Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Update on Ryan

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 03:13 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,621 Likes on 1,740 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Hey Corey, I think the Gate For Hondas is way across up there so you might want to really think about that Vette Purchase!

Its nice to see Ryan's friends here! I know that is what he wanted
Hopefully we can meet you some time soon

Thank you for being such a GOOD FRIEND All his friends are outstanding people
Old 05-07-2009, 04:19 PM
MThomas
Safety Car

Received 117 Likes on 92 Posts

[QUOTE=RMSZO6;1569996351]Thank you to everyone on this forum who has supported my friend and brother Ryan Salmons. I know that he appreciates every single one of you, from coming to the cruises, to leaving comments on the forum, i personally know he appreciated everything people did for him.

I wanna give a personal thanks to Mike and Mark for their efforts of orchestrating the cruise for Ryan as well as the corvette museum. You guys are top notch in my book and i think it takes alot of poise and heart to reach out to someone you dont even know like that...I really respect you for that, and i know he appreciated everything you did for him.

Corey...Thanks for your kind words. I just try to treat people the way I would like to be treated. Ryan was a first class young man and I'm honored to have had the opportunity to have spent time with him during the last month of his life. I will always remember our tirp to Bowling Green so Ryan to see the Corvette Plant. I wish you could have been there. The smile on his face after the ZR1 ride was great. I only wish I would have met Ryan sooner.

You, Eric, Jon, Tony should be proud!!! All of you helped make Ryan the person he was.

I hope we call can keep in touch. You guys are welcome to come and hang at my home anytime. That is as long as you don't mind hanging with an old man. I'll make sure Mike is here to so there will be someone who acts your age. lol

You might want to buy a corvette sooner than later. I don't write corvettes tickets. I can't say the same about Hondas. lol
Old 05-07-2009, 10:40 PM
RYNS VET
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=MThomas;1569998256]
Originally Posted by RMSZO6
Thank you to everyone on this forum who has supported my friend and brother Ryan Salmons. I know that he appreciates every single one of you, from coming to the cruises, to leaving comments on the forum, i personally know he appreciated everything people did for him.

I wanna give a personal thanks to Mike and Mark for their efforts of orchestrating the cruise for Ryan as well as the corvette museum. You guys are top notch in my book and i think it takes alot of poise and heart to reach out to someone you dont even know like that...I really respect you for that, and i know he appreciated everything you did for him.

Corey...Thanks for your kind words. I just try to treat people the way I would like to be treated. Ryan was a first class young man and I'm honored to have had the opportunity to have spent time with him during the last month of his life. I will always remember our tirp to Bowling Green so Ryan to see the Corvette Plant. I wish you could have been there. The smile on his face after the ZR1 ride was great. I only wish I would have met Ryan sooner.

You, Eric, Jon, Tony should be proud!!! All of you helped make Ryan the person he was.

I hope we call can keep in touch. You guys are welcome to come and hang at my home anytime. That is as long as you don't mind hanging with an old man. I'll make sure Mike is here to so there will be someone who acts your age. lol

You might want to buy a corvette sooner than later. I don't write corvettes tickets. I can't say the same about Hondas. lol
well come and see you no matter the age you got my number too so gimme a jingle if you guys would like to meet up.

and you cant write me a ticket if you dont know what side of the car to go to
Old 05-08-2009, 12:05 AM
Stavesacre21
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by RYNS VET
After the service was a private gathering for food and refreshments down at Nationwide arena, and let me tell you hats off to all of the folks of the Blue Jackets organization because yet again they have amazed me. We walked in to the lower bowl where the ice should be, but instead see many HUGE tables full of elegant food and deserts, a full staff of waiters and waitresses, and many chefs. You look up to see "#3 RYAN SALMONS" on the side banners and Ryans pictures played over the jumbo-tron, just the way he would have wanted it. But the best part was at center ice, it still gives me chills (no pun intended), but ill let it speak for itself

My heart still goes out to Ryan and his family. I wasn't apparently even able to possibly gauge the impact that Ryan has had on so many people. His passing will not be in vain, and you can rest assured that he'll clearly NEVER be forgotten.

Seeing the video posted on ESPN was the first time i'd heard him speak, and he did show a boatload of determination. His spirit was quite frankly, unremarkable...i've never seen someone with so much ambition. As for the CBJ, class act barely even says it. I've seen major league sporting teams do less for employees who've worked with them their whole lives. Kudo's to all the team, the players and the manager for making Ryan's exit so special and meaningful.

If Ryan were looking down on all this today, I'm sure he'd agree...he's got friends in places he didn't know, and a funeral that was more beautiful then anything anyone could have imagined. Yes, you will be missed Ryan. However, the footprint you left looks like it'll be etched in stone.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:04 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,621 Likes on 1,740 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Hard to believe its been 1 week
Old 05-08-2009, 09:43 PM
Vette N It
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're a funny guy there Mark! I act my age when the situation dictates it . Bad cop, no donut

Jon Wood, send me a PM with your cell, I have Cory's but not yours. Does Eric post?

Mike
Old 05-09-2009, 10:14 AM
RMSZO6
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont think eric is on here...? i can ask though
Old 05-10-2009, 07:02 PM
MThomas
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Vette N It
You're a funny guy there Mark! I act my age when the situation dictates it . Bad cop, no donut

Jon Wood, send me a PM with your cell, I have Cory's but not yours. Does Eric post?

Mike
I've got you donuts Mike!!!!! lol
Old 05-10-2009, 10:41 PM
RYNS VET
Intermediate

Saw the Vette today... definitely a bitter sweet moment.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:17 PM
MThomas
Safety Car

The Capital City Corvette Club in Columbus, Ohio has been involved with Columbus Children's Hospital (Nationwide Children's Hospital now) for the last twenty eight years. After going to the hospital to see Ryan prior to his death, I'm glad the hospital is the charity our club has choosen. All of the money our club raises from our shows is donated to the hospital through an Etch-a-Sketch program in November and our Christmas presents in December. Last year I believe our donation was around $5,000.

I'm please to say at our club meeting last Saturday I requested our funds this year be donated in memory of Ryan Salmons and everyone voted yes. Even after Ryan's death, he continues to make a difference in so many lives. Ryan we miss you brother.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:22 PM
slolane
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
CI 7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08 & '12

Very cool Mark
Old 05-12-2009, 10:13 PM
RYNS VET
Intermediate

Took the car in to work today and dismounted all the wheels and cleaned them on the insides because corrosion was building up and the valve stems were failing, rebalanced all of them, and also patched the one tire that had a nail in it since the day Ryan got it I think. Did some other little things to it and then took it on a nice little cruise. I do have to say that it was kinda sad not having him there with me in person, but i know he was there in spirit.

the more and more i drive that car the more and more i fall in love with it. for many reasons.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:52 AM
Stavesacre21
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 107 Posts

I'm really glad to see that Ryan's living on in more ways then one. You've got yourself one of the most unique, valuable cars you'll ever find anywhere.

Enjoy it...it's what Ryan would have wanted!

Quick Reply: Update on Ryan