Engine Mods Outrageous Builds, High-Horsepower Modifications, strokers, and big cams for the Corvette

Big block build questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 02:23 AM
Dr1rrrr
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Big block build questions

So my friend is wanting to do a blown big block build and he's looking at starting with a gen 6 L29 engine. He wants to put a 6-71 or 8-71 blower on it and his power goals are 700hp so our question is what internals are needed to reliability run this kind of power. We kind of planned on getting at the very least forged pistons but like everyone, he's on a budget and we really don't want to have to get a forged crank if we can help it. So what do you guys think would be needed in this situation?
Old 07-05-2019, 02:55 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Id look up vortecpro far as Im concerned he is the bb kind of these. He will tell it straight.
Budget and 700hp rarely go together but there are ways to make it solid without going overboard.

Personally if he used a smaller weiand street blower I wouldnt be shy about a cast crank...used a forged piston though. Upgrade your rod bolts or look into an entry level Scat I beam they are cheap.
Maybe they make a reasonable cast crank with the bigger snout on front (saves that front bearing). Get a proper blower cam, it may not chop like he wants but it will work right.

Last edited by cv67; 07-05-2019 at 02:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Big block build questions