Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Resetting "opening page"

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 08:14 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Default Resetting "opening page"

It appears that IE is no longer working too well, as an internet access point, as I've been having troubles on the Corvette Forum, the last couple of days. I tried Google Chrome, and it seems to work better, but I stumbled on an issue. WAY back when, when I first joined the CF, I must have set a preference that when I log in, I go to a page that shows all of the discussion forums, in a linear fashion. When I logged in, using Chrome, I got to an "opening page" of some sort, and then on the left side of the page, there was a menu that showed the discussion topics individually. Could someone remind me how I set the opening page to show the entire topics page

THANKS!
Old 10-25-2018, 09:49 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"leadfoot4" Without seeing a screen capture I'm not 100% following. However, it sounds to me like you have a specific bookmark in IE. There is no account preference for log in behavior. When one is prompted to log in, they are usually taken back to the previous page prior to log in. So you must have a specific bookmark in IE for CorvetteForum if you're getting taken to a different page after log in.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:50 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

What I'm getting at, is apparently, given my limited computer skills, at some time in the past, when I listed the CF as one of my "favorites", I must have been on a page that showed ALL of the various forums headings, in a "scroll down" menu. When I typed in Corvette Forum, using the Google Chrome browser, I was taken to an opening page that today, showed a c-5 "skeleton" that was driveable, and some discussion about a Volvo. If I wanted to look at C-5 discussions, off topic discussions, PR&C discussions, I had to go to the upper left corner of the opening page, where a black box with all of the topics are listed, and then individually select which area I wanted to look at.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:20 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
What I'm getting at, is apparently, given my limited computer skills, at some time in the past, when I listed the CF as one of my "favorites", I must have been on a page that showed ALL of the various forums headings, in a "scroll down" menu. When I typed in Corvette Forum, using the Google Chrome browser, I was taken to an opening page that today, showed a c-5 "skeleton" that was driveable, and some discussion about a Volvo. If I wanted to look at C-5 discussions, off topic discussions, PR&C discussions, I had to go to the upper left corner of the opening page, where a black box with all of the topics are listed, and then individually select which area I wanted to look at.
"leadfoot4" I'd suggest you open IE and find the bookmark for CF and copy/paste that bookmark into your other browser. Because it sounds to me you have bookmarked some section/page on CF in IE and I can't think or know of what you might be seeing.

Get notified of new replies

To Resetting "opening page"

Quick Reply: Resetting "opening page"