Pro Silver Package

Old 04-29-2018, 10:39 AM
PG County Boy
CF Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Ceramic Pro Silver Package

I received a quote from a local detailer that has nothing but top reviews for their work. It is for my '19 GS and it is the Ceramic Pro Silver Package, which includes washing the vehicle, mechanical and/or chemical decontamination of paint, one step machine polish paint, solvent bath to remove wax, grease, oils, 1 layer of 9H Glass Shield, 1 layer CP Light, 1 layer of 9H on plastic and trim, 1 layer of Ceramic Pro on face of wheels, 1 layer of Rain on windshield and front side windows, and a 5 Year warranty. My car is only one month old. Cost is $1,700. I'm starting to have second thoughts and I'll explain why. Almost all the vehicles I've owned the past 15 years have had PPF on them. In one instance the PPF saved the finish after some person angry at the world keyed across the front of the vehicle above the grill. For the PPF, I feel the finish of my vehicle would be better protected than the ceramic coating. And since my '19 GS is a DD, that is of primary concern - no garage queen here! I like the aspect of the ceramic coating and how much better it would make the finish look, as well as repel some dirt. Another consideration of mine is that I don't typically hold on to cars very long (three to four years at most, and then on to another).

I asked this same detailer how much would they charge to 3M wrap the front, full hood, full front fenders, and side mirrors, and was quoted $2,000. Wow, I've had a LOT of cars wrapped the same way up in the higher cost DC area, and most of the time I paid between $1,500 to $1,700. I don't understand why the detailer here in central Florida charges more. The detailer offered to just wrap the most likely areas that could be damaged by rock chips and such, which would only be a portion of the hood and same area alongside the front fenders, but include full front and side mirrors. That would probably be several hundred dollars. I'd like to hear from the group on the pros and cons of both, given my situation of daily driving the car. Thanks!
Old 04-29-2018, 01:44 PM
YO-EL
CF Senior Member

Received 223 Likes on 137 Posts

I think the quote is spot on given the amount of work and product they are applying!
Your car will look outstanding!

Not a big PPF guy..
I thinks it "dulls" the finish slightly,,,and adds a plasticy type appearance which I am not found of... Cars without it will "pop" much more... (my opinion)

Unless you're highway driving behind 18 wheelers, I don't see the need for PPF..
(again, my opinion)

Last edited by YO-EL; 04-29-2018 at 01:46 PM.
Old 04-29-2018, 01:53 PM
leftyf16
CF Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Having the new expel plus put on my Z in AZ for $1825. Full front, mirrors, and rockers. Experienced installer.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:33 AM
charley95
CF Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Ceramic will not protect better than PPF. I have ExPel on mine and it appears it has more gloss than the paint itself.
Old 05-13-2018, 06:48 AM
PG County Boy
CF Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Just had the Ceramic Pro Silver Package applied, which included the wheels off, and 3M PPF for the front, partial hood/fenders, and side mirrors. It also included a lot of preparatory work before the ceramic coating was applied.

The following users liked this post:
ronkh57 (05-13-2018)
Old 06-07-2018, 06:26 AM
Bennett4160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PG County Boy View Post
Just had the Ceramic Pro Silver Package applied, which included the wheels off, and 3M PPF for the front, partial hood/fenders, and side mirrors. It also included a lot of preparatory work before the ceramic coating was applied.

I have an appointment to do the same for my 2019 GS. I hope it's worth the $3K.
Old 04-30-2019, 05:07 PM
bankers1
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Ceramic Pro Gold

Originally Posted by Bennett4160 View Post
I have an appointment to do the same for my 2019 GS. I hope it's worth the $3K.
I just got my 17 GS Z07 back. A 6 coat process, 3 days in the shop $ 3,200......But I had some Tension Blue and Carbon Fiber look alike film replaced as well. Wheels "off". I guess in the North they detail guys have to make $$$ in the Spring and summer, our nice cars are off the road 3 months a year.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ceramic Pro Silver Package

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: