password problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 01:53 PM
1955 copper
Safety Car

Received 207 Likes on 149 Posts
2015 C1 of Year

Default password problem

OK before I shut this page down each time I do this sight ask me to login again and the password I use don't work and again I have to ask for a new password each time , When I leave this sight now I'll be asked again for a new password I need someone to HELP HELP HELP ME
Old 03-17-2018, 03:00 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Please see the following Sticky concerning having to supply your username and password frequently:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...xpectedly.html

Regarding the password itself not working - you're either supplying a wrong username and/or password. Passwords are CaSe sensitive while usernames are not. The system does not tell you which (username or password) was incorrect. There is nothing more to it than that. Passwords don't change on their own nor do they suddenly break.

Originally Posted by 1955 copper
OK before I shut this page down each time I do this sight ask me to login again and the password I use don't work and again I have to ask for a new password each time , When I leave this sight now I'll be asked again for a new password I need someone to HELP HELP HELP ME
Old 03-17-2018, 03:28 PM
1955 copper
Safety Car

Received 207 Likes on 149 Posts
2015 C1 of Year

Originally Posted by J T
Please see the following Sticky concerning having to supply your username and password frequently:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...xpectedly.html

Regarding the password itself not working - you're either supplying a wrong username and/or password. Passwords are CaSe sensitive while usernames are not. The system does not tell you which (username or password) was incorrect. There is nothing more to it than that. Passwords don't change on their own nor do they suddenly break.
I used large font to get someone attention as I did with you finely why would I post a problem if I dint have a problem some other moderator not long ago said they were having login problems . Can some one enter a password for me and let me know and see if that will HOLD thanks Roy
Old 03-17-2018, 03:54 PM
J T
IB Staff

Like I stated, the problem you're having is you're entering in the wrong username and/or password. The passwords don't change on their own and the system does not make that type of mistake. If that were indeed the case, then someone could gain access to any account if the system were able to error on such a simple and basic task. This software, vBulletin, has been around for nearly 20 years and I've been working with the software for much of that time. There has never been a case to me where the system makes a mistake on looking up a username's password. As much as people don't want to admit the mistake, it's almost always a user error. Regarding someone else having a login problem, not all problems are the same.

I would suggest you go to UserCP, Edit Email Address & Password, and supply your current password and then supply a new password.

The large font did not get my attention. Your post was moved here, to the Help section, which I monitor. Using such large font, all caps and/or bold is considered a little rude online. It also doesn't make it any easier to read.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by 1955 copper
I used large font to get someone attention as I did with you finely why would I post a problem if I dint have a problem some other moderator not long ago said they were having login problems . Can some one enter a password for me and let me know and see if that will HOLD thanks Roy
Old 03-17-2018, 04:12 PM
0Corvettes by George
Former Vendor

Received 152 Likes on 101 Posts

1955 copper,
When I was having this same problem I discovered that I was browsing in “private” mode—-which does not remember passwords. Check your browser settings.

Also,
Any time you need to address an administrator (to close a thread, report problems, etc.) hit the red triangle icon (located lower left).

Hoping this helps,
G
Old 03-17-2018, 05:52 PM
J T
IB Staff

Originally Posted by 1960fi
1955 copper,
When I was having this same problem I discovered that I was browsing in “private” mode—-which does not remember passwords. Check your browser settings.
That is also true in addition to the items listed in the link that I provided for unexpectedly getting logged out.

However, that does not cover the issue where the member is indicating that his password is not working and he has to request a new one. Browsing in private mode would not do that. The passwords don't change by themselves. The only two options are 1)Member is not supplying the correct username and password or 2)Password was changed either by someone having access to the account and current password or the password was changed by Staff (which only happens at account holder request) or the Password Recovery being initiated all the way through the email verification (meaning access to the email account tied to the member's forum account is required).

Originally Posted by 1960fi
Any time you need to address an administrator (to close a thread, report problems, etc.) hit the red triangle icon (located lower left).

Hoping this helps,
G
This would not be one of those cases. The feature is really for Reporting posts that are in violation of our Guidelines. Not for reporting account issues or software questions. The latter should be posted on the forums and in this Help section. The member initially posted this in the C1 & C2 section which is used for discussing C1 and C2 Corvettes. That's why a Moderator moved the post to this Help section.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:46 PM
LT1pwrd'94
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
Like I stated, the problem you're having is you're entering in the wrong username and/or password. The passwords don't change on their own and the system does not make that type of mistake. If that were indeed the case, then someone could gain access to any account if the system were able to error on such a simple and basic task. This software, vBulletin, has been around for nearly 20 years and I've been working with the software for much of that time. There has never been a case to me where the system makes a mistake on looking up a username's password. As much as people don't want to admit the mistake, it's almost always a user error. Regarding someone else having a login problem, not all problems are the same.

I would suggest you go to UserCP, Edit Email Address & Password, and supply your current password and then supply a new password.

The large font did not get my attention. Your post was moved here, to the Help section, which I monitor. Using such large font, all caps and/or bold is considered a little rude online. It also doesn't make it any easier to read.

Thanks.
JT

Like I mentioned in our brief conversation a month or two ago, something isn't right.. I STILL cant log in using my ipad or iphone.

It'd be nice if someone from the forum would investigate this issue. Clearly, many others are having the same issue.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:19 PM
J T
IB Staff

Originally Posted by LT1pwrd'94
JT

Like I mentioned in our brief conversation a month or two ago, something isn't right.. I STILL cant log in using my ipad or iphone.

It'd be nice if someone from the forum would investigate this issue. Clearly, many others are having the same issue.
Your issue, which you reported 4 months ago, stated mobile device. This thread has not stated mobile device. So we don't know if these two issues have any connection.

I've been unable to confirm your specific issue and no other member replied to your post in November (over 4 months ago). So it does not appear to me that this is an issue where many members are having such an issue. Again, that points to possibility that it's not in the software.

One thing to add. Internet Brands has over 100 sites in their automotive group with many running on the same software as CorvetteForum. That means that if there were such a bug, it would likely been seen elsewhere in the network. I've not seen any such reports. Surely if there was such an issue there would be more than 1 person reporting it out of the hundreds of thousands of other users in the network?

I'm sorry if this message may not come across well but the point is that we can't fix something that we can't replicate and that we can't determine is on our end.

Get notified of new replies

To password problem

Quick Reply: password problem