Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

4 post lift co. in Michigan?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 08:30 PM
Black94LT1
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cruise-In 10-11-12 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'14

Originally Posted by KGrant
I have a three car garage with two cars that are stored in the winter so of course my daily driver sits outside in the snow and ice and the wife's daily driver stays in the garage.

I have a standard height garage with a drywall ceiling so I am thinking and wondering would I need to tear out the ceiling to have clearance for a lift and would I need a new garage door opener?

Also, I am concerned that a bedroom sits above the garage in which I assume there is insulation in the garage ceiling to keep the bedroom warm so would I solve one problem and create others.

Of course I should have someone come out and do a professional assessment but I guess I am thinking out loud to the forum members for their expertise from experience.

Any thoughts and/or suggestions?
Mine is standard height too, Vette fits great on the top, mustang on the bottom; basically 4’ up top, 4’6” underneath plus the rail height and the height to lift it off the stops. Since my DD is a truck, even in the winter when we store the mustang my truck sits outside.

As for the opener, I still have a traditional one, but it is tight to the ceiling with a high lift conversion on the door.

I contemplated a raised ceiling where the passenger compartment is but I’d probably only gain a foot or so and it wasn’t worth all the work of re-engineering the ceiling trusses
The following users liked this post:
tomtoro (01-22-2018)
Old 02-27-2018, 08:49 PM
G.Rossman
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '15, ‘18, '21

I went with a back yard buddy a number of years ago. Just had it moved by their local installer guy. One or two things to sort but it seems to work smoother now since had adjusted it.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:00 PM
NICEDRV
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are not in a hurry wait for a big corvette show with venders. I bought mine from Bloomington Gold when it was in Chicago. There was lifts being used by vendors installing exhaust and tires. The vendor sold the lifts so they would not have to transport back. They moved it to my house and installed in garage. I did live 5 miles from show.
Old 03-08-2018, 06:00 PM
FirstC4
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Forgot to add pic of mine..
Attached Images  
Old 03-08-2018, 06:15 PM
Z06Shark
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by FirstC4
Forgot to add pic of mine..
How tall is your ceiling?
Old 03-08-2018, 06:48 PM
FirstC4
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by zzw26n
how tall is your ceiling?
10' 8"

Quick Reply: 4 post lift co. in Michigan?