Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

speed inc tune?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 09:53 AM
titletaker
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

FLP did my tune and they didn't make me sign no stinking waiver! 11.13 @126.4 just a CAI, FLP tune and DR's.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:10 AM
JT Metal
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by titletaker
FLP did my tune and they didn't make me sign no stinking waiver! 11.13 @126.4 just a CAI, FLP tune and DR's.
Nice Job!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 10:59 AM
Badd LS6
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteZ06
No, its not ok. Unless it happened directly to you then you dont know all the facts.
:rof l:
how many times do i have to say "..D-O-N-T... M-A-R-K...M-Y....W-O-R-D-S..jjuussttt aa storryy i heard...understand?

SSOOOO your saying if you heard a story about a shop you wouldn't share it? thats pretty r*tarded if you ask me..im sure people like to know what goes on at shops. IM NOT ragging on speed inc what so ever..i have bought materials from speed inc and im sure i will buy from them again. Just because im stating a story i HEARD doesnt mean its true or not true. but since it is a rumor it can be true or its not true. who knows only the shop does

Hey guess what Mcdonalds makes you Fat..OH WAIT i can't say that because it hasn't happened to me!

maybe speed inc. can chime in on this and put in their output of it and if their standup guys they'll say truth about how they run their shop..only they know if its true or not

Last edited by Badd LS6; 09-29-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:40 AM
epic
Racer

Speed Inc has tuned my old heads/cam Firehawk (did 470 at the wheels) as well as my daily driver GTO and my stall'd and bolt-on A6 C6.

Jim does great work and I'll be bringing the vette back there for a heads/cam/tune next season.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:10 PM
MVR 155
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In XI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by Badd LS6
how many times do i have to say "..D-O-N-T... M-A-R-K...M-Y....W-O-R-D-S..jjuussttt aa storryy i heard...understand?
SSOOOO your saying if you heard a story about a shop you wouldn't share it? thats pretty r*tarded if you ask me..im sure people like to know what goes on at shops

Hey guess what Mcdonalds makes you Fat..OH WAIT i can't say that because it hasn't happened to me!

maybe speed inc. can chime in on this and put in their output of it and if their standup guys they'll say truth about how they run their shop..only they know if its true or not
I know what you are saying and I dont think you intentionally meant anything bad but this is how rumors do get started..... "I heard a story", "Some guy told me this or that". If you personally know a person who had an experience (good or bad) that is one thing or obviously if you have done business directly with a shop etc.....

Calling out the shop at this point is a bit rude as well since you are saying they are basically guilty until proven innocent based on something that you heard (not citing the source of this supposed rumor).

With that being said I have been doing business with Speed Inc. since they opened, back in 2000 I had a 96 LT-4 with a stock bottom end going high 10's on a drag radial that they helped me put together. I currently have a 2002 Z06 that runs 11.6's and has trapped 120mph with only a set of headers, removed cats, blackwing and a tune..... these are not sub sea-level DA's either..... real world numbers. I have referred countless people to them over the years and I dont know of anyone who is unhappy with the results they recieved. Do they know their stuff..... hell yes!

As far as a waiver its just smart business (this is coming from a person that owns/partners two different businesses). If somebody comes in there lets say that was playing around with their own tuning (say for instance with HP tuners) on a forced induction car and they want a baseline dyno done..... the car is set up way lean (by the owner) and blows up on the dyno.... HOW IS THAT THE SHOPS FAULT?????

This is the reason that waivers get signed not because they are in the business of blowing up customers cars, if they were in the business of blowing up cars they would be out of business.... got it?
Old 09-29-2010, 12:38 PM
PeteZ06
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by blwnc5
Pete, You know i know guy that knows another guy who has a neighbor who has a mail man who has an aunt that lives down the street from someone who thinks he knows what happend here, Does this count, LOL
In this case YES, because I do know that same guy as well
Old 09-29-2010, 12:48 PM
PeteZ06
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11

SSOOOO your saying if you heard a story about a shop you wouldn't share it? thats pretty r*tarded if you ask me..
Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying, because like Mike said, its word of mouth and going public on a popular forum such as this is not doing anyone any good. I heard that youre gay, but you dont see me telling everyone about it because I'm not sure if its true. Got it?
Old 09-29-2010, 01:19 PM
HyperX
Team Owner

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

SSOOOO your saying if you heard a story about a shop you wouldn't share it? thats pretty r*tarded if you ask me..im sure people like to know what goes on at shops. IM NOT ragging on speed inc what so ever..i have bought materials from speed inc and im sure i will buy from them again. Just because im stating a story i HEARD doesnt mean its true or not true. but since it is a rumor it can be true or its not true. who knows only the shop does

McDonalds doesnt make you fat. The person eating there is making himself fat.

My issue with rumors is who started them and what reason they have.

I followed up on a speed inc story and called as many people involved as possible. Turned out it was false.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:08 PM
z0sleeper
Racer

Speedinc worked on all of my 8 ls1 cars and have been going there since they first opened.
speedinc is working on my lsx camaro right now
Old 09-29-2010, 05:31 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

FANTISITC ets and trap speeds for your mods bro at the Chicago tracks (Rt 66 no doubt)!

You are also running a themostat (a 160) right?

What was your 60 ft times and dyno numbers from FLP after your tune?

GREAT DRIVING and impressive C6 Z!
Old 09-29-2010, 05:46 PM
JT Metal
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by BLOWN ECS Z06
FANTISITC ets and trap speeds for your mods bro at the Chicago tracks (Rt 66 no doubt)!

Honestly, Great results!!! I'm impressed!!!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 07:58 PM
titletaker
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BLOWN ECS Z06

Yes, 160 stat is a must.
My 60' was 1.69 (Route 66)
Dyno 468 or something close to that.
Consistently runs 11.3, but now that the weather is cool, I'm pretty sure I can pull off a 10.90's pass.

Last edited by titletaker; 09-29-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Yes, 160 stat is a must.
My 60' was 1.69 (Route 66)
Dyno 468 or something close to that.
Consistently runs 11.3, but now that the weather is cool, I'm pretty sure I can pull off a 10.90's pass.

Incredible Pete, and a 10.9x in our neck of the woods would be one IMPRESSIVE ACCOMPLISHMENT with just a CAI, tune, thermostat and drag radials (you can do it bro)!

Sh it, these type of threads make me really want to bite the bullet despite my warranty and get my C6 Z tuned!

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 09-29-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:52 PM
Shock_N_Awe
2nd Gear

I have used Speed Inc for my performance improvement work for both my 2007 C6 Vette and my 2010 Camaro SS. They did a CAI in my Camaro with ARH ceramic coated Headers, Corsa Exhaust, cooler plugs, MSD wires, and a full Dyno (both before and after tests). On my C6 Vette I just had them put in an A&A Supercharger Kit, cooler plugs, MSD wires, and a full Dyno (both before and after). Both cars run absolutely great. Larry Hamilton is my guy there at Speed Inc. He has not steered me wrong and has given me great advice and guidance on which products were best to use for the goal I was trying to achieve. I would use them again without thinking twice. They took good car of my cars.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:22 AM
Shock_N_Awe
2nd Gear

Default Speed Inc Happy Customer

Let me clarify a little more on my experience...

I recently had my 2007 C6 Vette and my 2010 Camaro SS both worked on by the guys at Speed Inc. My Vette they put an A&A Supercharger kit, cooler plugs, MSD wires, and a full Dyno with shiftpoint adjustments. This added almost 200 RWHP to the Vette. The car runs awesome!

My Camaro they did a Rotofab CAI, ARH ceramic coated headers w/cats and x-pipe, Corsa Exhaust, cooler plugs, MSD wires, and a full Dyno with shiftpoint adjustments. Again, the car runs great and this is my daily driver.

