Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Cage Question for 08 C6

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 09:14 AM
davered00ss
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Cage Question for 08 C6

I'm expecting my car to run low 10's? 530's rwhp supercharged auto, base with widebooty.

I'm thinking about a 6pt cage install. Does it need to be padded? I don't race the car a lot and would like to paint it AO like the car.

Comments on what to expect on times would be great too. Tires are Bridgestone Potenza's stock Z06 size and rims, but plan on getting some et streets before I race.

Dave
Old 03-27-2017, 08:42 PM
trayack
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Stock tires are going to severely limit you...like, you're going to want to cry.

Once you get some drag radials (not NITTO) on there you'll be much happier.

1) A 6pt is not a cage, its a bar....Those of us that have spent an astronomical amount of money on well done cage's are a bit sensitive to people throwing that word around.

2) I think in another post you said you were in the New England area. If so, you could always try calling DMC Racing in Halifax for a quote on a 6pt bar with swingouts. Dennis does all my chassis/fab work and he is one of the best in the country...period. Truthfully, I'm not sure he'll have the time to do it at this point but he can always use half the measurements from my full cage to do you bar so that might make a difference.

3) If you're looking for something bolt in the will pass NHRA tech I'd go with the RSD 6pt bar. I used that in my C6 and it fit like a glove and the install was super easy. Took an afternoon start to finish. I took that car on Drag Week 2013 and the tech inspectors had zero issues with it down to 10.00, so you'll have no problems at NED or LVD.

4) If you get the RSD bar just get it raw, not powerder coated. When it comes just take it to a body shop and have it sprayed AO with a ton of clearcoat on it for durability.

5) Don't worry about the roll bar padding, its no big deal. Just get the good stuff from Jegs and it sticks right on the tubing, although I never ran any on my 6pt bar and no one seemed to have an issue with it.

- Travis

Last edited by trayack; 03-27-2017 at 08:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Cage Question for 08 C6