Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Atco 8.50...HERE we come...Boweryboy Debut

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 02:51 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

Default Atco 8.50...HERE we come...Boweryboy Debut

If you all are looking from of the hottest/fastest heads-up racing, it's happening at Atco....TONIGHT!!!!

Took the afternnon off to ride down with Boweryboy to display his 8.50 Vette Doctors Performance C5.

Those guys are in for a little surprise!!!

Join us if you can...gates open 4:30 and qualifying starts at 6 PM

Tonight 8/16/07
Old 08-16-2007, 03:28 PM
98NYFINESTVETTE
Le Mans Master

Location: 10.70 @ 124mph, Stock Bottom End @ 3620lbs, ECS Racing Team Member. The 1st NMCA LSX Index Rumble World Champion. 2011,12,13 Champion

Good Luck.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:29 PM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Have fun
Old 08-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Turbo Bob
Melting Slicks

Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts
Corvette Challenge Champ-01
Dragster Challenge Champ-06

Good luck Bill and be safe.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:11 PM
INSANITY
Melting Slicks

I wish I knew you guys were going I would have met ya there from work... Good luck Billy.. Those boys over there dont mess around....
Old 08-17-2007, 08:10 AM
mackeyred96
Team Owner

Location: Former NCM Drag Racing coordinator, National director Corvette Challenge Spring Hill, Tennessee: Whiting, New Jersey
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Any result
Old 08-17-2007, 10:10 AM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

Originally Posted by INSANITY
I wish I knew you guys were going I would have met ya there from work... Good luck Billy.. Those boys over there dont mess around....
So when I told you on Monday you didn't know?
Old 08-17-2007, 10:13 AM
REDGAR
Team Owner

CI VI Drag Champ!

We had a great time. Bill quailified 10th out of 20 and went to the second round before he was eliminated by five thousandths of a second by the current 8.50 index points leader and Maple Grove Pinks All Out winner, John Razzler.

Bill and gained some respect for his himself and the Corvette when his car was one of only a couple that had no wheelie bars and certainly was the most street looking car in the lot.

Race report will be on gdr by the weekend but I am going away and leaving the laptop home so Chris when you see it over there please like it here brother
Old 08-17-2007, 10:53 AM
boweryboy
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In II Veteran

Hey guys,

Last night was a blast! My Vette ran great and posted the top MPH of 16 qualifiers! I averaged 167MPH and when I eliminate my first qualifing run (I pushed through the lights) I averaged 8.62 on my next 3 runs.

The field of 16 was seperated by only a few tenths (8.52 to 8.7x) and my 2nd qualifying run of 8.67 was 10th.

I was fortunate in the first round to get a win when I saw my opponent push through the lights (Deep staging which is prohibited) and red lit. I backed off and ran a 8.64 .

In the next round I was up against John Razzler who the series points leader. When I met him in the staging area before the race, I don't believe he took my car very seriously. When you compare my car to his I could see why . He has 1 bad *** Camaro. His car is definately a 1st class ride and looks like an all out track car with a full funny car cage, huge hood scoop, huge tires, wheelie bars and wing. Compare that to my street vette with stock body and suspension and I am not sure I would take me serious either .

As we staged, John did a real nice full burnout to the 330' mark. I did a conservative burnout and waited at the lights for him to back up. I lit the top bulb and waited for John. He lit his top and then I nudged in. He nudged in and we had a very fair and nice stage. The tree went yellow and I tried to hit the tree hard. I felt like I left right with him. As it turns out he had a .063 light vs my .065.

John got out on me with a better 60 foot (1.35 vs my 1.43). He seemed to pull 3 cars on me by mid track but I started to gain on him. by the 1/8, I was really pulling hard on him but he was still ahead (5.49 vs my 5.67). By the 1000 foot I trimmed the lead by 1/2 (7.168 to my 7.262).

At the stripe I thought I caught him as I went flying by his nose at the stripe! However, John got back on it just in time to edge me out by a bumper! He beat me with his 8.604 @ 155.94 to my 8.607 @ 168.11! The win differential was .0059!

It was one of the better races I have ever been in and proved to be the highlite of the night. After the race John came over to my car and we shared the excitement of the race.

Overall the car ran great again! Thanks Edgar for helping me with the car tonight and Joe for stopping by to lend a hand.

