Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

XPEL/Opti-coat

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 06:39 PM
Hardbally
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XPEL/Opti-coat

I'm going to be taking my car in for detailing pretty soon and I'm interested in the opinions on the forum of people that have used a combination of XPEL and/or Opti-Coat plus for their car. I have a 2016 Shark gray Z06 and I watched a video of one being fully wrapped with XPEL with Opti-coat over it. The car looked incredible!
I haven't even tried to price something like that but I'm guessing it would be in the range of 7K or more.

I don't expect my car to look like that one but I would appreciate some advise from you folks as to my best options. I live in the Phoenix area and another member
recommended Rolling Arts Motorsports. I talked to them yesterday and they said I am looking at $1600 for the Opti-Coat. I'm fine with that but I want to know what ya'll think. My gut tells me to go with Opti-Coat for the car with an XPEL front wrap.

I'm ignorant and need to be educated on this matter.

Old 07-01-2018, 11:36 PM
Innovate
Drifting

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Opti-Coat Pro has an MSRP of $1199. Where are you located? That would drive market value for the coating.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:34 PM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Received 271 Likes on 159 Posts

Default Xpel

Originally Posted by Hardbally
I'm going to be taking my car in for detailing pretty soon and I'm interested in the opinions on the forum of people that have used a combination of XPEL and/or Opti-Coat plus for their car. I have a 2016 Shark gray Z06 and I watched a video of one being fully wrapped with XPEL with Opti-coat over it. The car looked incredible!
I haven't even tried to price something like that but I'm guessing it would be in the range of 7K or more.

I don't expect my car to look like that one but I would appreciate some advise from you folks as to my best options. I live in the Phoenix area and another member
recommended Rolling Arts Motorsports. I talked to them yesterday and they said I am looking at $1600 for the Opti-Coat. I'm fine with that but I want to know what ya'll think. My gut tells me to go with Opti-Coat for the car with an XPEL front wrap.

I'm ignorant and need to be educated on this matter.
Hardbally,

The most popular and recommended steps are to apply XPEL to all of the high impact areas of the car. For a Corvette, these include the full front end and rocker panels including behind the rear wheels. Once those areas are protected, you can then choose to get a ceramic coating installed on top of the XPEL. If you need help finding an installer nearest you, please visit our XPEL Locator to find a Certified installer - XPEL in Phoenix.

Be sure to ask for our new ULTIMATE PLUS film as it's the industries clearest and most durable film.

Old 07-03-2018, 09:20 AM
gnawbone
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

What is the 'ballpark' price for installation. I know it will vary from place to place but what range could I expect to see?
Old 07-03-2018, 10:40 AM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Default Xpel

Originally Posted by gnawbone
What is the 'ballpark' price for installation. I know it will vary from place to place but what range could I expect to see?
gnawbone,

As pricing varies based on labor rates, installer experience, etc...I can only provide a general range.

For a full front end package (full hood, full front fenders, front bumper, headlights, and side mirrors) - $1,895 to $2,195.

Full front end with rocker panel (same as above, plus rocker panel coverage including bottom of the door and behind the rear wheel) - $2,495 to $2,695.

*Please note pricing varies also based on if you have splitters, side skirts, etc...This pricing is industry standard pricing, if you get quotes much lower than this, I would be weary and make sure you're getting a quality installation.*
Old 07-04-2018, 10:47 PM
Hardbally
Heel & Toe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XPEL
gnawbone,

As pricing varies based on labor rates, installer experience, etc...I can only provide a general range.

For a full front end package (full hood, full front fenders, front bumper, headlights, and side mirrors) - $1,895 to $2,195.

Full front end with rocker panel (same as above, plus rocker panel coverage including bottom of the door and behind the rear wheel) - $2,495 to $2,695.

*Please note pricing varies also based on if you have splitters, side skirts, etc...This pricing is industry standard pricing, if you get quotes much lower than this, I would be weary and make sure you're getting a quality installation.*
What would it cost to purchase the product from XPEL for the full frontal package and DIY? Of course understanding that it wouldn't be be backed by an XPEL warranty?
Old 07-05-2018, 09:55 AM
XPEL
Supporting Vendor

Default Xpel

Originally Posted by Hardbally
What would it cost to purchase the product from XPEL for the full frontal package and DIY? Of course understanding that it wouldn't be be backed by an XPEL warranty?
Hardbally,

For costs on DIY you can visit our website and go through the Kit Search for your vehicle - XPEL Corvette Pre-Cut Kits. Our warranty covers anything the film might happen to do such as yellowing, staining, bubbling, cracking, that sort of thing. If you were to DIY install and have issues with the install then that's not something we would cover anyway as the installer is responsible for workmanship issues. All of that said, we HIGHLY recommend taking your car to a certified XPEL installer. For a list of installers nearest you, visit our XPEL Dealer Locator.

To better answer your question though, to buy the Pre-Cut Kits for the full frontal with headlights for a 2018 Z06 would be about $1,800 in material. You'd then have to find a clean place to install, and then purchase the installation tools. Not to mention the headache of having to redo something if you were to make an error and start over. So it really is best to just find an installer as a full frontal install ranges between $1,895 and $2,195.

Hope this helps, let us know if we can answer any questions.

Get notified of new replies

To XPEL/Opti-coat

Quick Reply: XPEL/Opti-coat