Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

iPad Pro log in problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 09:56 AM
Ron'sGS
Burning Brakes

Received 266 Likes on 198 Posts
Default iPad Pro log in problems

I recently upgraded from a older generation iPad to a new IPad Pro, the problem I'm having is I can't seem to log in into my account. I can still use my old iPad as well as my laptop. I went back to the Apple Store and noticed I can't long in with their demo iPad Pro's either. Is there a setting I need to turn off to access my account on the iPad Pro?

Thanks,
Ron

Last edited by Ron'sGS; 05-07-2018 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:56 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron'sGS
I recently upgraded from a older generation iPad to a new IPad Pro, the problem I'm having is I can't seem to log in into my account. I can still use my old iPad as well as my laptop. I went back to the Apple Store and noticed I can't long in with their demo iPad Pro's either. Is there a setting I need to turn off to access my account on the iPad Pro?

Thanks,
Ron
There is no known setting to change. Our team could not duplicate the issue using an ipad to log into the site. While the device our team used was not an ipad pro, but just a standard ipad, we're not aware of any difference between the devices as far as logging in. Our team used more than one ipad and account to verify.

I don't see how there is an difference between the devices because the function is a browser function that simply takes the input fields and passes them to the server.

How are you accessing? Are you using the full desktop theme? The mobile app? The mobile skin?
Old 05-07-2018, 12:15 PM
Ron'sGS
Burning Brakes

I've been logging in corvetteforum.com thru Google on my older iPad and laptop. I wasn't aware there was a mobile app. What is the app name? Several will show as I input the name.
Old 05-07-2018, 12:39 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron'sGS
I've been logging in corvetteforum.com thru Google on my older iPad and laptop. I wasn't aware there was a mobile app. What is the app name? Several will show as I input the name.
It's Garage Talk. But I'm not suggesting that is the fix. I needed to know how you were logging in.

You stated you're logging in through Google. I'm assuming you go to Google then type corvette forum and then click the link and then log in. Instead, you should type in (or bookmark) https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/ in the address bar.

Going through Google as you do, there are a few issues. First, there's also a https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/ website which, while owned by the same parent company, is not the same website and does not share the same database/posts/usernames/etc. Notice the website referenced has an s on the end of corvetteforums. It's not this website.

Second issue is from a security standpoint. By typing in the website's name in a search engine, instead of typing in the website's address in the address bar of the browser, you may not get the authentic website due to search ranking and ads.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:49 PM
Ron'sGS
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by J T
It's Garage Talk. But I'm not suggesting that is the fix. I needed to know how you were logging in.

You stated you're logging in through Google. I'm assuming you go to Google then type corvette forum and then click the link and then log in. Instead, you should type in (or bookmark) https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/ in the address bar.

Going through Google as you do, there are a few issues. First, there's also a https://www.corvetteforums.com/forum/ website which, while owned by the same parent company, is not the same website and does not share the same database/posts/usernames/etc. Notice the website referenced has an s on the end of corvetteforums. It's not this website.

Second issue is from a security standpoint. By typing in the website's name in a search engine, instead of typing in the website's address in the address bar of the browser, you may not get the authentic website due to search ranking and ads.
I was able to log in using your suggestion by bookmarking the address.
Thanks so much.......

Ron

Get notified of new replies

To iPad Pro log in problems