Drag Racing Results, Trap Speed, Reaction Time, Driving Technique, Tips for Running the Corvette in the ¼ & 1/8 mile, Events

Footbrake to Freedom event...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 06:34 AM
Fuzzy Dice
Race Director

Received 308 Likes on 138 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Footbrake to Freedom event...

is in the books...unfortunately me, 96 and big mike all stunk up the joint...lol...I towed up on thursday and it took 8 hours...we all got situated in the pits and had a great meal that night...the weather was nice and in the 70's...friday was cloudy and warm...the test n tune did go on as planned but it was very muggy...I did not participate but the other two guys did...a cold front came through that night and saturday dawned very different to say the least...<br /><br />Bright sunshine and 46* greeted us...brrrrrrr...30 degrees difference from friday...we headed over to the track for two $10 grand to win races off the foot...my one timeshot was good....6.62 with a slow light of .042...I decide to up my launch rpm to 2600...the field seems like nothing but sharks...he he...first round I line up with Lucas Walker out of kentucky, a serious hitter...he dials 5.55 to my 6.62...we both leave green...I don't see him near the stripe so I whomp real good...then another good one and finally a third time...oops!...at the last second he comes roaring up and takes the stripe by .009...I gave it back with that third whomp...grrrrrrr....I was .013 on the tree to his .015...good race but I goofed it up...<br /><br />Mike caught another hitter in "Bad" Brad Plourd out of texas...he was 24 on the tree to brad's 32 but he screwed up and took way too much stripe and broke out for the loss...96 lost on a missed dial...all three of us had to make the walk of shame and buy back for 100 bucks...in the re-run round I caught Charlie Lockhart...he dialed 5.92...I left 6.62 on my window...we leave green but he catches me way too early so I know I am in trouble...yup, I was .024 on the tree to his .002...bye bye fuzzy...Mike had a nice .016 light to his opponents .221...I guess he missed it, huh?...96 lost his race...<br /><br />Edmund Ellison out of Ohio won the first race and $10K...nice...they give us another time shot before the second race...I run a 6.65...in round one I get a guy with a real nice 64 shoebox chevy II....he is dialed 5.90...I must have missed the memo to bring a 5 second car...lmao!...I put 6.64 on my board as the DA is dropping fast...we pull through the water box and before we can do our burn out's they stop us...the guy before me dropped fuel in my lane...then, while cleaning that up, they decided to do a full track prep...we sat there for an hour...sigh...it is getting colder and colder by the minute...<br /><br />The track is finally ready and we do our burn out's....I launch and my car goes straight right and for the wall...I have to abort and idle down the track checking my drawers for stains...sheesh...that one was close to a wreck...I get my slip and ran a stunning 12.99...lol...I get back to my pit and the guys are laughing...I won that darn race...turns out he red lit but I was a little too busy to notice...holy guacamole'...on to round next...I line up with a malibu dialed 6.94...I have 6.64 on mine...he takes off green and I follow...we get to the stripe and I pass him like he is tied to a stump...this is not good...turns out he is going 4 over his dial and I am going 2 under mine...he takes the win...I was .026 on the tree to his .032...oh well...<br /><br />Sunday dawns and it is a lovely day...a bit warmer and no 20 mph cold wind...we do not get a time shot today so I go up for first round guessing a bit...I went 6.65 about and hour later the day before so I put a 6.64 on my board and hope for the best...I line up with a mustang dialed 6.14...I leave green and he does as well...he closes on me real fast and we hit the stripe together...sadly my car ran it's best time of the weekend, a 6.60...he won on a double breakout...that ended my event...turns out my car likes a little warmer weather and track temps...<br /><br />I had a nothing but fun and look forward to the Citrus Nationals over thanksgiving weekend at Palm Beach in two weeks... time...

Last edited by Fuzzy Dice; 11-12-2018 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:17 PM
C5 Pete
AMP Racing
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 466 Likes on 352 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2017 C5 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

Some big names you listed off there. Glad you had a good time, sorry the results weren’t better though.

Have fun in PBI.

Quick Reply: Footbrake to Freedom event...