Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Drag racing log book software

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 08:26 AM
key
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

16Again and Capthuff - thanks!

holley505 - I don't think you'll be disappointed. And like I said, if you don't like it, I'll give your money back.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:40 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Great idea, I'm going to buy the app now!

I've been logging my 471 runs to date in my C6 in a spreadsheet...can a save as a .csv and bulk upload it into the app?
Old 03-31-2012, 02:25 PM
key
Intermediate

Maybe, send it to me and I will take a look
Old 03-31-2012, 02:31 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by key
Maybe, send it to me and I will take a look
Whoa, I was kidding...but that would be wonderful! I've got most of the parameters already recorded that your site asks for.

What is your email addy?
Old 03-31-2012, 02:32 PM
key
Intermediate

Zdsmith at gmail dot com
Old 06-26-2012, 08:52 PM
key
Intermediate

Just FYI - I will be releasing a new version of RaceIQ for those of you who are using the Chrome version (i.e. PCs, Laptops, and Macs). This new release is going to have Run Completion and several other changes. It should be released within the next day or so. I will post when it is ready.

After that has been released I will be releasing the same new features for Android users. iOS users will have to wait a little longer as I'm still working on a workaround for what Apple has saddled me with

Thanks!
Zach
Old 12-20-2012, 07:15 AM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Any chance that you could write an update that auto-syncs the pc version and the android/iphone version? I like having backup data in the event my phone gets lost/stolen/destroyed/ect.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:17 PM
key
Intermediate

Originally Posted by HardcoreABN
Any chance that you could write an update that auto-syncs the pc version and the android/iphone version? I like having backup data in the event my phone gets lost/stolen/destroyed/ect.
Yes. RaceIQ 3.0 is going to be a big upgrade. I am changing a lot of stuff - the way backups work, synch'ing between devices, adding some big new features, interface changes, and also changing the pricing structure. It will still be dirt cheap, don't worry

3.0 will be a whole new app, however, so it won't just be an update to the old one. The old data will be able to be imported into 3.0 though.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:30 PM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

I'm happy to hear of the improvements.

I've gotta ask. I have the original app. Will I have to buy v3.0?
Old 12-20-2012, 09:39 PM
key
Intermediate

If you have the current version it will still be supported, I will do bug fixes on it, and you will still be able to use it. So you don't have to upgrade, and you won't have to pay for fixes.

If you see enough value in the updates of 3.0, you will have to purchase it. The pricing will be different though. My thought right now is that the pricing will take advantage of the subscription features of iTunes and Android. I have monthly expenses to run RaceIQ, so that model fits well with those expenditures. It will be a couple bucks a month, and if you subscribe you will get updates and new features as long as you keep the subscription. Kind of a perpetual "license" for the software.

Like any software package I need to bring in enough revenue to cover expenses. I am trying to do it as best I can for the users, while also not losing money on my end. Without plastering ads all over the app I think this approach is the best one available.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Quick Reply: Drag racing log book software