Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Staying logged in

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 05:34 PM
croaker
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts

Default Staying logged in

on my Mobil device lately I have to re login everytime I try to access. Before I could stay in till I cleared my history. I don't see a stay login option.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:02 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by croaker
on my Mobil device lately I have to re login everytime I try to access. Before I could stay in till I cleared my history. I don't see a stay login option.
The old "Remember Me" option was removed and made by default. So you will stay logged in unless you clear browser's cookies, your browser deletes them, 3rd party software deletes them, or you use the log out link.

Take a look at this article:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...xpectedly.html

Note number 5. That is most likely your issue. Because each site generally uses cookies for their own server/services/website, that is why this issue usually only happens to one given site at one time.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:22 PM
Ted P
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 129 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
The old "Remember Me" option was removed and made by default. So you will stay logged in unless you clear browser's cookies, your browser deletes them, 3rd party software deletes them, or you use the log out link.

Take a look at this article:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...xpectedly.html

Note number 5. That is most likely your issue. Because each site generally uses cookies for their own server/services/website, that is why this issue usually only happens to one given site at one time.

I'm freezing up after 5 mintutes and the remember me box is gone now. no issues with other web sites. I deleted browsing history and cookies. doesn't help
Old 07-15-2018, 04:20 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ted P
I'm freezing up after 5 mintutes and the remember me box is gone now. no issues with other web sites. I deleted browsing history and cookies. doesn't help
Like I said above, the Remember Me box is gone because it's no longer used. By default, that option is already set. So there's nothing there to resolve. I also explained why you may not have the issue on another website at this time. Because the way each site generally has their own cookies, this issue will generally only occur to one site at one given time.

Please follow the instructions I provided in the link from my post you quoted. If you follow it correctly, it will work. Even if you deleted history and cookies, if you have CorvetteForum bookmarked as a Favorite the data may not get deleted unless you allow deletion of favorites data.
Old 07-16-2018, 01:35 PM
Ted P
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 129 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
Like I said above, the Remember Me box is gone because it's no longer used. By default, that option is already set. So there's nothing there to resolve. I also explained why you may not have the issue on another website at this time. Because the way each site generally has their own cookies, this issue will generally only occur to one site at one given time.

Please follow the instructions I provided in the link from my post you quoted. If you follow it correctly, it will work. Even if you deleted history and cookies, if you have CorvetteForum bookmarked as a Favorite the data may not get deleted unless you allow deletion of favorites data.

ok thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Staying logged in

Quick Reply: Staying logged in