Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Is Major STOPPABLE?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 07:50 PM
Paul_Z06
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Is Major STOPPABLE?

After having watched Paul's car for the third time I am extremely impressed with the finished (almost) product and I feel that he put a pretty big distance between his car and anything currently running (maybe with the exception of Mitchell) or in the works. Even if I kept my car and gone through with my plans to make some changes I'd still be about 1/2 second off his pace. To put a car in the 7s is impressive enough but this guy is going deeper and deeper into 7s.

Having said that, who's gonna stop Paul? I'm betting nobody is going to challenge him for at least one more year. Anyone think otherwise?
Old 11-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Just a Fan !!!
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He looks great!!! I'm impressed with his driving (going from 9.20s to 7.50 with that speed)!!! The car is sick!!! I see him being on top for a long time!!!! Good for you Pauleee!!! "Change the name"
Major Boost!!!!
Old 11-05-2006, 09:57 PM
Major Spray
Drifting

Default Guys this drag racing anything can happen

Thanks for all the props guys but you guys need to look at our points race. 4 different winners how many lead changes. This is drag racing and **** always happens when you least expect it. The faster you go the more likely you are going to have issues. The Low ET crew has yet to get that beast ironed out and its just a matter of time we all know that. Valla racing has all the power he needs to take me out just needs to plant it. remember that car went 8.0 how? He took a ton of power out and got it down the track. Yesterday he went the other way he saw my numbers and went back to over powering the car and the track. The car is at Leo's for a setup and some input. Watch that car.
Billy got in his car for the very first time this season with a whole new setup and blasted off a sloppy pass at over 160mph now that mph is showing me mid at low eight at the very least on his very first day behind the wheel of a turbo car. Mike C. showed up with a car that can out class us all the car is set up to run. I have no dought he is already working on a power plant to put him in the show. Marc Shaw has alway managed to go the rounds now sitting on the side watching and plotting. He will be there. Allan now he has been racing every event he can getting the seat time in so he could drive that green beast the minute it hits the track. I know ESC is feeling the heat and they will come up with something to try and take me out. Now Paulie boy he can't keep borrowing cars to trying to stop the cravings its only a matter of time before he cracks. Mike R is already talking about a bigger turbo and a new 8 sec goal. That should hold him for how long?
We also have Greg C. and Keith V. I could keep going but I think I made my point Paul M. Is not running away with anything

Lets keep rasing that bar and remember records are ment to be broken
Old 11-05-2006, 10:13 PM
asmokegars
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'06-'07-'08

Originally Posted by Major Spray
Thanks for all the props guys but you guys need to look at our points race. 4 different winners how many lead changes. This is drag racing and **** always happens when you least expect it. The faster you go the more likely you are going to have issues. The Low ET crew has yet to get that beast ironed out and its just a matter of time we all know that. Valla racing has all the power he needs to take me out just needs to plant it. remember that car went 8.0 how? He took a ton of power out and got it down the track. Yesterday he went the other way he saw my numbers and went back to over powering the car and the track. The car is at Leo's for a setup and some input. Watch that car.
Billy got in his car for the very first time this season with a whole new setup and blasted off a sloppy pass at over 160mph now that mph is showing me mid at low eight at the very least on his very first day behind the wheel of a turbo car. Mike C. showed up with a car that can out class us all the car is set up to run. I have no dought he is already working on a power plant to put him in the show. Marc Shaw has alway managed to go the rounds now sitting on the side watching and plotting. He will be there. Allan now he has been racing every event he can getting the seat time in so he could drive that green beast the minute it hits the track. I know ESC is feeling the heat and they will come up with something to try and take me out. Now Paulie boy he can't keep borrowing cars to trying to stop the cravings its only a matter of time before he cracks. Mike R is already talking about a bigger turbo and a new 8 sec goal. That should hold him for how long?
We also have Greg C. and Keith V. I could keep going but I think I made my point Paul M. Is not running away with anything

Old 11-06-2006, 06:10 AM
Paul_Z06
Safety Car

Well, lookie here, Paulie can be politically correct when he wants to

That was well put and stroked everyone's ego but I still think the gap is going to be quite large next year. Why? Because YOU aren't done either.

Hey, can I drive your car at the next event?
Old 11-06-2006, 09:13 AM
lowets
Racer

Default Wow

THAT WAS DEEP!
Old 11-06-2006, 09:38 AM
Just a Fan !!!
Instructor

Not only can he drive, but he writes to!!!!

One of his kids must of helped him write that!!!!

Good job Paulee

Last edited by Just a Fan !!!; 11-06-2006 at 10:02 AM.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:49 AM
Paul_Z06
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Just a Fan !!!
Not only can he drive, but he wrights to!!!!

One of his kids must of helped him wright that!!!!

Good job Paulee

I just hope he can spare his kids on the weekends so they can tutor you in remedial English and help you "wright" better. Am I wright or am I right? I'm always write
Old 11-06-2006, 09:54 AM
Just a Fan !!!
Instructor

Originally Posted by Paul_Z06
I just hope he can spare his kids on the weekends so they can tutor you in remedial English and help you "wright" better. Am I wright or am I right? I'm always write
Oh we all wish we were as good as you Paul Z. <---Cool Guy!!!
Old 11-06-2006, 10:03 AM
Just a Fan !!!
Instructor

Originally Posted by Paul_Z06
Is that more gooder
Old 11-06-2006, 11:07 AM
STEALTH 99 C5
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Now I'm really motivated I'll be having a meeting with Julio and Dave this week .
Old 11-06-2006, 09:28 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by STEALTH 99 C5
Now I'm really motivated I'll be having a meeting with Julio and Dave this week .
Are you also gonna talk to Smith Barny or Bill Gates
Old 11-06-2006, 10:21 PM
tensecvet
Burning Brakes

Angelo wins this year

Major wins next year,
unless

8.50 index

Mitchells get their scoop

1 of the other guys hit the lottery

Majors car is unstoppable faster-n-faster
Old 11-06-2006, 10:23 PM
kwikfix91
Pro

paulie, it was a great time being part of the crew on sat- that car really screams-all you guys did a fantastic job on the build and you drive it well. joey
Old 11-10-2006, 06:59 AM
0Carmen@TheVetteDoctors
Former Vendor

Location: Amityville 2010 & 2011 NMCA Late Model EFI Champions BEST Service & the BEST prices on the EastCoast

Default Is Major STOPPABLE

NO

Who knows whats next.
He's talking more turbos.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:23 AM
cyclerage23
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheVetteDoctors
NO

Who knows whats next.
He's talking more turbos.
Sure, why not?? How about 1 per wheel?
Old 11-10-2006, 03:52 PM
lowets
Racer

Default Stop or else

Thats what my wife keeps telling me. no car work on the boat, work on the boat, work on the boat ohhhh its killing me stop, stop, stop, I cant take the pressure!!!!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Is Major STOPPABLE?

Quick Reply: Is Major STOPPABLE?