Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Getting Logged Out after a few

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 08:37 PM
Lotsacubes
Melting Slicks

Received 903 Likes on 594 Posts
Default Getting Logged Out after a few

I知 getting logged out after a few minutes from my iPad. I値l reply to a post and will have gotten logged out. Help? Security something?
Old 04-02-2018, 08:39 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lotsacubes
I知 getting logged out after a few minutes from my iPad. I値l reply to a post and will have gotten logged out. Help? Security something?
See the following sticky in this section:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...xpectedly.html

It covers your concern.

We ask that members take some time to browse and read the stickies as they contain important and frequently asked information.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:42 PM
Vanover
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 94 Posts

Had the same problem with my new iPhone, I had to turn on cookies in my settings. Now it works fine. Hope this helps.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:45 PM
J T
IB Staff

Cookies are required if one was to stay logged in. That has been the case for some years. Almost every website uses cookies for various things - such as accounts, site preferences, etc.,.

Originally Posted by Vanover
Had the same problem with my new iPhone, I had to turn on cookies in my settings. Now it works fine. Hope this helps.
Old 04-15-2018, 12:29 PM
ZR1Bob
Drifting

Received 600 Likes on 382 Posts

I am also no getting logged out fairly quickly when I am on. I have read the sticky, and I do automatically clear browsing history and cookies every time I exit Google Chrome, but want to point out that no settings and nothing I do has changed in the last several months except that I am now (as of a couple weeks ago) being logged out a short time after logging on. Usually happens after I move between threads or post one of my own. Cookies are used while I am on line, only cleared as I exit so your cookies should be working fine. Only happens on this forum; all the others I am on do not do this. A comment I have seen more than once. What's up? --Bob

Last edited by ZR1Bob; 04-15-2018 at 12:31 PM.
Old 04-15-2018, 02:58 PM
J T
IB Staff

Originally Posted by ZR1Bob
I am also no getting logged out fairly quickly when I am on. I have read the sticky, and I do automatically clear browsing history and cookies every time I exit Google Chrome, but want to point out that no settings and nothing I do has changed in the last several months except that I am now (as of a couple weeks ago) being logged out a short time after logging on.
I'm going to have to repeat what is in the Sticky. You're either not using the Remember Me option when you log in (which is cookie-based) or perhaps all Cookies are not being deleted. Some browsers give the option to save date for websites you have bookmarked/favorite.

Originally Posted by ZR1Bob
Only happens on this forum; all the others I am on do not do this. A comment I have seen more than once. What's up? --Bob
This is also covered in the sticky. Each website generally saves one or more cookies of their own on your computer and uses their own cookies. So if one cookie becomes corrupt, it's going to only affect whichever site that cookie was used by.

Of course you've seen this comment a few times over the years. There are over 451K members on this site. Many comparable websites also have a FAQ or similar that also address issues like this because it's not completely uncommon.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:51 AM
ZR1Bob
Drifting

Originally Posted by J T
I'm going to have to repeat what is in the Sticky. You're either not using the Remember Me option when you log in (which is cookie-based) or perhaps all Cookies are not being deleted. Some browsers give the option to save date for websites you have bookmarked/favorite.

This is also covered in the sticky. Each website generally saves one or more cookies of their own on your computer and uses their own cookies. So if one cookie becomes corrupt, it's going to only affect whichever site that cookie was used by.

Of course you've seen this comment a few times over the years. There are over 451K members on this site. Many comparable websites also have a FAQ or similar that also address issues like this because it's not completely uncommon.
OK thanks. I will go back to my settings and see if I need to change anything. As noted though, this only started happening again recently, having worked fine for quite a while with no changes on my part. I'll see if I can do everything according to your sticky, which I thought I was doing. --Bob
Old 04-20-2018, 12:00 PM
ZR1Bob
Drifting

As a follow up: I have checked the "Remember Me" box and that does seem to eliminate the frequent logging off I was experiencing. Thanks for reinforcing that idea. I guess I was confused because it started happening without any changes but at least now it seems fixed. --BOb

Get notified of new replies

To Getting Logged Out after a few

Quick Reply: Getting Logged Out after a few