A Special thanks again to The Vette Doctors, American Racing Headers and Turbo People for all the hard work and support! This is by far the baddest IRS Vette around!
Old 08-17-2007, 11:02 AM
Sequencer
Advanced

Originally Posted by boweryboy
Hey guys,

Last night was a blast! My Vette ran great and posted the top MPH of 16 qualifiers! I averaged 167MPH and when I eliminate my first qualifing run (I pushed through the lights) I averaged 8.62 on my next 3 runs.

The field of 16 was seperated by only a few tenths (8.52 to 8.7x) and my 2nd qualifying run of 8.67 was 10th.

I was fortunate in the first round to get a win when I saw my opponent push through the lights (Deep staging which is prohibited) and red lit. I backed off and ran a 8.64 .

In the next round I was up against John Razzler who the series points leader. When I met him in the staging area before the race, I don't believe he took my car very seriously. When you compare my car to his I could see why . He has 1 bad *** Camaro. His car is definately a 1st class ride and looks like an all out track car with a full funny car cage, huge hood scoop, huge tires, wheelie bars and wing. Compare that to my street vette with stock body and suspension and I am not sure I would take me serious either .

As we staged, John did a real nice full burnout to the 330' mark. I did a conservative burnout and waited at the lights for him to back up. I lit the top bulb and waited for John. He lit his top and then I nudged in. He nudged in and we had a very fair and nice stage. The tree went yellow and I tried to hit the tree hard. I felt like I left right with him. As it turns out he had a .063 light vs my .065.

John got out on me with a better 60 foot (1.35 vs my 1.43). He seemed to pull 3 cars on me by mid track but I started to gain on him. by the 1/8, I was really pulling hard on him but he was still ahead (5.49 vs my 5.67). By the 1000 foot I trimmed the lead by 1/2 (7.168 to my 7.262).

At the stripe I thought I caught him as I went flying by his nose at the stripe! However, John got back on it just in time to edge me out by a bumper! He beat me with his 8.604 @ 155.94 to my 8.607 @ 168.11! The win differential was .0059!

It was one of the better races I have ever been in and proved to be the highlite of the night. After the race John came over to my car and we shared the excitement of the race.

Overall the car ran great again! Thanks Edgar for helping me with the car tonight and Joe for stopping by to lend a hand.

A Special thanks again to The Vette Doctors, American Racing Headers and Turbo People for all the hard work and support! This is by far the baddest IRS Vette around!
Damn nice story...and 168 mph from a "grocery getter."
Old 08-17-2007, 11:05 AM
Major Spray
Drifting

Bill
Congrats on a great showing. It's great to see you racing out side the Pro 8.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:22 AM
INSANITY
Melting Slicks

Billy nice Job,Thats one tough bunch over there.... One of my favorite classes.. Nice race against Raz I think he won the last 3 or 4 races in a row+ winning the 10grand on pinks.... Way to represent
Old 08-17-2007, 12:22 PM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

Originally Posted by boweryboy
Hey guys,

Old 08-17-2007, 05:03 PM
Dave-T
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 08-17-2007, 05:51 PM
_twisted_
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great job Bill, it was fun to be there and help out too.

You did what you needed to do, when you needed too. That was a great light on a .4 pro tree.

Next time we'll be loaded for bear, excellent debut
Old 08-18-2007, 05:42 PM
0Carmen@TheVetteDoctors
Former Vendor

Location: Amityville 2010 & 2011 NMCA Late Model EFI Champions BEST Service & the BEST prices on the EastCoast

Nice Job
Bill
Old 08-18-2007, 06:19 PM
STEALTH 99 C5
Safety Car

Great job Bill , nice driving . I can't believe the IRS is holding up so well , how much boost are you leaving with ?

Get notified of new replies

To Atco 8.50...HERE we come...Boweryboy Debut

Old 08-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Bill Wilson
Pro

BILLY-
Nice race and great report - I'm sure you gained the respect of all the Atco racere with that performance.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:55 AM
onefast99
Melting Slicks

You have one of the fastest street vettes in the nation. Great job by all the Vette Drs crew. The main part of this success story is you Bill, I dont know of anyone more determined and humble. Your great sportsmanship and driving skills are a standout. Good luck the rest of the season.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:05 AM
black knight 06
Pro

Awesome job Billy, sounds like you had a blast

Quick Reply: Atco 8.50...HERE we come...Boweryboy Debut