Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

No "my recent topics"

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 06:35 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Default No "my recent topics"

This is the 3rd-4th time this has happened, in the last 3-4 days. I was logged on about 4 hours ago, read/posted in a few topics, then logged off. Came back now, logged in, pulled down side bar, clicked on "my recent posts", and got the "sorry no matches" error box.

Why?
Old 01-04-2018, 07:52 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

And this morning, after doing absolutely nothing with my laptop, for the past 10-11 hours, I plug it in, power it up, read through my e-mails then come here to the CF, and so far, things are running in a normal fashion.

I'll readily admit, that I'm no "computer guru", but this kind of behavior, on the part of my laptop, is totally confusing, as well as frustrating.......

EDIT.......I just left the laptop for about a minute, to pour a cup of tea, sat back down, switched over to the C-5 Tech discussion, and got hit with an "automatic log out".

Last edited by leadfoot4; 01-04-2018 at 07:59 AM.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:51 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
This is the 3rd-4th time this has happened, in the last 3-4 days. I was logged on about 4 hours ago, read/posted in a few topics, then logged off. Came back now, logged in, pulled down side bar, clicked on "my recent posts", and got the "sorry no matches" error box.

Why?
"leadfoot4" why it happens can be due to various issues - mostly entirely on CorvetteForum's end. Because vBulletin's stock search engine had long been a point of issue, CorvetteForum and other sites in the network use a custom search engine. A site as large as CorvetteForum has a lot of content and a lot of active users that requires multiple resources. At times the search engine may hang and/or the request may fall at a certain resource. Sometimes this is temporary and corrects itself and other times it requires manually fixing.

EDIT.......I just left the laptop for about a minute, to pour a cup of tea, sat back down, switched over to the C-5 Tech discussion, and got hit with an "automatic log out".
Unless CorvetteForum does a session reset, which sometimes happens from time to time and it occurs for every single member at the same time, all other issues regarding the ability to stay logged in are completely on the browser and user end.

Because CorvetteForum has not done a session reset for some time, I would suggest giving the following sticky a review and make any necessary changes:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...xpectedly.html
Old 01-04-2018, 05:53 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

"JT", thanks for the reply. I'm not trying to be annoying, believe me. I got a new laptop, several weeks ago, and sadly, I've been saddled with Win10. That, alone, is giving me fits, and I'm trying to pin down if I'm having issues at my end, or if there are other issues afoot....

Old 01-08-2018, 08:44 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Originally Posted by J T
......Because CorvetteForum has not done a session reset for some time, I would suggest giving the following sticky a review and make any necessary changes:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...xpectedly.html
"JT", I'm still having issues, and what has me confused, is the log-outs aren't happening in any sort of consistent pattern. This AM, I browsed some of my past topics, with no issue, then as soon as I went to look through some of what was posted since yesterday, I get logged out. I logged back on, went to this thread, to reexamine the link you provided in the above post, and as soon as I finished looking through it, I got logged out.

Other times, I can be browsing this site for 30-45 minutes at a time, and have no issues.

I don't know what to do.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:33 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"leadfoot4", you did review the link I provided and took necessary steps, correct? Such as if the issue continues, to delete all CorvetteForum cookies in your browser?

This is not a sever side issue. The sessions haven't been cleared for some time. So there is something on your side that is causing the issue. I'd suspect a corrupt cookie in your browser for CorvetteForum.

"JT", I'm still having issues, and what has me confused, is the log-outs aren't happening in any sort of consistent pattern. This AM, I browsed some of my past topics, with no issue, then as soon as I went to look through some of what was posted since yesterday, I get logged out. I logged back on, went to this thread, to reexamine the link you provided in the above post, and as soon as I finished looking through it, I got logged out.

Other times, I can be browsing this site for 30-45 minutes at a time, and have no issues.

I don't know what to do.

Get notified of new replies

To No "my recent topics"

Quick Reply: No "my recent topics"