I did not experience any issues as described by the individual (Badd LS6) in the other post claiming blown engine issues. Both my cars run great and are a pleasure to drive. I would have Speed Inc do more work for me without thinking twice.

I deal with Larry Hamilton (Service Mgr) for all my dealings with Speed Inc. He is a wealth of advice and information. He showed a lot of patience with me and helped educate me on the most effective upgrades and products to use to achieve my driving goals. Great guy. Honest and fair place to do business with.

You will be happy you worked with them...I'll be back!
Old 09-30-2010, 01:14 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Larry Hamilton, Service Manager of Speed, Inc., is a good man no doubt and their dyno tuner (Jim Moran) is an excellent tuner (that's all he has done for years tune LSx cars every single day from 350rwhp to 1000rwhp)!
Old 09-30-2010, 03:05 AM
Badd LS6
Drifting

Originally Posted by MVR 155
I know what you are saying and I dont think you intentionally meant anything bad but this is how rumors do get started..... "I heard a story", "Some guy told me this or that". If you personally know a person who had an experience (good or bad) that is one thing or obviously if you have done business directly with a shop etc.....

Calling out the shop at this point is a bit rude as well since you are saying they are basically guilty until proven innocent based on something that you heard (not citing the source of this supposed rumor).

With that being said I have been doing business with Speed Inc. since they opened, back in 2000 I had a 96 LT-4 with a stock bottom end going high 10's on a drag radial that they helped me put together. I currently have a 2002 Z06 that runs 11.6's and has trapped 120mph with only a set of headers, removed cats, blackwing and a tune..... these are not sub sea-level DA's either..... real world numbers. I have referred countless people to them over the years and I dont know of anyone who is unhappy with the results they recieved. Do they know their stuff..... hell yes!

As far as a waiver its just smart business (this is coming from a person that owns/partners two different businesses). If somebody comes in there lets say that was playing around with their own tuning (say for instance with HP tuners) on a forced induction car and they want a baseline dyno done..... the car is set up way lean (by the owner) and blows up on the dyno.... HOW IS THAT THE SHOPS FAULT?????

This is the reason that waivers get signed not because they are in the business of blowing up customers cars, if they were in the business of blowing up cars they would be out of business.... got it?
i understand what your saying and i'm not meaning to insult or ruin the reputation of speed inc..i know they do excellent work but sometimes rumors can be true and in this case it can be a true rumor due to the reasons you stated or poor tuning NEVER KNOW things do happen..with that said we can put a close to the dispute i did not mean to come off as cocky or a jerk

Get notified of new replies

To speed inc tune?

Old 09-30-2010, 04:51 AM
JT Metal
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

i understand what your saying and i'm not meaning to insult or ruin the reputation of speed inc..i know they do excellent work but sometimes rumors can be true and in this case it can be a true rumor due to the reasons you stated or poor tuning NEVER KNOW things do happen..with that said we can put a close to the dispute i did not mean to come off as cocky or a jerk
Well put, Bad LS6.

Accountability is paid for in two ways, up front or in the rear.
Some people take it in the rear because they don't know how to be up front. We all pay, one way or another..............Joe
Old 09-30-2010, 01:07 PM
tomiboy
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Sh it, these type of threads make me really want to bite the bullet despite my warranty and get my C6 Z tuned! [/QUOTE]

Jimmy..to quote Nike "just do it!!"
Old 10-01-2010, 12:34 AM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Originally Posted by MVR 155

See the problem with you saying what you did, is that the information and your statement are useless unless you have factual knowledge to back it up. There are 2 sides to every story, you only told one side of a story that you have no way of evening knowing if its true or not. Without having first hand knowledge or a reliable source, stating what you did is not really fair to speed inc. As you can see from this thread 99% of people have positive feedback, and most of them have had Direct experience with Speed.

Quick Reply: speed inc tune?