Notices
Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kamikaze Miyabi - Wipe down after a drive

Old 05-02-2019, 08:08 PM
ssmith512
CF Senior Member

Received 117 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Kamikaze Miyabi - Wipe down after a drive

Greetings All!

I am getting ready to do my first ever ceramic coating on my new '19 Arctic White Z. Thanks to the wonderful suggestions provided by the experts here in this forum, I have decided on Kamikaze Miyabi Coat for my first go at this.

My car is a nice day weekend warrior, so it never really gets "dirty", but definitely gets "dusty" after an afternoons drive around town. So my question is this, after a day's drive, and while it is sitting in the garage waiting for the next nice day's adventure, what product do you recommend as a "quick detail" like product I can use regularly to wipe down and "de-dust" the car after each drive? My research tells me not to use your typical "quick detail" type products as most of them contain waxes or shine enhancers, etc. that can build up over time and reduce the effectiveness of the ceramic coating.

My last car was a Carbon Flash Metallic C6 Grand Sport and I was pleased with how the Adam's Detail Spray (the pink stuff) worked for me on that car (it was not ceramic coated, I kept it waxed), but I am not certain that is the product I want to use on my new ceramic coated car.

Would appreciate any advice/suggestions you all can offer.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 05-03-2019, 06:34 AM
yamabob
CF Senior Member

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

You can use N 914 diluted down to QD strength for those quick needs. A monthly wipe down with Overcoat with re-freshen and extend that coating
Old 05-03-2019, 10:18 AM
dfettero
CF Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Adams Waterless Wash

I use Adam's Waterless Wash for quick detailing on my ceramic coat.
It has no waxes or gloss enhancing polymers.
They have a new ceramic waterless wash spray but I find its streaky.

Originally Posted by ssmith512 View Post
Greetings All!

I am getting ready to do my first ever ceramic coating on my new '19 Arctic White Z. Thanks to the wonderful suggestions provided by the experts here in this forum, I have decided on Kamikaze Miyabi Coat for my first go at this.

My car is a nice day weekend warrior, so it never really gets "dirty", but definitely gets "dusty" after an afternoons drive around town. So my question is this, after a day's drive, and while it is sitting in the garage waiting for the next nice day's adventure, what product do you recommend as a "quick detail" like product I can use regularly to wipe down and "de-dust" the car after each drive? My research tells me not to use your typical "quick detail" type products as most of them contain waxes or shine enhancers, etc. that can build up over time and reduce the effectiveness of the ceramic coating.

My last car was a Carbon Flash Metallic C6 Grand Sport and I was pleased with how the Adam's Detail Spray (the pink stuff) worked for me on that car (it was not ceramic coated, I kept it waxed), but I am not certain that is the product I want to use on my new ceramic coated car.

Would appreciate any advice/suggestions you all can offer.

Thanks in advance!!
The following users liked this post:
FYRARMS (05-03-2019)
Old 05-03-2019, 01:43 PM
FYRARMS
CF Senior Member

Received 532 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmith512 View Post
I was pleased with how the Adam's Detail Spray (the pink stuff) worked for me on that car (it was not ceramic coated, I kept it waxed), but I am not certain that is the product I want to use on my new ceramic coated car.
Adam's Detail Spray is a great product, but not for ceramic coatings. It contains a small amount of wax. You can use some fully-synthetic detail sprays on the market, but stay away from the ones that claim to add any "protection". That will take away from your coating's hydrophobic qualities. I would stick to ceramic-friendly sprays that are meant to be used as "toppers". Jax Wax has a "Ceramic Detailer" that has good reviews, and Dinowax has a product called "Serum Boost" which is a really good value. I have used it on top of a sealant application, and it worked really well.
ssg10587 (05-03-2019)
Old 05-03-2019, 03:11 PM
vader86
CF Senior Member

Received 291 Likes on 247 Posts

I've never bothered to dust it between washes, and for washes I may help dry with Overcoat. I don't know of anything i'd use for this except a damp cloth
Old 05-03-2019, 06:06 PM
justplainjim
CF Senior Member

Received 171 Likes on 137 Posts

I use Chadwick's Triple Play with great results on the Miyabi coat..
Old 05-04-2019, 07:30 AM
charley95
CF Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Of all the detail sprays I've used,I find Kenotec works best for me. It's by far the easiest to remove of all that I've tried. Not sure if it's good for ceramic coating.
Old 05-04-2019, 03:04 PM
FYRARMS
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by charley95 View Post
Of all the detail sprays I've used,I find Kenotec works best for me.
One of my favorites! Just bought another bottle. Detailed Image had them on sale for $16.95 and free shipping!
Old 05-05-2019, 07:04 AM
ssmith512
CF Senior Member

Received 117 Likes on 81 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions friends!

Anyone have any experience with PoorBoys Spray and Wipe Waterless Wash?
Old 05-05-2019, 08:42 AM
yamabob
CF Senior Member

Yes. Another option that will clean up and not alter the LSP. I use to get any bird droppings. Their Bug Squash is pretty dang good too.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:19 PM
FYRARMS
CF Senior Member

I use a lot of Poorboy's World products. Great quality for the price point, for sure.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:48 AM
endus
CF Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

If you want to keep the car swirl free, don't wipe the paint if it hasn't been washed. It's that simple.

My approach to detailing is to do everything I can to minimize damage so I don't have to polish the car more than once every two years or so. Your mileage may vary - some people don't mind or even like putting more work into it.

Last edited by endus; 05-06-2019 at 09:49 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by endus:
FYRARMS (05-06-2019), stig-zzz (05-08-2019)
Old 05-06-2019, 10:56 AM
BudgetPlan1
CF Senior Member

Received 189 Likes on 132 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

Originally Posted by endus View Post
If you want to keep the car swirl free, don't wipe the paint if it hasn't been washed. It's that simple.

My approach to detailing is to do everything I can to minimize damage so I don't have to polish the car more than once every two years or so. Your mileage may vary - some people don't mind or even like putting more work into it.
Sometimes doing nothing is better than doing something...
FYRARMS (05-06-2019)
Old 05-06-2019, 02:47 PM
yamabob
CF Senior Member

^^ Now that is classic^^
BudgetPlan1 (05-10-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kamikaze Miyabi - Wipe down after a drive

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: